Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I mentioned a few days ago that I was surprised he wasn’t getting more looks. He’s done quite a bit with a defense that doesn’t have a bunch of household names. kind of reminds me of a Bruce Arians type hire, older guy that’s been overlooked over the years.
He's only 56. Bruce was five years older when he got the Arizona job.

Never been a head coach at any level, although he's spent a decade in the NFL.

To be fair, he's been overlooked because his defenses have been bad up until last year.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't know how all of these new interviews will bode for the PAYton Posse or the Flores Facet

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals have cast their net so far and wide that by the time they pull their empty net back in all of the big fish will have been caught by someone else or swam away.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like the Payton deal is dead. However, neither of these guys from Cincy have HC experience. Makes no sense to me.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Looks like the Payton deal is dead. However, neither of these guys from Cincy have HC experience. Makes no sense to me.

I am hoping this is just a due diligence + make Saints sweat the compensation thing. But the time is nigh to **** or get off the pot, we could blow it and end up with no-one interested

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am hoping this is just a due diligence + make Saints sweat the compensation thing. But the time is nigh to **** or get off the pot, we could blow it and end up with no-one interested

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'll give any coordinator not named Vance Joseph a shot, but I'd really prefer someone who has had some head coaching success.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
Who aren't the cards interviewing. Any and everyone. Make a decision.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Begs to be answered - If the most recent candidates are legit, then why spend so much time chasing Payton?

Possible answer - They want to position Payton in the middle of a whole bunch of candidates and separate him from a Payton vs. Nobody p****ng contest.

From a fan’s standpoint the whole process is frustrating and resembles a giant “clown car” that makes MB and his staff look like they don’t know what they’re doing.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Begs to be answered - If the most recent candidates are legit, then why spend so much time chasing Payton?

Possible answer - They want to position Payton in the middle of a whole bunch of candidates and separate him from a Payton vs. Nobody p****ng contest.

From a fan’s standpoint the whole process is frustrating and resembles a giant “clown car” that makes MB and his staff look like they don’t know what they’re doing.
First off what do you mean spending so much time on Payton? - all that is public is they spent one day interviewing him, and they did the same with other candidates.

Second off, he is clearly the most experienced and has the best resume of the available candidates - however the cost to obtain him is clearly the highest - therefore it must be determined if the cost is worth it - that may take longer than other candidates because negotiating those costs is a time sink that does not exist with the other candidates.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Disagree. If they are not happy with the candidates they have interviewed, keep interviewing. This is what anyone doing interviews for a job does.

Putting an artificial deadline on it means you have not explored all options.
It's not necessarily an "artificial deadline." The East-West Shrine game is Thursday. The Senior Bowl is Saturday. You'd prefer to have your coaching staff there to get a first look at prospects. We'll have our scouts there putting together generic reports hoping at some point they'll know what kind of players they're shopping for.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Cardinals have cast their net so far and wide that by the time they pull their empty net back in all of the big fish will have been caught by someone else or swam away.

Of all the fish in the Bow river in Canada, my wife caught this one..

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not necessarily an "artificial deadline." The East-West Shrine game is Thursday. The Senior Bowl is Saturday. You'd prefer to have your coaching staff there to get a first look at prospects. We'll have our scouts there putting together generic reports hoping at some point they'll know what kind of players they're shopping for.
I would think that it's more important for the GM and scouts to be there.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose