MCU: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm alright with that. No one will convince me that mega scene was good. It just went on and on and on and Loki kept doing nothing and Kang just kept on twirling that mustache.
On the flip side sounds like you are convincing nobody else.;)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Apparently it is a kick ass Sci Fi movie.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see it. Watching the trailer this had almost a GOTG vibe to it. Seems like the initial reviews are pretty good and Kang is a hit.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to it. Really hoping the Kang angle doesn't much it up.
I find the multiple reviews comparing it to Star Wars odd. I have yet to find anything ever like Star Wars. We shall see.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I find the multiple reviews comparing it to Star Wars odd. I have yet to find anything ever like Star Wars. We shall see.

Star Wars came from The Hidden Fortress and John Carter of Mars.

Other than the Hero's Journey of course, but that's more of story structure.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Star Wars came from The Hidden Fortress and John Carter of Mars.

Other than the Hero's Journey of course, but that's more of story structure.
I know where it came from. Sorry I wasn't clearer. It's scary when someone compares look or feel of that world to something like the MCU. Makes me nervous it's creating some expectations that might not be warranted. I am curious to see where that is coming from.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know where it came from. Sorry I wasn't clearer. It's scary when someone compares look or feel of that world to something like the MCU. Makes me nervous it's creating some expectations that might not be warranted. I am curious to see where that is coming from.
Ah.

Yeah, I don't know. Star Wars was pretty big in it's time, mostly because of the emergence of it's groundbreaking special effects. Cultural impact lasts today.

The funny thing is Star Wars is arguably not even a Sci-Fi movie. But yeah, even watching previews I didn't think of Star Wars at all. Guess that is just always gunna be what people compare to.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah.

Yeah, I don't know. Star Wars was pretty big in it's time, mostly because of the emergence of it's groundbreaking special effects. Cultural impact lasts today.

The funny thing is Star Wars is arguably not even a Sci-Fi movie. But yeah, even watching previews I didn't think of Star Wars at all. Guess that is just always gunna be what people compare to.
When you compare anything to Star Wars there are some instant expectations, I think that comes along with that. Either way, excited to see what the buzz is about.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
63% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
63% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Down to 48%.

Looks like a theme running through the reviews. Really uneven movie that doesn’t play into the fun of the first two AntMan movies but Kang is a great villain.

So, I guess @Stout will REALLY hate this.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ant-Man was a solid start to phase 5. Jonathan Majors was fantastic as a cold and brooding Kang. It's more of a Sci Fi movie than a super hero movie.

There were some issues with Janet and her character arc but the story is really about a dad and his daughter.

2 post credit scenes.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Down to 48%.

Looks like a theme running through the reviews. Really uneven movie that doesn’t play into the fun of the first two AntMan movies but Kang is a great villain.

Here is what might be influencing with it:

It is a Sci Fi Movie with several visuals that we have seen recently. It's heavily influenced by Star Wars and Dune.

The stakes seem very high but there is some humor so maybe that's why it seems uneven. This easily could have been just absolute darkness.

It's somewhat political. Certainly more than other Marvel movies.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Down to 48%.

Yep. You got it.

I would have really like a, ya know, Ant Man movie, and not a placeholder meant to do little more than launch a new phase of Marvel--a phase that is quickly getting yawnworthy. Kang was better in this--the actor is clearly good--but the writers continue to give him short shrift. Fell asleep at one point in the middle, and that is not a good sign.

Not to mention they Deus Exed the eff out of that Machina.

Last edited:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this because someone bought me a ticket. Completely expected, entirely forgettable, consume content. Boring, typical, sad.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Watched this because someone bought me a ticket. Completely expected, entirely forgettable, consume content. Boring, typical, sad.
An excellent point. I was hoping it wasn't going to be "Here is the plot line X, Y, Z, beat by beat" but that's literally what it was. Very predictable.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what might be influencing with it:

It is a Sci Fi Movie with several visuals that we have seen recently. It's heavily influenced by Star Wars and Dune.

The stakes seem very high but there is some humor so maybe that's why it seems uneven. This easily could have been just absolute darkness.

It's somewhat political. Certainly more than other Marvel movies.
Skimming the reviews, None of those issues seem to be the problems people have with the movie.

I’ll prob wait till it hits Disney + like I have most of this new wave outside Spidey No Way Home. Marvel movies have just been super lackluster post Endgame. And I’m not surprised. That was a towering achievement in cinema history to pull off a 20 movie long franchise. There was kinda nowhere to go but down after.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose