Waiting to trade Crowder

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see all the TV shows tomorrow talking about Rui is the missing piece to a lakers championship run.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They gave up too much IMO.
Two of the pick are 2nd rounds picks 5 years from now and one of those is a swap. The 3rd is the Bulls 2nd round pick this year they got in Caruso sign and trade. They were only giving up one of their picks. He automatically become their best 3 point shooter.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two of the pick are 2nd rounds picks 5 years from now and one of those is a swap. The 3rd is the Bulls 2nd round pick this year they got in Caruso sign and trade. They were only giving up one of their picks. He automatically become their best 3 point shooter.
Which isn't saying much.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They gave up too much IMO.
Rui is a bit like TJ Warren was for us, basically undependable, between injuries and mysterious personal time off. He's also, frequently, an indifferent defender, isn't much of a team player on either end of the court. All that said, I think it's a fair price for him and could end up helping the Lakers especially if AD returns and stays healthy.

He's still young enough that he could take another step up the improvement ladder but gives them a real threat from 3 even if he's reached his ceiling. But then again, I don't think much of second round picks. If you want one bad enough you can almost always buy one so getting him for Nunn and throway picks is an okay trade IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see much downside for the Lakers. if they like Rui Hachimura they can keep him as a restricted free agent. If not, they can let him walk.

I don't follow the Lakers much but it looks like he could be a rotation player or starter for them. That's a lot more value than most second round picks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't see much downside for the Lakers. if they like Rui Hachimura they can keep him as a restricted free agent. If not, they can let him walk.

I don't follow the Lakers much but it looks like he could be a rotation player or starter for them. That's a lot more value than most second round picks.
He’s a below average nba player statistically. if he is a starter for you, you are doing something wrong.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heard today that the suns were involved with the trade as a multiple team trade but it fell through. I’m not sure who they were targeting.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rui is a bit like TJ Warren was for us, basically undependable, between injuries and mysterious personal time off. He's also, frequently, an indifferent defender, isn't much of a team player on either end of the court. All that said, I think it's a fair price for him and could end up helping the Lakers especially if AD returns and stays healthy.

He's still young enough that he could take another step up the improvement ladder but gives them a real threat from 3 even if he's reached his ceiling. But then again, I don't think much of second round picks. If you want one bad enough you can almost always buy one so getting him for Nunn and throway picks is an okay trade IMO.
I don't put much stock in them either but 3? Yeah...still no. There are always deals to be had and I think they could have done better or put together a different combo pick/player deal to do better possibly later. He isn't doing anything for them this season in terms of putting them over the top.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't put much stock in them either but 3? Yeah...still no. There are always deals to be had and I think they could have done better or put together a different combo pick/player deal to do better possibly later. He isn't doing anything for them this season in terms of putting them over the top.
I didn't want Rui for Crowder and believed we needed more value for Jae (and still believe it). But for second round picks? I'd have given up every second round pick for the next century (had it been legal) to get a player that has both present value and untapped potential.

Do I think Rui will become a real asset? Probably not. But a second round pick from a playoff hopeful team is almost worthless IMO, stack them as high as you'd like and they're still almost worthless. Their only real value is to toss them in trades so the recieving teams fans can pretend they got something in return.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't want Rui for Crowder and believed we needed more value for Jae (and still believe it). But for second round picks? I'd have given up every second round pick for the next century (had it been legal) to get a player that has both present value and untapped potential.

Do I think Rui will become a real asset? Probably not. But a second round pick is almost worthless IMO, stack them as high as you'd like and they're still almost worthless. Their only real value is to toss them in trades so the recieving teams fans can pretend they got something in return.
Some teams seem to stockpile picks to enable more trade scenarios. That's about the only value of those but they seem to come in handy approaching trade deadlines. What is weird is that LeBron has made it clear he wants to win this year and the team to make moves and LA parts with 3 future 2nds for a guy who isn't going to put them over the top. LeBron can't be happy so far but the deadline isn't over.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some teams seem to stockpile picks to enable more trade scenarios. That's about the only value of those but they seem to come in handy approaching trade deadlines. What is weird is that LeBron has made it clear he wants to win this year and the team to make moves and LA parts with 3 future 2nds for a guy who isn't going to put them over the top. LeBron can't be happy so far but the deadline isn't over.
I agree that it's not likely to satisfy Lebron and Rui isn't a difference maker but if that team gets AD back, Rui gives them added length and an outside shooter that should help them enough to move them above the borderline playoff teams. Most likely though, AD will break, tear, twist or shatter some part of his body and this will end up looking like a waste of 3 draft picks but that's what the late round 2nd rounders are made for.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that it's not likely to satisfy Lebron and Rui isn't a difference maker but if that team gets AD back, Rui gives them added length and an outside shooter that should help them enough to move them above the borderline playoff teams. Most likely though, AD will break, tear, twist or shatter some part of his body and this will end up looking like a waste of 3 draft picks but that's what the late round 2nd rounders are made for.
That seems like a "when" and not an "if" as usual. :lmao:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakers secound round picks are not late anymore........................
AFAIC anything past the first 5 or so second rounders are too late to have much value so right now, yeah they aren't too far out of prime position. But they likely won't be there when the draft comes around.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't buy it. I mean, teams do ask for the world as a starting point and that is likely where this came from. There is no way the Suns think they can get a 1st rounder plus one of those other options as well. No way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose