Cardinals Hire Titans' Monti Ossenfort as New GM

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's hilarious that people are blaming everyone and everything besides this franchise's long history of ineptitude for the Cunningham rumor. Contrary to popular opinion, it ain't all Kyler's fault that this team has the longest championship drought in all of sports.
Most people are blaming both.
Cards AND Cunningham
It's not a binary situation. Both could be ass if the report is true.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hilarious that people are blaming everyone and everything besides this franchise's long history of ineptitude for the Cunningham rumor. Contrary to popular opinion, it ain't all Kyler's fault that this team has the longest championship drought in all of sports.
Agreed… especially because multiple people who are doing so now were touting his bonafides last week when his name surfaced.

Also, the fact that Vance Joseph in any way shape or form is even a candidate for the HC position is an embarrassment for this team.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If you were looking for a job would you jeopardize your reputation by falsely stating someone offered you a job? Knowing the Cardinal camp could come out and refute your claim? And would most teams be that Tom Petty?
Dude... stop slandering Tom Petty.
Give it up. Stop.
Dont come around here no more.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Cunningham is currently employed by the Bears who have been a dumpster fire for the last ten years. Hard to see how he is comfortable working there but not interested in working for the Cardinals?
It could very well be that the Titans made him think, for some reason, he was their #1 choice and AZ was still going through the process, so he put all his eggs in the Titans basket.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Very happy with Monti pending the team's HC decision. If we hire VJ I'm buying a one-way ticket to Thailand and learning to like soccer. :(

Soccer?

You'll likely learn to appreciate Thai boxing and love their prostitutes.

One offers kicks in the nuts; the other soothes the pain. ;)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lol any GM wannabe worth anything would see it as the perfect opportunity to thrive. Low expectations, high tollerance for mediocrity. Any GM that thinks they have any ability would believe they can turn it around. The risk/reward ratio is very much in favor of reward.

This completely unsubstantiated rumor is really bringing out those that just want to hate on the Org. I'm sure there is a section of fans that support the Cards as a form of sadomasicism or as an excuse to rage online.

Most people hadn't heard of Ian Cunningham last week and now they be like "He turned us down because were are a trash org" as if he's the Bill Belichick of GM's.

Maybe he's just a raging idiot?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agreed… especially because multiple people who are doing so now were touting his bonafides last week when his name surfaced.
I like his bonafides but also can see a where the "unnamed sources" state that he turned down the Cardinals job, are being fed that information from Cunningham because he got neither job and didn't get a second interview with the Cardinals. The Cardinals have been ass, but Cunningham might have sour grapes as well. Both statements can be true.
Also, the fact that Vance Joseph in any way shape or form is even a candidate for the HC position is an embarrassment for this team.
Agreed. That goes to show you how clueless Michael is. I know that even though I was intrigued by the Kingsbury hire, I cringed when he publicly talked about reaching out to Ernie Accorsi to help find a candidate. Michael has been around long enough to know and he should also have that expertise from his GM.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. That goes to show you how clueless Michael is. I know that even though I was intrigued by the Kingsbury hire, I cringed when he publicly talked about reaching out to Ernie Accorsi to help find a candidate. Michael has been around long enough to know and he should also have that expertise from his GM.

He's liked in the Org. He's liked by players. It does no harm to interview him as both a courtesy and to gather his opinions on what went wrong.

It stops any players in the Org thinking they did him dirty by not even interviewing him. The only downside is moaning fans, otherwise it's all gravy for Mike.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
If Cunningham didn’t want to join the Kyler circus he wouldn’t have taken the interview.

And Justin Fields…that’s a good one.
Kyler may be the least likeable player in the entire league.He has his own teammates leaking out to the media that he is a "monster".

He screams at his coach like a petulant little boy and cant perform the basic tasks of the position such as taking snaps from center and throwing the ball down the middle of the field.

He put up one of the WORST efforts in the only playoff game he's ever been in, maybe the ugliest game for a cardinals starting QB, and that is saying a lot.

Guy is a bum, and yes unfortunately Fields has way more upside than him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler may be the least likeable player in the entire league.He has his own teammates leaking out to the media that he is a "monster".

He screams at his coach like a petulant little boy and cant perform the basic tasks of the position such as taking snaps from center and throwing the ball down the middle of the field.

He put up one of the WORST efforts in the only playoff game he's ever been in, maybe the ugliest game for a cardinals starting QB, and that is saying a lot.

Guy is a bum, and yes unfortunately Fields has way more upside than him.
I’m no huge Kyler fan. But calling him a bum is a bit much I’d say. He’s shown way more positive flashes than Fields has with equal playing time in their first two years.

We are stuck with him based on this contract and I sure as hell hope a new coach/staff can get him on track. This franchise needs it and us fans deserve it.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
I’m no huge Kyler fan. But calling him a bum is a bit much I’d say. He’s shown way more positive flashes than Fields has with equal playing time in their first two years.

We are stuck with him based on this contract and I sure as hell hope a new coach/staff can get him on track. This franchise needs it and us fans deserve it.
Well again-- its just my opinion..But here is what we know--

Kyler has one attribute--his elusiveness and now with the injury we are most likely looking at that talent diminishing

Some of his teammates do not like him including probably the best player on the team DHop

He cannot play the position from center, a basic variable of the position. Like a baseball player not being able to catch.

His insubordination towards his old coach..... so is character is flawed.

His failure to lead the team. The constant pout face on the sideline after a turnover.

His offensive numbers his last 20 games played are nothing more than pedestrian.

He has sharply regressed since teams figured out to just blitz him.

He is afraid to get hit. He will never stay in the pocket and take the hit in order to send a missile downfield. He constantly slides 1-2 yards short of the 1st down.

I hope the kid proves me wrong but right now you cannot say anything about kyler murray other than is a bum.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose