Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hurts 6'1 222 4.59. Richardson 6'4 231 possible sub 4.5. Bigger, stronger, faster. Definitely not as experienced nor did he have as good of game tape.
I haven’t seen his movement skills or balance. Hurts is a superior athlete at QB. Just can’t buy “a lot” there…

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I was really thinking we could hear something today, kinda makes me wonder if we'll interview even more after the Super Bowl, both teams will be in town anyways lol but regardless, Monti sure is just keeping his Cards close to his vest

One narrative I didn't buy into today was the whole "coaches don't want to come here because Kyler is hurt and hard headed" BS

Look, that may very well have been the case with Sean Payton but if we're interviewing a whole lotta candidates it means there's a whole lotta candidates that'll take the job

Not only that but what if one of Monti's top choices is on the Chiefs or Eagles staff? Not like he'd just sit all stagnant for well over a month he'd still have to be productive and turn over stone
It’s very cute you think Monti is making the decision here

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Since this thread has gotten off topic, I'll try & steer it back to its original title, "coaching candidates" lol. Mike Kafka seems like a good fit for Kyler anyway, look what he did for Daniel Jones. When Brian Daboll got the Giants HC job, he targeted Kafka from the Chiefs immediately & for good reasons. 1. He worked with Mahomes being his QB coach & 2. He was the passing game coordinator for two years. I mean who wouldn't want that Chiefs offense. I know it runs way better having Mahomes running it but still, very successful offensive scheme. It got a rookie HC & OC into the playoffs with Daniel Jones. Kafka knows Monti also, he was a backup QB with the Patriots for a few years while Monti was there. If nothing else, Monti could try & hire him so they would have matching bald heads lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Shane Steichen OC Eagles
He would definitely have to modify his scheme because Kyler ain't taking all those hits that Jalen Hurts takes lol. I'm not against it. I've been thinking the last few days "what if Michael & Monti are waiting for the SB to end so they can interview Steichen"?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
would really love to know who Flores has as his OC

i would prefer a HC who has done it before

i feel like Flores would be a high floor kinda hire

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He would definitely have to modify his scheme because Kyler ain't taking all those hits that Jalen Hurts takes lol. I'm not against it. I've been thinking the last few days "what if Michael & Monti are waiting for the SB to end so they can interview Steichen"?
It's highly possible that he has designed this game around Hurts' passing ability, which is not top tier. Kind of like Lamar Jackson. I think Kyler, when healthy and locked in is an above average arm. That's just how I interpret it.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not sure where I stand right now with the candidates, I keep going back & forth but here goes.

1. Steichen (his OL's smash you in the mouth)
1A. Kafka (simply because of Kyler)
1B. Flores (he has the HC experience)
2. Anarumo (his defenses are good)

For real though, you could probably throw all 4 names in a hat & have as good of a chance on having success. I'm getting behind whomever they hire unless it's VJ, that would be the end of the line for me.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That’s fine. I don’t need a top 3 pick at quarterback to be successful. If I have a well-built roster and a top 10 pick, I can trade up and get my guy.

Like what the 49ers did with Trey Lance.
I'm responding to this four pages back, so I don't know if someone addressed this before me, but trading up for QBs hasn't exactly been a winning strategy. Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and Patrick Mahomes have been the only successes like... ever. The jury is out on Fields, and Trey Lance is pretty much teetering on useless territory right now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm responding to this four pages back, so I don't know if someone addressed this before me, but trading up for QBs hasn't exactly been a winning strategy. Josh Allen, Lamar Jackson, and Patrick Mahomes have been the only successes like... ever. The jury is out on Fields, and Trey Lance is pretty much teetering on useless territory right now.

Man, if you run the scenario I’m taking about (moving from Top 10 into the top 5) the results look way better.

I don’t think a qb prospect drafted like 22nd overall works out any worse than the usual late-first round pick, but the failure is magnified because only 1 QB is on the field.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
For sure he can’t take hits like that.