Hey, Kyler

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either Kyler turns it around within the next 2 years HE will be gone. His failure to step up may very well preserve the new head coach for a couple of more years.
Agreed. Kliff wasn't going to get a chance with another QB. But the next coach will if Kyler doesn't do what he needs to do.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Agreed. Kliff wasn't going to get a chance with another QB. But the next coach will if Kyler doesn't do what he needs to do.
Yup...I'd say the next coach will get 4 years to turn things around..2 years with Murray, then possibly 2 years with a new QB, if Murray doesn't rise to the occasion.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was UNDER CONTRACT.
Not sure why the caps are necessary...but it is one of the only tools that players have and use when they are in these disputes.

The same player you mentioned before about (Lamar Jackson) players strongly coming to the aid of their QB, also sat out during his contract dispute while under contract.

Can't have it both ways.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The threat of needing to eat crow on a fanboy message board is laughable. If you dont think EVERY SINGLE ONE of Murrays detractors wouldnt shovel it in by the truckload if he comes back all fire and brimstone and kicks ass up and down the field, youre crazy. All we want is this team to win, and have its players do their jobs well.

C'mon... there are some who wallow in misery.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it distasteful.

Yeah we get it, Kyler Murray is a shorter than average NFL QB, but that's not germane to this conversation.
I find it low hanging fruit.

I don't know which I like worse, the height thing or the Call of Duty double XP one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why the caps are necessary...but it is one of the only tools that players have and use when they are in these disputes.

The same player you mentioned before about (Lamar Jackson) players strongly coming to the aid of their QB, also sat out during his contract dispute while under contract.

Can't have it both ways.
I never commented on Jackson’s dispute so it’s immaterial. Jackson also had taken his team to the playoffs multiple times, won a game AND won an MVP. He was much more justified in demanding a deal.

And again, that guy got all the support in the world from his team and still does. Kyler gets a meh at best and is trashed by former players.

Their situations are completely different from each in pretty much every way except… they both wanted new contracts. Context matters.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay. He literally says that Kyler got paid and he’s still working. Put as much faith as you want in the unvarnished truth from a rookie late-round pick.

I'll put some faith in someone in the room, on the field, and, as logic dictates, even more in you from the couch.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Four years of data and you’re still not forming an opinion?

Data has shown Kyler has been terrible, ok, average, good, and elite in small stretches. He was the best player in football for a 7 game stretch in 2021 and was a bottom 5 QB for a similar stretch this past season.

So no, I don't have a true opinion him as a player yet. I want to see him play with much better leadership, but I also want him to show more focus.

In the end, I honestly don't know who or what Kyler really is.

Last edited:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
consensus says...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Can't see that Kyler respects anyone including his own bad self. Well, maybe his parents.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never commented on Jackson’s dispute so it’s immaterial.
Except that it isn't.

Jackson also had taken his team to the playoffs multiple times, won a game AND won an MVP. He was much more justified in demanding a deal.
Of course Jackson is justified. But it also shows that a lot of players do it, not just the ones that are perceived justified.
And again, that guy got all the support in the world from his team and still does. Kyler gets a meh at best and is trashed by former players.
Trashed and supported, although more trashed these days obviously. Easy to kick a guy when he and the entire organization is down.
Their situations are completely different from each in pretty much every way except… they both wanted new contracts. Context matters.
Context matters, sure, but I don't agree that they are complete different.

Both are mobile QBs who are showing to be oft-injured.
Only one is coached by an offensive staff that truly knew how to get the most out of him.
Both are uber-confident in their abilities and aren't the most media savvy (although Jackson is quite a bit better than Kyler)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Can't have it both ways.
Kyler came off a disappointing end to the 2021 season and an embarrassment in the playoffs. His response to the upcoming season, demands an extension a year before his option year, and misses offseason work. Are those the actions of a guy who is prioritizing winning?

I don't have an issue with guys wanting to secure generational wealth. Go for it. But don't say winning is everything and have your actions say securing the bag is more important.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

For those who are still upset about Kyler getting his surgery elsewhere...it's not that uncommon.
I don’t care where Kyler got his surgery but this is a horrible comparison. When you essentially have a comparable injury to Tommy John, you go to a noted baseball surgeon. Just about any clown orthopedic surgeon can fix a knee these days.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler wants to win but he hasn't shown the willingness to sacrifice to win.
I'd take a more optimistic approach (obviously)

He wants to win, but he only knows his way of winning. Losing organization, losing coach, losing roster, etc etc.
He retreats to what he knows. And surrounds himself to people he'll listen to (his dad, his trainers)

This is where a Sean Payton or someone of that ilk could enlighten him of the why to do X, Y, Z and have a legit plan showing proof of it.

So now its gonna be on Lou (or Mike) to show him the structure, process of how guys like Burrow and Mahomes have got it done on the NFL level.

If Kyler doesnt listen then, which is no guarantee cause neither have the pedigree of Payton, then its on him. And we'll have to move on.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler came off a disappointing end to the 2021 season and an embarrassment in the playoffs. His response to the upcoming season, demands an extension a year before his option year, and misses offseason work. Are those the actions of a guy who is prioritizing winning?

I don't have an issue with guys wanting to secure generational wealth. Go for it. But don't say winning is everything and have your actions say securing the bag is more important.
These two sentences don't exactly go together. If you don't have a problem with securing this wealth, then sitting out shouldn't be a big deal as that is par for the course. ...unless you are going somewhere else in your last sentence that I am missing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
These two sentences don't exactly go together. If you don't have a problem with securing this wealth, then sitting out shouldn't be a big deal as that is par for the course. ...unless you are going somewhere else in your last sentence that I am missing.
You can't say winning is everything and then have your actions be contrary to that because they prioritize money.

If you are about the money, be about the money, but don't lie about what your priorities are.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can't say winning is everything and then have your actions be contrary to that because they prioritize money.

If you are about the money, be about the money, but don't lie about what your priorities are.
It's about the money for every single NFL player. Don't fool yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson