Who's your candidate to take over as GM?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So a losing record in the first half & a losing record in the second half. That's a hug stretch to call a collapse. 2 game difference. I'm okay with Keim being gone but not KK.
They won 3 times as many games in the first half. 1-8 to finish the season. There’s no defense. Kliff has lost consistently - literally 100% - on the backside of every season he has EVER coached. No outliers. No exceptions to the rule. EVERY SINGLE SEASON.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Early on I recommended Mike Borgonzi on this board. The way the personnel on-board sets up, this team needs to make the offense work. He has the best shot at doing that. Certainly there are defensive personnel concerns as well, but the dollars are committed on the offense and it has to carry this team.

Mike Borgonzi is at the top of everyone's GM wish list. I don't see him quitting the Chiefs to come to Arizona. He's going to stay where he is until a primo franchise becomes open.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Mike Borgonzi is at the top of everyone's GM wish list. I don't see him quitting the Chiefs to come to Arizona. He's going to stay where he is until a primo franchise becomes open.
Money!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Hiring a top notch GM like Borgonzi, etc probably creates the space for that person to hire a non-big name HC rather than a Payton or Harbaugh

probably cheaper overall for Mike than the other way

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Hiring a top notch GM like Borgonzi, etc probably creates the space for that person to hire a non-big name HC rather than a Payton or Harbaugh

probably cheaper overall for Mike than the other way
I think that's a given. He's just given $30 million to Kliff, to go away...Don't know how much Keim got, but GM's aren't usually in the $5 million+ territory.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
They have to accept them though
I think they can only be denied while they are still in the playoffs, unless the request is for lateral position. If it's for a promotion I don't think they can be held back. I know it's how it works for head coach requests...I'm just guessing it's the same for GM too.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ran is Af American

draft pick comp is encouraging enough --

but the league office coming down hard on them would happen if they declined

I think they can only be denied while they are still in the playoffs, unless the request is for lateral position. If it's for a promotion I don't think they can be held back. I know it's how it works for head coach requests...I'm just guessing it's the same for GM too.

Not the Orgs. The guys themselves.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
So interview the guy that flopped on Tribusky and Fields? Sounds awesome.
He's AGM, not GM. He didn't call the shots. No idea what his input was, to move from Mitch to Justin. He was part of the brain trust to move from Wentz/Foles to Hurts, though. Again, no idea what his input was.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They won 3 times as many games in the first half. 1-8 to finish the season. There’s no defense. Kliff has lost consistently - literally 100% - on the backside of every season he has EVER coached. No outliers. No exceptions to the rule. EVERY SINGLE SEASON.
*At multiple coaching stops in college as well (as others might forget)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA