Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Like I eluded yesterday, Glenn could have been the favorite a few days ago, but Mike may have a tough time selling him after the Hard Knocks video. Unfortunate.
Why? Saw the video, and Glenn laughed at what the guys were joking about and said nothing about Kyler if I am correct. Am I not correct or did I miss something

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, my chain of replies wasn't really focused on whether or not teams will trade up, I think that's always going to continue happening, and is likely to happen this year. My main argument was against K9's point below, my only point being that history doesn't show that teams with well-built rosters trading up are really getting a successful guy that takes them anywhere.
Gotcha.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I don't know if Kafka is anything like KK.

Kliff is young, but a few years older than Mike...Kliff didn't have previous success as a HC, while Kafka has zero experience at any level, I believe...Kliff is dating IG models and definitely has an image to uphold. I haven't seen or heard anything like that about Kafka. Oh, and their offensive systems aren't anything alike, that I can tell. I'm not saying I prefer Kafka over Sweet Lou, but I just don't really see real similarities with KK.

Lou may very well be the BA of defense and become an outstanding HC.
Sweet Lou? Ok I’d hire him just for the cool nickname.

I flip flop on who I want. I kinda want a OC guy to help Kyler. But I also like Sweet Lou’s older more experienced seems to be a great DC and sounds like just a hell of a guy. Ok Sweet Lou is my guy today.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Anarumo I think would make a good head coach. Kyler? Then get a good OC and QB coach
If Bienemy is interviewing in Baltimore for OC (I think he knows he needs to get out of Reid's shadow and call plays), maybe he'd do it in AZ??? I know he said no in 2018 for HC interview.

For QB Coach, I'll keep throwing Garrett Riley out there. He's the brother of Lincoln Riley and OC of TCU. I think it could be a good Kyler connection.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m sure the second interview is where the candidate takes a few days and really evaluates the team roster and players and says what they think.

First interview is probably focused on vibes, philosophy, and maybe staff lined up/ideas.
Or............the organization likes what the candidate said during the first interview, upon leaving told them to decide on coordinators etc etc in case they get asked back for a 2nd interview? There's no way to know what is said unless we're in the room.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Bienemy is interviewing in Baltimore for OC (I think he knows he needs to get out of Reid's shadow and call plays), maybe he'd do it in AZ??? I know he said no in 2018 for HC interview.

For QB Coach, I'll keep throwing Garrett Riley out there. He's the brother of Lincoln Riley and OC of TCU. I think it could be a good Kyler connection.
I think Bienemy has been calling plays?

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I think Bienemy has been calling plays?
Does Andy Reid call all the plays?

So what Andy is saying by omission is that HE in fact calls the plays in a headset to Eric, and then Eric "relays" them to Patricks helmet. That's what they do. So Andy calls all the plays and Eric runs the errand.Jan 24, 2022

So Eric technically calls them in, but Andy is selecting from the menu. It's how Andy is monitoring game flow. That's what Eric needs under his belt. He would have been a HC years ago, if anyone thought he had more control and it wasn't just Reid.

There is also this, from LeSean McCoy's time in KC:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm hoping that if Bidwill picks Flores that he hires Bieniemy as the OC. It's been said several times in the media recently that Bieniemy wants & needs to get away from Reid so he can show what he can do completely on his own.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So what Andy is saying by omission is that HE in fact calls the plays in a headset to Eric, and then Eric "relays" them to Patricks helmet. That's what they do. So Andy calls all the plays and Eric runs the errand.Jan 24, 2022
Ah. I noticed during the games Bienemy calling the plays but he is just a relay. Makes sense he would want to get out from under that

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

So Eric technically calls them in, but Andy is selecting from the menu. It's how Andy is monitoring game flow. That's what Eric needs under his belt. He would have been a HC years ago, if anyone thought he had more control and it wasn't just Reid.

There is also this, from LeSean McCoy's time in KC:

I heard on NFL network the other day that Reid does let Bieniemy call some of the plays on his own. They kind of share the responsibility in a small portion.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Late next week?

I'm all for getting the right guy but,

1, Do you really need 2nd interviews with a guy you already spent 4+ hours with?

2, LATE next week? Both guys are done for the year. It should be Monday and announced Tuesday.
How many times did we interview Kliff. Maybe a 2nd interview would have pointed out something that would have saved us.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What’s the situation with brining in OC/DC as the same job for us? I know it used to be possible to hire a coordinator from another team as your coordinator if you offered a promotion, like to assistant HC. Could we pry Kafka away as OC & assistant HC for Anarumo??

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Here's the timeline tracker link again, if anyone needs it: https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-coachi...-interviews-developments-in-2023-hiring-cycle

Here's AZ part cut/paste, as of now:

COACHING/GM INTERVIEWS​

You must be registered for see images attach

Arizona Cardinals
Head coach · General manager
Head coach: