Assuming it is down to the final three (Poll)

Who do you want the Cardinals to hire?

• Mike Kafka

Votes: 15 14.6%
  • Lou Anarumo

Votes: 50 48.5%
  • Brian Flores

Votes: 38 36.9%

• Total voters

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
The Cards have second interviews with Mike Kafka on Tuesday, Brian Flores on Wednesday, and Lou Anarumo on Friday. Who do you want?

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Flores is a safer pick. He has HC experience, familiar with our GM.
However I don’t know why he was never given the DC role in New England. But was a scout.

Lou has been a DC for 3 years and thats it.

Kafka has been an OC for 1 year and that’s it.

It comes down whoever is on the same page as the front office and whoever has the better staff, OC, DC

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Caldwell is not going to be an OC. We already know this.
Why do you say that? He is 68 and has been out of football for 3 seasons and may want back in. He has spent most of his career coaching QBs and would be great for Kyler maybe not as the OC but as the qb coach.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Why do you say that? He is 68 and has been out of football for 3 seasons and may want back in. He has spent most of his career coaching QBs and would be great for Kyler maybe not as the OC but as the qb coach.
Because he himself has publicly and definitively said so and it's been posted (quoted) many times on this message board.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, not really excited about any of em, seems like Bidwill did his Bidwill thing and took too long under the guise of the "casting a wide net" phrase and is now picking the last few remaining

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Glad that the Caldwell conversation got buried quick, haha.

I voted Anarumo. Flores is interesting, but is also the most terrifying candidate remaining. He'll either turn Kyler into a superhero, or break him entirely.

Kafka is a guy I actually wanted us to draft, haha. I kinda think he's the correct version of the young offensive mind that we were going for with Kliff. Unfortunately, I think he needs another two to five years to get it right. Offensive coaching trees are kinda sapped right now.

A lot of trustworthy NFL minds have Anarumo's back, and he has a ton of experience. Who doesn't love street cred? I can see the guy building a very worthy staff, and delegating his leadership in the best way.

Honestly, if it's any of these three though, I'll actually support them, unlike when we hired Kingsbury.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Caldwell is not going to be an OC. We already know this.

We don't know it. We know he wants to be a HC, that's not going to happen.

If his options are OC (which might lead to HC next year) or enforced retirement why would he not choose to coach?

The "Only pursuing HC opportunities" was at the beginning of this cycle. It was a fair position to take. Now he knows that's not happening I'm sure his position will change.

egomaniac247

Veteran
Reaction score
Flores = Singletary with the 9ers….with the added inevitable lawsuit when/if you fire him down the road…

But they’re getting sued either way bc he’ll add the Cardinals to the lawsuit if he doesn’t get the job anyways

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Flores = Singletary with the 9ers….with the added inevitable lawsuit when/if you fire him down the road…

But they’re getting sued either way bc he’ll add the Cardinals to the lawsuit if he doesn’t get the job anyways
BFlo and Singletary are nothing alike.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta be honest, not really excited about any of em, seems like Bidwill did his Bidwill thing and took too long under the guise of the "casting a wide net" phrase and is now picking the last few remaining
I don’t think the amount of time taken is really the issue. There is a perception of this organization within the coaching community and it is clearly a turn off to those coaches most would think is the top tier. This is true of the last for hiring cycles the Cardinals have been in.

The reasons cycle to cycle vary undoubtedly but the issues remain

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We don't know it. We know he wants to be a HC, that's not going to happen.

If his options are OC (which might lead to HC next year) or enforced retirement why would he not choose to coach?

The "Only pursuing HC opportunities" was at the beginning of this cycle. It was a fair position to take. Now he knows that's not happening I'm sure his position will change.
The old "you don't know" argument.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This was the staff Flores left in Miami

OC: Eric Studesville / George Godsey
DC: Josh Boyer

Why are people assuming that he won't go back to these guys?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't really care. There's a downside to all 3 remaining candidates. Whoever is the choice this board will melt down. Bring on the :grabs:
There‘s actually a downside to every HC hire. No candidate is perfect. I like the leadership skills of Anarumo & the coaching experience of Flores. I’ll be ok with either of them 2. Both would make us a much tougher football team. If I had to watch one more game with the spineless combo of Kliff/VJ, my head would explode.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Also, Flores had three different OCs in his three years as HC in Miami. Not sure why people suddenly thinks he has figured out a different/competent offensive plan.

Offensively Flores showed nothing in Miami to prove he has answers for the offensive side of the ball. Mishandled a top 5 QB. No stability at OC. Terrible offensive line. All his fault...maybe not but like Kliff in AZ, he shares the blame as HC.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose