Suns updates and discussion for the 2022-23 season

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barkley was on all the smoke. Pretty much said

I think my Suns are done. Once you lose the chemistry on a team you can’t get it back. You can tell they don’t like eachother.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not going to be surprised if the Suns do a mini blowup if the Suns get bounced early in the playoffs or don't make it. I know all of the focus is on Crowder but I am starting to think unless Ayton goes on a huge tear? I am leaning that his days here are numbered. According to TSN the Raptors almost traded for Ayton.

"Toronto was close to acquiring Deandre Ayton from Phoenix in a sign and trade last summer, according to a source."

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyrie Irving has demanded a trade before the trade deadline. There is no way KD is going to want to stay now. Oh boy!!!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a week ago or so Kyrie said he was ready to re-sign with the Nets. They must have declined to give him another max deal.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG. SHAMS is reporting the Suns, Mavs and Lakers have "emerged" to get Kyrie. Heard it on the radio just now.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a week ago or so Kyrie said he was ready to re-sign with the Nets. They must have declined to give him another max deal.

Looks like they put stipulations in the contract they just offered and Kyrie got offended.

He’s gonna be in for a shock when he hits the open market

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like they put stipulations in the contract they just offered and Kyrie got offended.

He’s gonna be in for a shock when he hits the open market
Uh...evidently not. See post.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are saying on the radio there is only a few teams in all of the NBA that wouldn't have to dismantle to get Kyrie. Suns, Mavs and Lakers.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Barkley was on all the smoke. Pretty much said

I think my Suns are done. Once you lose the chemistry on a team you can’t get it back. You can tell they don’t like eachother.
I don't think they don't like each other, maybe they no longer like the coach?

Something is wrong - but the players do seem to still like each other.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think they don't like each other, maybe they no longer like the coach?

Something is wrong - but the players do seem to still like each other.

Ayton and Bridges have jawed at each other several times this season. Usually when one blows coverage. Lately they’ve been a better duo on offense, usually bridges couldn’t get him the ball.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton and Bridges have jawed at each other several times this season. Usually when one blows coverage. Lately they’ve been a better duo on offense, usually bridges couldn’t get him the ball.
Not buying it, they are good friends. Mikal throws him more entry passes than anybody other than CP3

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo just said the same thing.

At this point I think you got to do that.

If it doesn’t work out you get rid of Kyrie at the end of the year and free up all that money and your not on the hook for Paul anymore the next two years

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are saying on the radio there is only a few teams in all of the NBA that wouldn't have to dismantle to get Kyrie. Suns, Mavs and Lakers.
Mavs could beat our offer - Lakers no way.

Well I mean Mavs could beat just CP3 - which is all I would be willing to offer.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

If it doesn’t work out you get rid of Kyrie at the end of the year and free up all that money and your not on the hook for Paul anymore the next two years
I have to admit how much this makes sense. Our window might be just this year. So, do you trust that CP3 can stay healthy throughout a long playoff run or that you can get Kyrie to work for this season. As much as I detest Kyrie? I think Kyrie is more likely to get us through the playoffs verses depending on CP3's health.

I just threw up in my mouth.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We are only on the hook for half of Pauls salary next year - but yeah if it's only for the rest of this season it is still a no brainer, because I think the Suns would be dumb not to cut Paul this offseason anyway - so to me it is just a question of who is the better player right now, and that is clearly Kyrie.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo saying OG Anouby not happening.

Gambo saying Millwaukee deal for those 3 bum's is not happening

Gambo saying no Alex Caruso

Gambo saying no John Collins deal

Gambo saying no Coby White deal

Gambo Saying no Streuss

Gambo saying no Reddish

But he says trade will happen for someone that has not been rumored.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo spoke to the Suns. OG deal is not happening. 3 person Bucks deal is not happening. There will be no Bucks trade. Caruso deal not happening. Collins deal will not happen. Kobe White deal not happening. Spruce/Richardson deal not happening. None of those trades the Suns are pursuing. Jae deal likely going to be for someone not widely reported.

Additional teams granted permission to speak to speak to Jae.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are only on the hook for half of Pauls salary next year - but yeah if it's only for the rest of this season it is still a no brainer, because I think the Suns would be dumb not to cut Paul this offseason anyway - so to me it is just a question of who is the better player right now, and that is clearly Kyrie.

Yeah Kyrie is a nut but he’s putting up as good as he’s ever put up this year. In 40 games 27/5/5

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo saying OG Anouby not happening.

Gambo saying Millwaukee deal for those 3 bum's is not happening

Gambo saying no Alex Caruso

Gambo saying no John Collins deal

Gambo saying no Coby White deal

Gambo Saying no Streuss

Gambo saying no Reddish

But he says trade will happen for someone that has not been rumored.

I’m good with no to all those moves.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose