Cardinals Head Coaching Candidates 2023

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Ryan's can't interview again until next Monday earliest.

With Payton not interviewing until Thursday maybe they wait a few more for Ryan's too.
Maybe, but I think Payton coming to AZ after his 2nd interview with Denver is basically Mike telling him to set his market and come to us last, because we're not letting you out of the building.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe, but I think Payton coming to AZ after his 2nd interview with Denver is basically Mike telling him to set his market and come to us last, because we're not letting you out of the building.

I don't think Mike is in the driving seat. Payton will go where he wants to go. He likely has his pick.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can even throw in John Harbaugh, who was a Special Teams guy. Baltimore hired him because of his ability to adapt and look at everything objectively.

Yeah he was in my 3. BB, Tomlin and Harbaugh.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can even throw in John Harbaugh, who was a Special Teams guy. Baltimore hired him because of his ability to adapt and look at everything objectively.
Really? By what metric?

To me Andy Reid is without question no less than number 2.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In a “what have you done for me lately” league, Tomlin nor Harbaugh are not top 3 HCs. I don’t think it’s even close.

Actually fairly comfortably taking Reid, McVay, & Shanahan over those two. Would take Pederson, Vrabel, & even ole Zac Taylor if he keeps it up.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He been there 5 minutes compared to the others and still only won 1 SB despite having the best QB in the league.

He's great, no doubt, but not 2.
5 minutes? He has 20 years of success minimum.

SB wins is not the end all be all of judging a coach.

You really believe BB would have even 4 SB wins without Brady? I think he would be damn lucky to have 2.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
DeMarco DeShmarco, not happening imo

And if Monti essentially trades Will Anderson to the New Orleans Saints for Sean Payton... that's more than ballsy, that's some double flip skyrise to skyrise hardcore parkour right there

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Read the whole article:

"It wasn’t known whether Ryans completely cancelled the interviews or simply postponed or rescheduled them, as the 49ers will be preparing the meet the Eagles next weekend in the NFC Championship Game."

Everyone knows he cancelled on Saturday, but nobody knows if he's rescheduling. To say he's "officially a no go" is premature, until something like that is confirmed. Just over the weekend everyone thought Payton was a no go, too, but look what happened today.
I would guess he is rescheduling but we will see.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The top 3 coaches in the league are none offensive coaches.
Sometimes I wonder how you come up with some of your takes. (edited to be kinder)

1 - The utter disrespect to Andy Reid is appalling. 9 wins and 4 losses in the playoff since 2017. 6 seasons and 6 playoff appearances. One title and two Super Bowl appearances.

2 - Shanahan since he has been a HC (2017) is 6-2 in his 3 playoff appearances. Tomlin is 0-3 in that span and Harbaugh is 1-5. He has done it with Jimmy G and Brock Purdy. One Super Bowl appearance.

3 - Sean McVay is 7-3 in the playoff since 2017 and has gone to two Super Bowls and won one. Has made the playoffs 4 of those 6 seasons.

4 - Belichick is 5-3 in the playoffs since 2017 and has also done to two Super Bowls and won one. Also 4 appearances in those 6 seasons.

I don't know what order you go with in regards to these four but 3 of these 4 are coaches with offensive backgrounds. Tomlin and Hargaugh are very good but not in this class.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose