Vance Joseph - likely head coach (?)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The obvious issue with a new coach and GM is Mike is doing the choosing.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals will go backwards with this hire. He couldn’t get it done in a Denver and Mahomes lit his ass up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't put much stock in opinions from the cheap seats, either.

There is nothing that I've seen from Vance that suggests he is a shrinking violet or pushover.
Not saying that. Players ultimately have to buy into what you are selling. That's why coaches lose teams. No way this team is going to except a complete culture shift from someone on this staff. Not going to happen.

You must be registered for see images attach

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't see how you fix Kyler Murray with Vance Joseph.

Doesn't make any sense to me.
100%. VJ won’t fix Murray because he’s a defensive coach and the chances of us bringing in an OC that has the track record to keep his thumb on Murray isn’t likely. A guy like Payton needs to be the guy to see if Murray is fixable. If he can’t then its on KM. It’s time to find out.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
100%. VJ won’t fix Murray because he’s a defensive coach and the chances of us bringing in an OC that has the track record to keep his thumb on Murray isn’t likely. A guy like Payton needs to be the guy to see if Murray is fixable. If he can’t then its on KM. It’s time to find out.
If McVay retires, I'm looking at these 2 guys from the Rams to come in and help Murray: Greg Olson (https://www.therams.com/team/coaches-roster/greg-olson) or Zac Robinson (https://www.therams.com/team/coaches-roster/zac-robinson). I also think Olson would be a possible OC candidate for either Vance or Harbaugh. He has a very long history of getting the most out of middling (Blake Bortles) QBs.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not saying that. Players ultimately have to buy into what you are selling. That's why coaches lose teams. No way this team is going to except a complete culture shift from someone on this staff. Not going to happen.

You must be registered for see images attach

Culture, culture, culture.

I don't doubt that new voices are needed, but is it as bad as all that?

I was struck that a team heavily depleted, particularly in the latter half of the season, continued to play hard. The offence and Defence had each one of its projected day-one starters play the entire season.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

I was struck that a team heavily depleted, particularly in the latter half of the season, continued to play hard. The offence had one of its projected day-one starters play the entire season, and I think the defence had two or three.
Jalen Thompson was the only defender to start every game. The team had just 2 total...and Thompson play hurt.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Hire Drew Brees as QB coach, and you get Payton at a fraction of the cost. ;)

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I was struck that a team heavily depleted, particularly in the latter half of the season, continued to play hard. The offence had one of its projected day-one starters play the entire season, and I think the defence had two or three.
Two collapses the previous two seasons, highest penalized team this year with the wheels falling off. Is there any doubt?!? If that isn't the poster child case for a new culture, I don't know what is. I know very few winning franchises that wouldn't clean house in that circumstance. That aside from the fact you want to sell a dude with the 31st Defense as your head coach. None of that says...you will respect me.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wolfley is sure pushing this idea on the radio right now. Plus he keeps saying on how changing the offense and the terminology will hinder KM's recovery and progression. UGH

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lots of talk about Joseph being seriously considered. MB will be feeling pressure on this one. Starting to believe it may happen. Would be a huge mistake in my opinion.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Wolfley is sure pushing this idea on the radio right now. Plus he keeps saying on how changing the offense and the terminology will hinder KM's recovery and progression. UGH
Well, he's got 9-12 months to sit back and watch and learn. He'll be fine. Murray is not a dummy meathead QB.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two collapses the previous two seasons, highest penalized team this year with the wheels falling off. Is there any doubt?!? If that isn't the poster child case for a new culture, I don't know what is. I know very few winning franchises that wouldn't clean house in that circumstance. That aside from the fact you want to sell a dude with the 31st Defense as your head coach. None of that says...you will respect me.

Venture a bet that players in the dressing room and staff have a better idea of how much respect Vance has garnered or not.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dear God noooooooo please noooo Vance kliff 2.0

Cards need totally new blood at hc with new motivation and schemes

Please Bidwill if u read this ever nooooooo Vance lol

Goooo cards

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Venture a bet that players in the dressing room and staff have a better idea of how much respect Vance has garnered or not.
Again, I don't put much stock in the residents of the insane asylum. Not to mention the staff and FO by the recent performance have not been good judgement of who commands respect and can run this team. Not sure why you think that would change for Vance?!?! Again, 31st worst defense.....yep...screams.....respect.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose