Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
His career record of 25-31-1 says he isn't a consistent winning QB at the NFL level, and his one season with a winning record is the outlier at this point in time. Jay Cutler had two seasons with a winning record so the same argument could have been made for him but ultimately he was who he was. Talented but underachieving.

At this point, I take Daniel Jones over Kyler Murray.
Dude is 21-32-1 60.3% Comp 60TD 34INT (Passing) 12RushingTD's
Murray is 67% Comp 84TD 41INT (Passing) 23RushingTD's

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Painted ourselves in a corner, we did. Best scenario is fixing Kyler...anything else is a long term proposition.
What I think you and @Chopper0080 aren't understanding is that I don't think the Cardinals are going to "fix" him.

Their only path is to wait until they can move on and improve the fundamentals of the team.

Make him early career Russell Wilson.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes, 4k yards and thank you.

To this point, Kyler's NFL career is a lot of coulda, woulda, and shoulda. I am over it. For me, after 4 years, he is what he is until he shows something different.
I just think Kyler being an unlikable guy (to you and a few others) makes people overlook how unstable the franchise has been for the 4 years he's been here.

I remember reading Carolina fans debating a whole lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda with Christian McCaffrey.
Lions fans doing the same with Matthew Stafford.

Kyler wasnt able to overcome Keim. Lets see if Monti can make this a more stable environment.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The Giants beat reporter was on Phoenix radio yesterday and said Kafka is well liked but isn’t sure he’s the type of alpha/leader to be a HC. Sound familiar?

Callahan having worked with a wide range of QB’s is intriguing but the only young guy he’s worked with is Burrow. It’s difficult to asses his impact on Burrow’s development considering he came into the the with the emotional poise and leadership of a ten year vet. There was no need to be part coach/part psychologist. Kyler is a different animal.

How would we feel about Lou Amarumo & Greg Roman?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Giants beat reporter was on Phoenix radio yesterday and said Kafka is well liked but isn’t sure he’s the type of alpha/leader to be a HC. Sound familiar?

Callahan having worked with a wide range of QB’s is intriguing but the only young guy he’s worked with is Burrow. It’s difficult to asses his impact on Burrow’s development considering he came into the the with the emotional poise and leadership of a ten year vet. There was no need to be part coach/part psychologist. Kyler is a different animal.

How would we feel about Lou Amarumo & Greg Roman?
Hell to the no regarding Greg Roman.

I’m good with Lou.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
What I think you and @Chopper0080 aren't understanding is that I don't think the Cardinals are going to "fix" him.

Their only path is to wait until they can move on and improve the fundamentals of the team.

Make him early career Russell Wilson.
maybe

i think it comes down to the assessment of what happened to him in the later 5 games of 2021 and all of 2022-- because the 2020 and first 10 games of 2021 version of Kyler Murray has a great deal to like.

Could it be that he got his big contract and mailed it in? maybe, but that doesnt explain 2021.

It should be pointed out that the first 10 games of 2021 were the best offensive line he played behind in his NFL career. The later half of 2021 and 2022 was when the offensive line revolving door hit its high point.

correlation doesnt prove causation, but its worth noting.

Its also worth noting that Matt Stafford won a SB when his o-line was healthy all year -- and this year between Whitworth retiring and their revolving door on the line, the offense was a shambles.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Weird that it took better coaching, to get him to just be average, though. Imagine Murray with better coaching and more natural talent.

Kyler's first game was against a p'od Super Bowl champion Rams. He looked awful.

Daniel Jones against possible super bowl champion Eagles looked gawd awful.

I think we have a different outlook if we faced the Cowboys instead of the Rams. But such is the life of Bird City.

And Kliff openly treating the Seahawks game like a preseason game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose