Vance Joseph - likely head coach (?)

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
For anyone seriously considering VJ as a HC or DC the following has to be of concern:

a) Second worst Defense in the NFL in terms of PPG this year
b) One of the most penalized teams in the NFL
c) Highest completion percentage in the NFL by opposing QB's
d) Lethargic pass rush
e) Inability to develop young players leaving us with journeyman in key positions
f) Defense folding at critical times

VJ is a good dude. He is a professional. But this is a performance based league and VJ has not delivered.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For anyone seriously considering VJ as a HC or DC the following has to be of concern:

a) Second worst Defense in the NFL in terms of PPG this year
b) One of the most penalized teams in the NFL
c) Highest completion percentage in the NFL by opposing QB's
d) Lethargic pass rush
e) Inability to develop young players leaving us with journeyman in key positions
f) Defense folding at critical times

VJ is a good dude. He is a professional. But this is a performance based league and VJ has not delivered.

We are the Cardinals..don't bring stats into conversation

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Again, I don't put much stock in the residents of the insane asylum. Not to mention the staff and FO by the recent performance have not been good judgement of who commands respect and can run this team. Not sure why you think that would change for Vance?!?! Again, 31st worst defense.....yep...screams.....respect.

You could very well be right. The Cards HQ is an insane asylum, and Vance is the favourite Doctor because he strolls through the corridors with a bowl full of happy pills; ask, and you shall receive. Or, perhaps, there is context available to those who can observe and assess and don't share your jaundiced view.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could very well be right. The Cards HQ is an insane asylum, and Vance is the favourite Doctor because he strolls through the corridors with a bowl full of happy pills; ask, and you shall receive. Or, perhaps, there is context available to those who can observe and assess and don't share your jaundiced view.
Performance and track record is the very definition of context. Bring in fresh minds and wanting a fresh start based on track record is hardly jaundiced. LOL.

Reactions: PJ1

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Joseph was 11-21 as coach of the Broncos.

Their rosters were straight trash, to be fair.

LA Redbird

All Star
Reaction score
There is zero appeal to this role to any top tier coach. The roster is shot to hell and it's still under Bidwill. We won't even be in the legitimate running for a top tier candidate until 25. I'd suggest everyone just bite that bullet and hope we actually build out our roster successfully through the draft until then and that we can be moderately entertained and endeared to that roster as it develops enough to become attractive to a top candidate. Joseph may well be the very best we can expect.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Performance and track record is the very definition of context. Bring in fresh minds and wanting a fresh start based on track record is hardly jaundiced. LOL.

A correlation doesn’t imply causation. As it has been pointed out, Vance had only one of his starters available for the full season. In every game, he mixed and matched as best he could, and it was my impression that they played hard for him for the most part.

Nota bene: I'm certainly not opposed to another choice at H-C, etc.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dad, you do know that Madden is fictional, right?

Drew Brees is not. He's a former NFL QB with a Hall of Fame pedigree who spent most of his career with Payton and is now a part-time coach at Purdue.
Drew Brees would also command a hefty price because he is Drew Brees.

He also has little to no legit coaching experience my son.

Hiring someone because of their player credentials is a Bidwill/Keim move that I am not surprised you are pushing.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A correlation doesn’t imply causation. As it has been pointed out, Vance had only one of his starters available for the full season. In every game, he mixed and matched as best he could, and it was my impression that they played hard for him for the most part.

My son I would love for you to run the Cardinals because they would have the no.1 pick every year

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh...I am not saying it's all his fault by a long shot because it wasn't.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Drew Brees would also command a hefty price because he is Drew Brees.

He also has little to no legit coaching experience my son.

Hiring someone because of their player credentials is a Bidwill/Keim move that I am not surprised you are pushing.

It's Bidwill football administration money to spend as Mike sees fit, and it doesn't come off the Cap.

I'm trying to imagine how little Drew may know about the QB position and his lack of ability to transfer this knowledge.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's Bidwill football administration money to spend as Mike sees fit, and it doesn't come off the Cap.

I'm trying to imagine how little Drew may know about the QB position and his lack of ability to transfer this knowledge.
My son we have already seen his communication skills are lacking from his complete failure as commentator.

Different but a relevant skill.

He would be a good coach on Madden though my son so I agree with you there.

SteveKeimFan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Thanks, Dad. Like Mom says, it is an absolute mystery how your father's dumb DNA pool could produce someone as smart as you.
My son, you really needed that much time to come up with a insult like that to edit in? I have failed as a father.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My son we have already seen his communication skills are lacking from his complete failure as commentator.

Different but a relevant skill.

He would be a good coach on Madden though my son so I agree with you there.

As if his commentating skills had anything to do with the specialized nature of the communication between coach and QB.