In Simulation: Cardinals get #1 pick

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Don't think the Bears beat either Detroit or Vikings. Other scenarios are possible but unlikely.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would hate getting the number 1 pick. 2 or 3 would be fine. We are pretty locked into 4.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would hate getting the number 1 pick. 2 or 3 would be fine. We are pretty locked into 4.
Why on earth would you hate that? That is the prime position to trade down with.

If you think it helps the Cards rep or something by not getting it, get real that ship has already sailed. I am all about getting the most draft value possible now.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why on earth would you hate that? That is the prime position to trade down with.

If you think it helps the Cards rep or something by not getting it, get real that ship has already sailed. I am all about getting the most draft value possible now.
Because I don't think anyone will trade up to #1 overall. The last time was over 20 years ago. It is really expensive to trade to 1.

edit, it was also done in 2016.

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN predicts Cardinals get #1 overall selection.
Anything is possible, but some of the "simulated results" that need to obtain for this result seem HIGHLY unlikely:

Bears 37, Lions 29
Bears 34, Vikings 24

Lions' and Vikings' defenses are near the bottom of the league, but Bears to score 37 and 34 after averaging 20 PPG over the first 15 games?

Texans 30, Jaguars 16

Texans have been showing fight, but Jags have been playing MUCH better the last half-season.

Broncos 41, Chargers 33

Broncos' 15.5 PPG offense to come up with 41 points?! The Chargers' D is below average, but they'll still have incentive win to clinch the #5 seed and a game vs. the AFC South winner, rather than the #6 seed and a visit to the Bengals.

...dave

eastcoastDave

Veteran
Reaction score
Hopefully there is a skilled OLB that we draft to play ILB at our pick. In the 2nd round I'm targeting a small school (Possibly D2) short WR with a lot of grit and speed.
I know you’re being playful here…but with the Cardinals it’s to close to the truth to be dismissed. My fear is that we’ll get a pick in the top 3, trade the pick for a broken down OL guy and draft short wideouts and a gaggle of inside linebackers.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I couldn't imagine drafting a QB in the top 10 in back to back years but we did that and look where it got us.
To the playoffs and then a really bad year? After we were the worst team in our history?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trading back while Jalen Carter or Will Anderson are still on the board would be such a Steve Keim move.

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Trading back while Jalen Carter or Will Anderson is still on the board would be such a Steve Keim move.
I like Anderson but i am cooling on Carter.
Rumor has it some scouts say he is kinda lazy and doesnt have any love of the game.
Reminiscent of Robert Nkemdiche.
Would hate to waste a top 5 pick on that kind of player....sadly, would prefer Bijon Robinson over a lazy D Lineman...and im kinda with y'all on first round runningbacks.
So my biggest hope is that we get Anderson

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
ESPN predicts Cardinals get #1 overall selection.
Lol. They have the bears beating the lions and Vikings in consecutive weeks averaging 34pts and Denver pinning 41 points on their opponent in the final week. Nah gonna happen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose