NFL Sunday Ticket

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Bittersweet for me. I expect the viewing experience to see a huge upgrade from the apps to the interface. But DTV has given me the ticket for free for the past 5 or 6 years. I'll miss that. haha

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Hopefully youtube tv doesn't raise their prices to make up for this.
I pay for the premium service (no ads on Youtube + Youtube music) but not for YoutubeTV. My hope is that the "add on" they speak of is similarly priced for both sides of the house and not marked up for the premium members.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I hate watching games through APPS. Switching channels cause a little buffer.
Agreed. They better have a great menu interface for this or it could get odd.

I'd love a phone app where I just had to hit a button and the tv automatically tuned in. Or..... Like FuboTV...... They have a multi view option for two to 4 games.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The toughest part is watch you guys who are watching live on local TV and posting the play results before DTV shows the play. It lacks suspense.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I pay for the premium service (no ads on Youtube + Youtube music) but not for YoutubeTV. My hope is that the "add on" they speak of is similarly priced for both sides of the house and not marked up for the premium members.
Same. I just hope its not more expensive than what the DTv app price has been.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m hoping they can get a bit more granular with subscriptions - IE, team only packages. I live in the middle of two broadcast areas so I can usually pull in quite a few different games on antenna.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Same. I just hope its not more expensive than what the DTv app price has been.
I have been able to get ST for free the past 6 seasons. I'm probably going to have to pay for it again now. haha

Hopefully the interface and apps are 10 times better than what DTV gave us the past 10ish years.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
There isn't going to be any team specific items or notable price drops

I haven't paid for it in years, so will need to plan my next steps.

Will definitely be dropping DTV unless they halve my bill

Streaming well be interesting. Hopefully they have some kind of in-between function where you can join in a delay, pause, etc - I pretty much can never start or get through anything live

For other sports I typically have to wait until it's over and the replay stream becomes available

Bars and that portion of the Sunday Ticket revenue source will be interesting as well - the commercial ticket has always been really expensive

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
For those with DTV ST, I think this sucks. Or, I suppose, for anyone who likes to channel flip through the games. That simply isn't an option any longer. I'll stick with NFL + still, considering the price probably won't appreciably drop.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For those with DTV ST, I think this sucks. Or, I suppose, for anyone who likes to channel flip through the games. That simply isn't an option any longer. I'll stick with NFL + still, considering the price probably won't appreciably drop.

This is going to suck for sure.. When the Cards aren't on, that's all I do is surf from one game to another.

SOCALCARD

Rookie
Reaction score
I have been able to get ST for free the past 6 seasons. I'm probably going to have to pay for it again now. haha

Hopefully the interface and apps are 10 times better than what DTV gave us the past 10ish years.
How the hell were you able to pull that off? They don't give anything away for free to me. Even after threatening to cancel.

Reactions: PJ1

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the hell were you able to pull that off? They don't give anything away for free to me. Even after threatening to cancel.
Same here. Talked with them several different occasions with several different reps and they were only eager to get my equip from me. :(

Reactions: PJ1

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Longtime DTV subscriber here. I used to call DTV and haggle for discounts and lower prices for Sunday Ticket annually. Some years I would get it free, other years at a discounted price. Three years ago I didn't do it and went without Sunday Ticket. The last two years I got the Ticket for free without asking or contacting them. I don't know if it's based on your programming level (showtime), length of service (25 years+), or contract commitment (none). This is probably the last year of ST for me. It appears to me the NFL is really expanding its revenue streams. Games were streamed on Prime, ESPN+, Peacock, and who knows what else this season. IMO what we grew up watching for free will be replaced by a bunch of streaming for pay services.

Happily, the sold-out Jiffy Pop stadium enables locals to get the game on broadcast TV. But with the state of the Cardinals if attendance drastically drops that might go away (if the blackout rules haven't changed).

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Same here. Talked with them several different occasions with several different reps and they were only eager to get my equip from me. :(
They have a special retention number (1-877-999-1083) I've been calling into the last 3 to 4 years. Before that I would get credits that would offset the cost. For example $50 a month for 12 months is more than the cost of the monthly charge for Sunday ticket. I've never had a problem when I've called in but then again my bill is $120 a month for the last 25 years so they probably give me preferential treatment.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Hopefully youtube tv doesn't raise their prices to make up for this.

Oh they will
Youtube TV already going up 12%. YAY

It is now confirmed.

I'm probably out on this now.

YouTube TV unveiled its pricing plans for the Sunday Ticket package of NFL games that it acquired the rights to last year, and prices are higher than what previous rights holder satellite broadcaster DirecTV charged.

The full season of Sunday Ticket will retail for $349 for people who subscribe to YouTube TV’s base video-service package, which includes major broadcast and cable networks and costs $72.99 a month. Consumers who want Sunday Ticket but don’t want to subscribe to YouTube TV’s other offerings will pay $449.
While its price is higher than what DirecTV was charging, Christian Oestlien, YouTube’s vice president of product management, noted that, unlike DirecTV, YouTube TV doesn’t require a contract—which means customers can sign up for the service and then unsubscribe without any penalties. Most Sunday Ticket customers also had to have a satellite dish put on their roof to receive it from DirecTV.

“There are no contracts or hidden fees,” Mr. Oestlien said.
Like DirecTV, YouTube will also offer a package of Sunday Ticket and the RedZone channel, a network that carries live action from all the Sunday afternoon games simultaneously. Unlike DirecTV, which operated its own RedZone channel, YouTube will carry the NFL’s version of the channel.

That package will cost $389 annually for YouTube TV subscribers and $489 for nonsubscribers.

DirecTV charged around $400 for its package of the two channels.

YouTube said it would offer a $100 discount to people signing up for Sunday Ticket before June 6, months before the NFL season starts.