POLL: Sean Payton in 2023 (Officially Going to Denver)

Should Cardinals pursue Sean Payton after the season?

• Yes

Votes: 175 85.0%
  • No

Votes: 31 15.0%

• Total voters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This was just so obviously what was going to happen.

So now we've lost Payton, Ryans and Reich to other teams. I like Brian Flores been clear about that but clearly he wasn't one of our top choices, we started keying in on him because we knew we were NOT getting the guys we wanted.
We are keying on him?

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Don't we go thru this every time. We check off all the top interviewees as they get hired by other teams and are then left with someone all the others passed on as we are told with a straight face that he was the guy we always wanted and only waited while we finished our due diligence to make sure he was everything we thought he was.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really comical.

The Cardinals and the team who decided Jeff Saturday could somehow be coach are the only teams without head coaches in the NFL three weeks into the off-season.

Ladies and Gentlemen… if any of you are deluding yourselves, we are STILL amongst the worst franchises not just in the NFL, but ALL of sports.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
When I read all the doom and gloom, I have to ask…Why remain a fan? Ownership, which many of the negative comments point to, isn’t changing soon, or probably ever. Why not find another team that checks off all the boxes to make your lives more positive and happy?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I read all the doom and gloom, I have to ask…Why remain a fan? Ownership, which many of the negative comments point to, isn’t changing soon, or probably ever. Why not find another team that checks off all the boxes to make your lives more positive and happy?
CDS

Cardinals Derangement Syndrome :mrgreen:

I'm addicted to the Cardinals, punishment and all

I went to CA

Cardinals Anonymous but it didn't help o_O

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

People love to moan.

It doesn't help that a large portion of the ownership complaints are completely fabricated or unsubstantiated rumor.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I was a Bills fan when Jim Kelly was QB. everyone around me where I worked was a Cardinals fan. After 5 years of prodding (and Aeneas Williams fandom) I was converted. That was 30 years and I can’t seem to shake loose of them…

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Your team is your team. When you give your loyalty as a fan, you stay loyal. I won't condemn other people for switching teams, though I'll always laugh when they then say "my team won xyz," because to me that's not having "a" team. I may threaten to quit the Cards, but it's impossible to do so.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Born and raised in PHX. I’ll always be an arizona sports fan. Now living in MPLS, everyone sees arizona as such a transient place. “You're an AZ native?, Holy cow!”

Having only lived here for a few months, people seem to treat sports differently when most of the folks who live here are from here. Lot of passion for all of Minneapolis sports teams. Even their AAA ball club is held to a higher standard than the DBacks lol. Just a different vibe.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are keying on him?

If I had to bet money I'd bet we hire him.

I think he's qualified first of all so that's good, but I also think Bidwill sees it as a benefit in the Wilks lawsuit.

I guess we're now expanding to 2 Bengals assistants plus Kafka from the Giants. Callahan is the interesting name I guess, 38, son of Bill, but he's never been above an OC and I get the impression most of us think the Bengals offense is the product of Zac Taylor and Burrow and the WR's, not the OC but that may be unfair to him. He's intriguing to me because he was a QB's coach before he was an OC so might be a good fit for Kyler.

My gut says we're not going to hire a coach who hasn't been a HC before so that makes Flores the favorite, but we have a new GM so I have no idea what he thinks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good of you to outright substantiate that you think the Cards are a good organization...

You must be registered for see images attach

I think there are like 5 Orgs that you could say were run differently. Then you can slide a piece of paper between the other 27.

The whole "Cards are the worst Org in sport" died with Bill. The only people perpetuating this myth are the teams own fans. Kliff was the 13th highest paid NFL headcoach. Mike has put $15m in the training complex and $100m in the stadium in the past 10 years. Is he perfect? No. But the NFL is full of not perfect owners.

The whole "This org sucks because were going to be 4-5 days later hiring a HC than 2 other teams" thing is a bit sad to be honest.

There are LOTS of people on here that pile on the org for absolutely everything and anything.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think there are like 5 Orgs that you could say were run differently. Then you can slide a piece of paper between the other 27.

The whole "Cards are the worst Org in sport" died with Bill. The only people perpetuating this myth are the teams own fans. Kliff was the 13th highest paid NFL headcoach. Mike has put $15m in the training complex and $100m in the stadium in the past 10 years. Is he perfect? No. But the NFL is full of not perfect owners.

The whole "This org sucks because were going to be 4-5 days later hiring a HC than 2 other teams" thing is a bit sad to be honest.

There are LOTS of people on here that pile on the org for absolutely everything and anything.
Effort does not equate success. Lots of teams in lots of sports throw money at problems and fail. This is a historically bad franchise. We've had a few bright spots over the past decade or two, but not many. We are certainly one of the worst organizations in the NFL.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
BA was a stroke of luck, and couldn’t keep him. Warner was a stroke of luck. Everyone thought he was washed but he took us to the SB. I’ve only been a fan for 30 years but other than the BA/Warner years I’ve seen very little the Cards have gotten right.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Effort does not equate success. Lots of teams in lots of sports throw money at problems and fail. This is a historically bad franchise. We've had a few bright spots over the past decade or two, but not many. We are certainly one of the worst organizations in the NFL.

How? How are we one of the worse since Mike took over?

In regards to wins we are 17th since 2007 and State Farm stadium is one of the better stadiums in the league. Our training player facilities could do with a little work I think but they aren't awful, around average.

So what exactly makes us one of the worst in the NFL? What specifically makes us worse as an organisation than the Jags, Browns, Lions, Colts, Raiders, Commanders, Jets, Bucs, Bears, Texans, Titans, Falcons, etc?

Apart from fans that hate their own franchise of course.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don’t think Bidwill is cheap. I think he is an owner playing fantasy football. It appears he can’t grasp the idea of hiring the personnel to run his team without meddling in basic decisions.
He’s not a jerk. But when your organization has one or two winning seasons every 5/6 years you are what you are.
Extending the K boys was and has been blasted from the day it was announced….and it was a huge stupid mistake that may set this club back 2-3 years.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BA was a stroke of luck, and couldn’t keep him. Warner was a stroke of luck. Everyone thought he was washed but he took us to the SB. I’ve only been a fan for 30 years but other than the BA/Warner years I’ve seen very little the Cards have gotten right.

Everything we get right is luck. Everything other teams get right is prudence.

Herein lies the problem.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t think Bidwill is cheap. I think he is an owner playing fantasy football. It appears he can’t grasp the idea of hiring the personnel to run his team without meddling in basic decisions.

I've said the same, however I don't really have evidence of this and he has said himself he does not make football decisions, he simply likes to stay informed as to what and why.

My biggest issue with him was his buddy relationship with Keim which gave him blinkers. Which he's now resolved.

But the league is full of owners that meddle to some degree or another. Lurrie sacked Pederson because he wanted him to change his OC. Nobody says the Eagles are "the worst".

But this is really a fan gripe, not a national image issue.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don Coryell once said, “I’d rather be lucky than good.”
Why? Because lucky always wins. You could be good and lose.

The problem is this club is neither.

The Rams absolutely sucked donkey balls for a decade before McVay. 6 or so of them under Kroenke and Les Snead.

Yet now both are toasted as visionaries as if none of that crap happened. Snead has a 91-86 record. That's about 0.1% better than Keim.

My point being, the only things wrong with this org are the right HC and the right QB. Look at the Bengals for further proof.

We fix these two things and suddenly you don't suck any more.

This org is no worse than 2 dozen others throughout the league over the past 15 years. Like them we had spells with the right HC and QB and spells without.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My point being, the only things wrong with this org are the right HC and the right QB. Look at the Bengals for further proof.

That's some rose colored glass you are looking through. This team is a mess and needs a lot more than that to right the ship.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I disagree @BritCard.

There is a pattern of performance and behavior with the org that is undeniable.

I invested $25k into my training business a couple yrs ago. It doesn’t make me a good owner, it was just something I had to do to keep up and maintain the business.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose