Things have changed.
Reaction score

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh, there's a difference between vocal leaders and guys who are supposed to be leaders throwing temper tantrums on the field or on the sidelines. I think there's a reason you put leader in quotation marks.
That’s what I added “for better or worse”.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Davis' results as a DC were remarkably consistent!

(year, team, rank, yards/points allowed):

2005 SF 32/30
2006 SF 26/32
2009 ARI 20/14
2010 ARI 32/29
2013 PHI 29/17
2014 PHI 28/22
2015 PHI 30/28

...dave
Why on Earth did the Eagles make him DC? He failed twice before...lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember when John DeFilippo was a hot name for HC?

You must be registered for see images attach

Yup I brought him up the other day. ans have a strong tendency to want the "offensive mind" guy from whatever team is good at the moment. DeFillipo is in the USFL now.

I remember in 2018 when fans really wanted him as HC here.

A lot of these inexperienced OC's might be great at drawing up plays or calling games. Leading a team of 90 or 53 guys and managing is vastly different.

And some of that applies to Flores too. You can go too far and try to do too much, which I think is fair based on him time in Miami. Got to trust he's learned from that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Frank Reich would be a very Cardinals type hire.

Already worked here so knows the club and the ownership and a lot of the people. Recently fired but with a decent track record. Wouldn't cost he earth either. He was getting paid $9m per by the Colts but Mike could pay him $5-6m and say that's what he was paying Kliff and it's a fair going rate while Reich pockets the difference until until 2027.

I'd be fine with Reich. I think he's a good coach who got dealt a crappy hand by his GM with a string of failed QB's. Been in the league a long time and has a bunch of connections to put a staff together.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Frank Reich would be a very Cardinals type hire.

Already worked here so knows the club and the ownership and a lot of the people. Recently fired but with a decent track record. Wouldn't cost he earth either. He was getting paid $9m per by the Colts but Mike could pay him $5-6m and say that's what he was paying Kliff and it's a fair going rate while Reich pockets the difference until until 2027.

I'd be fine with Reich. I think he's a good coach who got dealt a crappy hand by his GM with a string of failed QB's. Been in the league a long time and has a bunch of connections to put a staff together.
I'd be fine with Reich also. He would bring an element of toughness that was non-existent under Kliff. And I feel comfortable that he would build better lines on both sides of the ball.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Yes, but in this world we have to play the game.

Sounds like he is well resected by the team/organization, so he has earned it.

Interesting thought - haven't heard him mentioned for any other HC job. Does that mean he isn't considered to be at that level or does that mean he is getting the job here?

Really hope we don't hire him for HC or keep him as DC for that matter.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like he is well resected by the team/organization, so he has earned it.

Interesting thought - haven't heard him mentioned for any other HC job. Does that mean he isn't considered to be at that level or does that mean he is getting the job here?

Really hope we don't hire him for HC or keep him as DC for that matter.
You can never totally trust a Bidwill, but whatever goodwill that MB created by properly disposing of KK/SK and bringing in an outside GM would be forever inviscerated by hiring VJ for any position. Cleaning house means exactly that. You remove EVERY vestige.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Reich wouldn’t be my choice. I saw nothing creative or unique in his offense. He is very ordinary.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That’s what I added “for better or worse”.
Kyler isnt much of a leader, but we'll find out this season if the temper tantrums were more of a result of the lack of structure. Bowles/Leftwhich had Brady throwing more temper tantrums than normal.
It won't be Vance. You don't bring in an outside GM for a culture change then keep on a bunch of guys that were part of the old culture.

Get this over with & move on. It's time to remove every coaching vestige still remaining from the Kingsbury failed regime.
Just strategic.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reich wouldn’t be my choice. I saw nothing creative or unique in his offense. He is very ordinary.

Why do offenses have to be unique or creative?

What was creative or unique about any of the Pats superbowl winning offenses? Or the Eagles superbowl winning offense? Or, about 29 of the 32 offenses in the league.

We have to get away from this idea that you need a Shannahan, McVay, McDaniels type offensive mind. That what led them down the path with Kingsbury.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler isnt much of a leader, but we'll find out this season if the temper tantrums were more of a result of the lack of structure. Bowles/Leftwhich had Brady throwing more temper tantrums than normal.

Just strategic.

He could get that intel anyway. Vance is still employed by the Cards until he isn't.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
i
He could get that intel anyway. Vance is still employed by the Cards until he isn't.
Difference between giving info when you're a lame duck and giving info about the roster's issues when you *think* you have a legit shot at being promoted to a better job.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Just strategic.
Maybe he'll get answers on what the hell happened and who's to blame.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cardinals could desperately use some ordinary.

There's only one guy in the league doing anything particularly unique and that's Shanny.

Much of what Andy Reid or McVay does isn't unique or particularly creative. It's just done well.

Give me an "ordinary" well coached offense where everyone does their job any day of the week.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose