Watching Hard Knocks Live

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know Russell Wilson would be in front of the camera.

Also, this is one of Bidwill's frustrations with Kyler. From a marketing standpoint Kyler is pretty much a zero when he should be a cash cow. As a owner, you want your QB, his personality, and his face all over stuff like this and you are correct that Kyler isn't interested.

I mean, Kyler should be all over it. You don't get the big money endorsements from being a introvert who want to just play video games.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched it. The Mike B speech of finishing strong was embarrassing.

Colt - great guy and nice to see him as a father and husband. His kitchen seemed small though. Maybe it was just part of it.

McBride - Love his attitude

JJ - what a great leader. He "gets it" and he's the hardest working guy.

Lotu - making the waffles made me laugh out loud. WTF????

Nuk - offering to play CB. He probably would have done it well if needed.

Sad to see that one of the producers, Mike Antell, passed away and this episode was dedicated to his memory. I Googled him and he was in a car wreck last week, killling him. His wife is expecting in a few months. Reality is tough. :(

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Imagine how much bigger the flack would get with Russell Wilson in a camera in his face off the field. lol, I would pay to see this.

Seems & sounds like a Bidwill problem to me. Especially if an owner plays a part in welcoming these Hard Knock series to your organization.
lol...re: Russ it would be so funny.

re: Mike...you are correct, it is his problem. The issue for Kyler is he already has an issue with public perception and hard knocks would be an opportunity for him to start to change the narrative. It is his choice of course, but it makes an unlikable player at the most prominent position on the team even less likable because he is mostly absent.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
because he is mostly absent.
I don’t take this as a negative thing.

More exposure to Kyler would mean more exposure to a guy saying something that could rub more people the wrong way than he already has. Whether that’s talking to someone a certain way or saying something you wish he didn’t say.

I’m sure we all heard the old saying from our elders “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say nothing at all”.

My problem with Kyler is his play. I don’t give one single damn if you’re unlikable as long as you play good(obviously, with the exception of doing something heinous like Deshaun or Rapistberger).

The best way for Kyler to change his perception is better play because that’s what a much, much, much, much, bigger audience watches than Hard Knocks.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

More exposure to Kyler would mean more exposure to a guy saying something that could rub more people the wrong way than he already has. Whether that’s talking to someone a certain way or saying something you wish he didn’t say.

I’m sure we all heard the old saying from our elders “If you have nothing nice to say, don’t say nothing at all”.

My problem with Kyler is his play. I don’t give one single damn if you’re unlikable as long as you play good(obviously, with the exception of doing something heinous like Deshaun or Rapistberger).

The best way for Kyler to change his perception is better play because that’s what a much, much, much, much, bigger audience watches than Hard Knocks.
Better hope your QB can be respected and halfway lead as well, or he's not going to be much of a QB.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I mean I guess. How did that work for Jay Cutler? Jeff George? Carson Wentz? Ryan Leaf? Jamarcus Russell? Geno Smith? Aaron Rodgers is pretty much the only disliked QB who has been successful in the NFL and he is the obvious outlier. Yes, actual play matters more than how likable a player is but the list of successful QBs who were also generally disliked (outside of off field like Vick, Roeth, Watson) is very small. Sometimes these things go hand in hand.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah, to outsiders it looks like Buddha, JJ, colt and Dhop are the faces of the team.

Good news: Somewhere between 1-3 of those folks are unlikely to be with the team next year. Ranked by likelihood of being gone:

1. JJ
2. Dhop
3. Budda
4. Colt

I know Russell Wilson would be in front of the camera.

Also, this is one of Bidwill's frustrations with Kyler. From a marketing standpoint Kyler is pretty much a zero when he should be a cash cow. As a owner, you want your QB, his personality, and his face all over stuff like this and you are correct that Kyler isn't interested.
You can decide to market Kyler the Arizona Cardinal without really involving Kyler the Guy who Lives in Texas. The problem is that the Cards' marketing team is made up of people who thought "Why not #birdcity" was a great idea.

I 100% agree that Michael doesn't like Kyler and Kyler doesn't care what Michael thinks about him and that's the #1 source of a lot of short-term problems for this franchise.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good news: Somewhere between 1-3 of those folks are unlikely to be with the team next year. Ranked by likelihood of being gone:

1. JJ
2. Dhop
3. Budda
4. Colt

You can decide to market Kyler the Arizona Cardinal without really involving Kyler the Guy who Lives in Texas. The problem is that the Cards' marketing team is made up of people who thought "Why not #birdcity" was a great idea.

I 100% agree that Michael doesn't like Kyler and Kyler doesn't care what Michael thinks about him and that's the #1 source of a lot of short-term problems for this franchise.

Having a QB that doesn't even live in the state is a major issue that doesn't get talked about enough.

This ain't college and you go home to mom and pop to get your clothes washed and meals cooked at the end of semester.

I've worked with guys that never attend work events. Try to duck out of training course or business trips. When they do attend they do the bare minimum. They moan about getting in 15 minutes early for team meetings "because they are only paid from 9". They just want to work 9 to 5 with none of the other stuff everyone else does.

That's the vibe I get from Kyler.

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jay Cutler? Jeff George? Carson Wentz? Ryan Leaf? Jamarcus Russell? Geno Smith?
I don’t think Geno belongs on the list. Who actually dislikes Geno outside of that one Jets dude because of a bet or something? I’ll give you Wentz & Leaf. JaMarcus’ problem was that he was lazy. Not an unlikable prick. I don’t remember Jeff George’s situation.

Russell Wilson, Cam Newton(before his body broke down), & Kirk Cousins seemed to have no problem flourishing despite being universally disliked.

Kyler would be a lot more “likable” if he just played better. Hell, wasn’t much to dislike during his half-season MVP streaks. Didn’t hear or see anything about him being dislikable.

I hate that this discussion began because of something so nit-picky.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don’t think Geno belongs on the list. Who actually dislikes Geno outside of that one Jets dude because of a bet or something? I’ll give you Wentz & Leaf. JaMarcus’ problem was that he was lazy. Not an unlikable prick. I don’t remember Jeff George’s situation.

Russell Wilson, Cam Newton(before his body broke down), & Kirk Cousins seemed to have no problem flourishing despite being universally disliked.

Kyler would be a lot more “likable” if he just played better. Hell, wasn’t much to dislike during his half-season MVP streaks. Didn’t hear or see anything about him being dislikable.

For a guy without warts, I think this would be nitpicky. For a guy with plenty of warts specifically relatable to the topic at hand, no.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean I guess. How did that work for Jay Cutler? Jeff George? Carson Wentz? Ryan Leaf? Jamarcus Russell? Geno Smith? Aaron Rodgers is pretty much the only disliked QB who has been successful in the NFL and he is the obvious outlier.
Wentz is disliked? I did not know that.

...dave

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wentz is disliked? I did not know that.

...dave

There were a load of rumours and unnamed player quotes while he was at the Eagles about him being a douche and generally unliked.

Google says,

"Joseph Santoliquito of the Philly Voice published a report last month that described Wentz as “selfish,” “uncompromising,” and “egotistical." The report cited "more than a half dozen players" on the roster and noted Wentz is viewed unfavorably compared to Nick Foles in the Eagles locker room."

Reaction score

Jeff George was Jay Cutler before Jay Cutler. :) From what I remember he was probably the worst of the bunch. A real arrogant prickly pear cactus. ;)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Fair. I have some counterpoints but Kyler convos have drained me of joy.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If this show was intended to provide insight about the Cards it has failed miserably; waste of time! Threatening The players they may not be here next year doesn’t seem like much of a threat.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Practice - McSorely talking about placing the ball high where Nuk can catch it. I don't think he threw many balls to where Nuk had a chance. :(

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JJ again shows why he's so amazing by the way that he practices.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave