MNF: Damar Hamlin

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I bet part of it is the ex-NFL player vs never played aspect. Seeing that hit, and what it did (and many hits like that a game) and the randomness of the exact timing to do what it did, has shaken many NFL and former players in a way we can't imagine.
Absolutely.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't see any way that the NFL will let them postpone the Bills/Patriots too.

If the BILLS players say collectively that they are emotionally unprepared to play this weekend, what can the League do?

Any sanction other than forfeiture will be an enormous PR black eye. (IMO)

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the BILL players say collectively that they are emotionally unprepared to play this weekend, what can the League do?

Then it likely goes to Arbitration which even further delays the season. One thing is for certain is that they aren't going to delay the SB.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If the BILLS players say collectively that they are emotionally unprepared to play this weekend, what can the League do?

There's no wiggle room with this game. If they are emotionally unprepared, and can't go, they will have to forfeit. The game has playoff ramifications, as in who makes it and who doesn't, so they can't wash the game like they're thinking of washing the other game.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I know nothing about his condition but there are worse things than Damar dying. With no blood to his brain/heart and all, no telling what the ramifications could be not only immediately, but down the line. There is just no telling the long term anguish that could be awaiting his family members if he should live but not recover as we all would hope.

Believe me, I have buried everyone in my family and a step family, for I am the last of the very last. I have endured every level of their dying, living a bit longer just to suffer, and all the consequences mentally, psychologically, financially, and otherwise.

It is natural to hope someone lives, but looking back, there are times when you really couldn´t be aware of the consequences of that. Life can be brutal to some, writing as I lie here in the icu of the hospital hooked up to monitors at 5 in the morning about to struggle to sit up and p.

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know nothing about his condition but there are worse things than Damar dying. With no blood to his brain/heart and all, no telling what the ramifications could be not only immediately, but down the line. There is just no telling the long term anguish that could be awaiting his family members if he should live but not recover as we all would hope.

Believe me, I have buried everyone in my family and a step family, for I am the last of the very last. I have endured every level of their dying, living a bit longer just to suffer, and all the consequences mentally, psychologically, financially, and otherwise.

It is natural to hope someone lives, but looking back, there are times when you really couldn´t be aware of the consequences of that. Life can be brutal to some, writing as I lie here in the icu of the hospital hooked up to monitors at 5 in the morning about to struggle to sit up and p.
The NFL is keeping a very tight lid on his condition. They want the league and games to go on as normal. I'm not optimistic about his health if he survives, I hope that I am wrong. I'm 80 yrs old and a Vietnam veteran and understand what you are stating.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also word that he and his mother spoke to President Biden.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose