Jordan Schultz Article re: Bidwill/Keim/Kliff

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If Kim had signed a competent kicker to replace Prater, we would’ve won at least two more games. In both those games, Kyler put us into the position to win.
The whole episode with the kicker was enough for any owner to see that firing the GM is obvious. Keim signs a kicker whose last outing was a botched kick. Then is missing kicks in pregame for his first appearance with the Cardinals. The kicker proceeds to cost the team the game. Keim beyond reason then sticks with the same kicker and gets the same result. That is the definition of incompetence

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole episode with the kicker was enough for any owner to see that firing the GM is obvious. Keim signs a kicker whose last outing was a botched kick. Then is missing kicks in pregame for his first appearance with the Cardinals. The kicker proceeds to cost the team the game. Keim beyond reason then sticks with the same kicker and gets the same result. That is the definition of incompetence
And then Keim STAYS with that awful kicker the next week, but the team realizes he’s so bad, we repeatedly eschew FGs to go for it in easy field goal range… in a low scoring FG game.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100%.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
And then Keim STAYS with that awful kicker the next week, but the team realizes he’s so bad, we repeatedly eschew FGs to go for it in easy field goal range… in a low scoring FG game.
Yup, like I said he still sticks with the same kicker and again gets the same result the next game. There is no way in hell Kingsbury believed in that move which would limit his options on what should be makeable kicks. Bidwill is not a meddling owner but might as well be because he is achieving the same results by allowing Keim to meddle oblivious to his coaching staff. It seems Kingsbury has no power, heck even Bidwill seems to have no power. To make a Lord of the Rings comparison, Keim is like Grimmer Worm Tongue manipulating King Theoden

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I think there's a fair chance that Bidwill fires Keim and keeps Kingsberry. The new GM evaluates the whole team, coaches and players, in 2023 and then makes changes accordingly.
That is the most logical suggestion so far and makes perfect sense, no different than a new coach deciding on his new QB

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
As if what Keim does has an effect on games.

Is it Keim's fault Kyler missed multiple wide open receivers or was way off target in the Rams or Seahawks games?

Kyler directly effects the outcome of games. Only once has he done that positively vs the Raiders.

He's done it negatively enough times to rob us of 3 more wins.
I feel like I’m in crazy world where a guy who posts constantly types this on a football board.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you’re saying that the team fielded has zero affect on the outcome of the game? Man that’s one of the worst statements I’ve ever seen on this Cardinals board.

No. That's not what I'm seeing. If you read what I said it's quite clear.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As Keim constructs the roster, he has direct impact on games.

If Kyler played better, we'd have more wins. How many is debatable. If Kyler played better, we still wouldn't be a good team. Keim built a bad roster and Kliff is still our coach.

What Keim does has an effect on the roster. Not on games.

The fact that games were there to be won if not for bad QB play proves the roster is good enough to win games.

This roster is no worse than the Seahawks or Vikings. Those teams also have issues.

The difference is Kyler has been one of the worst QBs in the league.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
BritCard is the only one in the world going to bat for Steve Keim.

You guys think I’m playing, but I’m starting to believe he really is related to Keim.

Man what? lmao.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BritCard is the only one in the world going to bat for Steve Keim.

You guys think I’m playing, but I’m starting to believe he really is related to Keim.

Man what? lmao.

How have I gone to bat for Keim? Keim sucks. I've said numerous times he sucks and should be fired. For the record AGAIN for the mentally challenged KEIM SUCKS.

Saying this roster is good enough to be at least 7-5 and that it isn't because Kyler has sucked is not defending Keim. You just don't understand words.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Do you actually think that KEIM signed that kicker without a recommendation from the special team's coach?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember hearing that one reason the first kicker was signed was because he could kick the ball higher than Blankenship on FG attempts, but I guess Keim values that metric in a kicker more than accuracy. That’s like you admire a majestic drive off the tee box but don’t care when it’s three fairways over to the right, but hey it looked good

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Do you actually think that KEIM signed that kicker without a recommendation from the special team's coach?
the first week -- maybe / probably

the second week -- no way. I doubt Jeff Rogers flew up to Seattle thinking: i am good with this kicker, but Kliff -- go for it unless you are inside a 40 yard FG try

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the first week -- maybe / probably

the second week -- no way. I doubt Jeff Rogers flew up to Seattle thinking: i am good with this kicker, but Kliff -- go for it unless you are inside a 40 yard FG try

Well, we both don't know what Rogers said leading up to the first or going into the second week. What seems unlikely is that KEIM acted without input from the coaching personnel.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, we both don't know what Rogers said leading up to the first or going into the second week. What seems unlikely is that KEIM acted without input from the coaching personnel.
A competent GM would have seen the 1st game and not gone into the second game with that kicker regardless of what the coach said. And maybe fire that idiotic coach

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

A friendly reminder of where we stand.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A competent GM would have seen the 1st game and not gone into the second game with that kicker regardless of what the coach said. And maybe fire that idiotic coach

They tried out multiple kickers and went with the one that performed best. Should they sign the 2nd best?

What this all comes down to is "Why didn't they sign Blankenship?". That's really the crux of it.

If the choice was Amendola or Biff McDorkle nobody is complaining. It's not like good kickers are sat on the sofa.

Blankenship was released injured after a couple of games so maybe he wasn't signed because of the same injury? Which is highly likely considering nobody else signed him. Not the Chiefs or the Eagles who both had kicker injuries after Blankenship was cut.

There are LOADS of real things to get on Keim's back about but you have to turn off logic to blame him for this one because the options were likely bad kicker A or bad kicker B.

Plus we didn't lose the Eagles game because of a bad kicker. We lost because our offense was garbage most of the game.

Last edited: