A Second Sean Available Soon? (McVay)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He just signed an extension in September, running through 2026. If we are to believe Kliff won't walk away from all that money, because nobody walks away from all that money, then why believe McVay would bounce?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No thanks.

He'd have to have massive brain damage to have a front row seat of this mess for years and take sloppy seconds after Kliff.

But if his brain is actually in tact, then sure I would definitely take him in his lapse of judgment.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Unfortunately this could be an attractive place for Sean Payton given his desire to be in LA.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
He inherited a rich team that JF could not coach. He does not have that here,

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He just signed an extension in September, running through 2026. If we are to believe Kliff won't walk away from all that money, because nobody walks away from all that money, then why believe McVay would bounce?
Because McVay would be able to get as much from Google to host their NFL coverage. Maybe more.

And he’s get more time with his hot wife.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Cardinals currently have 19 players on injured reserve including 3 starting OL and people here still say that injuries don't excuse this team not making the playoffs.
Injuries were a legit reason for our failure (see the Rams too), but we also have deep seated issues that need to be fixed. Unfortunately it looks like we will continue to have those problems because M.B still owns the team. The biggest failure of all.

Last edited:

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
...ignoring how badly we sucked well before we had 19 players on injured reserve.

I know this sentiment in general is tossed around.

Does Hudson count as an injury? Hopkins suspension doesn't, but that absolutely affected our first 6 games. Either way, 2 curve balls not helpful on key impactful positions, possibly the most on offense other than QB. Undeniable negative impact.

Well, the Lions started 1-6, Packers 4-8, and Jags 3-7, they also absolutely sucked and now vying for playoff contention in week 18 with at least one and probably two getting in. They stayed pretty healthy. While of course our main issues were and still currently not injuries, it absolutely obliterated any chance of coming back. The Lions AND Jaguars mind you, as it bears repeating. Maybe another for good measure? The freaking Lions and Jaguars. Unbelievable, but happy for their fanbases.

Off topic-ish, I still think there was something with Kyler from the very beginning of the season, injury related or not. How could we have like the fewest deep balls in existence. Didn't even try. Why? Out of all the things that is the strangest to me this season.

I know the 2 high safety, sure, but every team dealt with that. But just the lack of anything downfield is just mind boggling. That can't be an accident, can it?

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...ignoring how badly we sucked well before we had 19 players on injured reserve.
So true. Many here ( and maybe most) were seeing rainbows at the beginning season with 9,10 and even 11 wins and a playoff.
I thought 6 and at most 7 wins. And it’s going to take a plethora of moves that hit the target to get to 6-7 wins next year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of post about injuries. When you look at todays game it’s clear there is no incentive to play when there is nothing to play for.
Many “ injured” player are not playing is an indication of a business decision both personal and the organization.
Doesn’t change the fact that this team has sucked since the end of last year.

Reactions: PJ1

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The only caveat is the OL was pretty much decimated from the beginning, with crappy depth and backups...and backups to backups. All the other injuries just piled on after that.