Waiting to trade Crowder

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's a move to be made that will make us a championship contender this season, if that's what you're talking about. Maybe once we are under new ownership JJ will have the okay to spend money but I don't see it happening until then. Of course, that's if JJ even survives the ownership change.
Not sure how you can say that. There is no way to know who is or isn’t available. There are likely moves to be made and I think the Suns might be able to get their hands on an impact player that would allow them to compete for a title.

If they could get their hands on KD that would be a game changer but I doubt that happens either.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure how you can say that. There is no way to know who is or isn’t available. There are likely moves to be made and I think the Suns might be able to get their hands on an impact player that would allow them to compete for a title.

If they could get their hands on KD that would be a game changer but I doubt that happens either.
I don't believe JJ has the green light on any deal that involves paying out more money over time. Without being able to absorb extra years, I just don't know how we could swing an impact deal. It seems to me that, if anything, franchises about to be sold usually try to clear the books, not add debt.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Booker and DeRozan would be playable at the same time. Two guys who primarily shoot from mid range, one of them who is literally useless off the ball.

We're 8th in made 3 pointers, we were 21st last year. Dallas shot us out of the building while we whiffed wide open looks and passed up 3s to dribble into traffic.

Boston is the best three point shooting team in the league.
Do you know why Boston is the best 3 point shooting team in the league? It’s not just because they have good shooters. It’s because they have three ELITE creators who put pressure on the defense at all times, creating wide open shots and good shooters to hit them. Right now they also have FIVE guys who shoot the three at all times on the floor. The Suns will never have that because Ayton isn’t that guy. But the Suns also don’t get those wide open looks over and over again because they only have one creator and he’s not an elite one. It’s why once CP3 fell apart against the Bucks, they could let Book do his thing and just close out on our shooters, which they did and totally shut down Cam and Bridges.

Do you know why Dallas shot the three against us so well last year? Because they also had two creators we couldn’t stop for the life of us, forcing us to rotate like crazy leaving 3 point shooters wide open repeatedly. And again, once CP3 stopped being able to play basketball, they could just stick to our shooters like glue and not give open looks because we didn’t have the creators necessary to draw and punish a d to make them scramble and leave shooters open.

Why you continue to ignore this is beyond me. Earlier last week you tried to sell that we were good enough with Book, Payne and CP3 as creators… which would be by far the worst collection of creators on any title team I can ever remember. And for good reason.

Maybe it’s not DeRozan that we need, but I think you’re out of your mind if you think this team doesn’t desperately need an elite shot creator/playmaker. As of right now, it doesn’t even have one of those. He’s a great scorer, but he doesn’t have the kind of game to beat double teams, attack the rack that draws a defense in to also kick out with regularity.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bridges is a much better defender and all around player than DeRozen. There's a reason San Antonio let him go for nothing. He's TJ Warren without the health issues or 3 ball. Great midrange scorer in an era where midrange scoring is essentially unguarded because teams focus on guarding the paint and 3 PT line. He takes what he's given and puts up good numbers but hasn't led a team anywhere.
But that’s just it, we aren’t looking for him to lead us anywhere. We are looking for another scorer to pick up the slack. Like when Booker can’t hit the broadside of a barn like the last three games.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't believe JJ has the green light on any deal that involves paying out more money over time. Without being able to absorb extra years, I just don't know how we could swing an impact deal. It seems to me that, if anything, franchises about to be sold usually try to clear the books, not add debt.
I doubt that‘s true since rumors are rampant the Suns have been trying to figure out a 3 way trade. We have seen the Suns clear books before and if they were going to do that I think we would be fire selling players right now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you know why Boston is the best 3 point shooting team in the league? It’s not just because they have good shooters. It’s because they have three ELITE creators who put pressure on the defense at all times, creating wide open shots and good shooters to hit them. Right now they also have FIVE guys who shoot the three at all times on the floor. The Suns will never have that because Ayton isn’t that guy. But the Suns also don’t get those wide open looks over and over again because they only have one creator and he’s not an elite one. It’s why once CP3 fell apart against the Bucks, they could let Book do his thing and just close out on our shooters, which they did and totally shut down Cam and Bridges.

Do you know why Dallas shot the three against us so well last year? Because they also had two creators we couldn’t stop for the life of us, forcing us to rotate like crazy leaving 3 point shooters wide open repeatedly. And again, once CP3 stopped being able to play basketball, they could just stick to our shooters like glue and not give open looks because we didn’t have the creators necessary to draw and punish a d to make them scramble and leave shooters open.

Why you continue to ignore this is beyond me. Earlier last week you tried to sell that we were good enough with Book, Payne and CP3 as creators… which would be by far the worst collection of creators on any title team I can ever remember. And for good reason.

Maybe it’s not DeRozan that we need, but I think you’re out of your mind if you think this team doesn’t desperately need an elite shot creator/playmaker. As of right now, it doesn’t even have one of those.

I'm not ignoring it, I'm saying guys who will take and make the myriad of open looks that our offense already creates are needed more than a creator.

I'd love to have another elite creator, if we could get Durant without annihilating the rest of the team I am in.

But most relevant to the debate of late... Demar DeRozan is NOT an elite creator and doing something like trading Bridges for him would make the Shaq for Marion trade seem brilliant.

Lauri Markkanen and/or Mike Conley would do wonders for us.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But that’s just it, we aren’t looking for him to lead us anywhere. We are looking for another scorer to pick up the slack. Like when Booker can’t hit the broadside of a barn like the last three games.

If we can get him for scraps, sure, but no way would I trade Bridges for him. Bridges may not be a consistent scorer but he's consistent in every other facet of the game plus he's 25 or 26. Bridges has more value than DeRozen if we deal him. If Bridges is dealt then I like the idea of a Miami deal for Butler but that's a whole different discussion.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we can get him for scraps, sure, but no way would I trade Bridges for him. Bridges may not be a consistent scorer but he's consistent in every other facet of the game plus he's 25 or 26. Bridges has more value than DeRozen if we deal him. If Bridges is dealt then I like the idea of a Miami deal for Butler but that's a whole different discussion.

But he’s not. Bridges is supposed to this defensive wizard so why can’t he lock anyone up this year? He’s not a shot creator or a playmaker.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Right.

Derozan was the man on a lot or Toronto teams and took them to the playoffs year after year, Pop loves him, The Bulls were pretty damn good last year.

He might not be a number 1 but you wouldn’t bring him in to be a number you’re bringing him in to be a piece.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houston is said to have declined the above trade offer involving Jae Crowder.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Gambadoro again shoots down the trade rumored above.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But he’s not. Bridges is supposed to this defensive wizard so why can’t he lock anyone up this year? He’s not a shot creator or a playmaker.
There is no such thing as a lock down defender with the current rules. He is a very good defender against guards, not against power forwards.

he does have some shot creation ability and is getting more oppotunities this season.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no such thing as a lock down defender with the current rules. He is a very good defender against guards, not against power forwards.

he does have some shot creation ability and is getting more oppotunities this season.

Luka and CJ aren’t power forwards.

He doesn’t he’s a slasher. You can’t give it to him and as him to take guys off the dribble or to create that’s not what he does

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just saw this:

In recent weeks, Phoenix, Atlanta and Utah had conversations about a deal that would have landed Crowder in Atlanta, Collins in Utah and potentially Jarred Vanderbilt in Phoenix.
From Jake Fischer

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the rumors are correct, the Suns have been after Vanderbilt for awhile. I was wanting Vanderbilt last season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose