Snakester…Harry… HELP!

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I believe if it wasn’t going to be Payton something would have been reported.
Agree. I just can’t see Payton hanging the Cards on a string for 3-4 days after initial meeting without one word that it’s a go, or he has decided against. Too much silence to me something has already beee agreed upon. How foolish would it look for MB to sit around for 4-5 days knowing Payton wasn’t coming and take the chance Flores is still there, or MB knows he has VJ in his pocket which is the worst case scenario

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pretty sure Payton would secure a position for Fangio in his discussions.
But if VJ stays on i aint real concerned. The dynamic will be totally different.
VJ was hired as DC because we wanted a guy with HC experience to help kk adjust to the nfl... due to that, imo, there was basically zero oversight on the defense. Kliff ran the offense and let Vance run the defense.
That wont be the case with Sean Payton as HC... if he doesnt like what Vance is running, it will change.

That being said. Mike seems to like VJ so even if we hire Fangio i could see Vance staying on as a defensive assistant, just to keep him active until the next round of coaching hires next january.
I like a lot of these words.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I feel a little bad for VJ. I could reasonably see him getting another head coaching role in the future, but fan perception right now would just be... awful.

Honestly, if Mike had wanted to even consider this a possibility, Kliff should have been fired, and VJ should have been named the interim HC. Fans would be more amenable to the concept if he had been put in after the bye and went like, 3-2 or 4-1.

As of right now, the perception would be that everyone in the NFL landscape turned us down.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I feel a little bad for VJ. I could reasonably see him getting another head coaching role in the future, but fan perception right now would just be... awful.

Honestly, if Mike had wanted to even consider this a possibility, Kliff should have been fired, and VJ should have been named the interim HC. Fans would be more amenable to the concept if he had been put in after the bye and went like, 3-2 or 4-1.

As of right now, the perception would be that everyone in the NFL landscape turned us down.
I think that might have happened before all the late season injuries.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. I just can’t see Payton hanging the Cards on a string for 3-4 days after initial meeting without one word that it’s a go, or he has decided against. Too much silence to me something has already beee agreed upon. How foolish would it look for MB to sit around for 4-5 days knowing Payton wasn’t coming and take the chance Flores is still there, or MB knows he has VJ in his pocket which is the worst case scenario
Payton will announce tomorrow how excited he is to return to Fox

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It seems they are leaning on bringing in outside guys at this point. I like VJ, but I really do not see that happening. I think if you want to excite AZ, you bring in Payton. That would make the Cards the hottest game in town.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The worst thing, if they'd hire VJ, is he'd probably keep much of the same defensive staff. So, we'd basically have the same personnel and staff that led the Cards to their lofty 2022 prowess. Maybe we'll get REALLY lucky and Bill Davis with get named DC.

What a nightmare that would be.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The worst thing, if they'd hire VJ, is he'd probably keep much of the same defensive staff. So, we'd basically have the same personnel and staff that led the Cards to their lofty 2022 prowess. Maybe we'll get REALLY lucky and Bill Davis with get named DC.

What a nightmare that would be.
If that were to play out, there might be 20K fans in the stand & we’ll continue to lose every home game. And Michael would go down in history as an even worse owner than his father. And that’s saying a LOT.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
If that were to play out, there might be 20K fans in the stand & we’ll continue to lose every home game. And Michael would go down in history as an even worse owner than his father. And that’s saying a LOT.
I've said it a few times and it bears repeating if VJ is the next coach I'm done watching this team

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler not playing and VJ as a coach would make any halfway engaged fan lose his frikken mind.

Since Monti has outside perspective he should have a conversation that starts with.. "Mr B, you can't do this, you just can't"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose