Post-Season Cuts Impact Cap

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None of that should affect bad snaps and false starts, especially as the C. Sacks, he gets a bit more leeway with, sure, but even then he's not been good.

Compete for a backup spot? Sure. Nothing more.

Not playing shotgun much seems like a pretty good excuse for bad snaps.

As I said, he's not good, but he's also had a lot to deal with.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I said before this season that I thought the Cardinals were basically punting on the offseason. Didn't have a ton of open cap space this year and they likely thought that bringing the band back would be enough.

What sucks is that I firmly believe the Cardinals planned for this, and that we aren't going to see any changes within the organization after this year. Maybe an assistant or two is canned, but Kingsbury and Keim are safe. It sucks, but I think this is the case.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I said before this season that I thought the Cardinals were basically punting on the offseason. Didn't have a ton of open cap space this year and they likely thought that bringing the band back would be enough.

What sucks is that I firmly believe the Cardinals planned for this, and that we aren't going to see any changes within the organization after this year. Maybe an assistant or two is canned, but Kingsbury and Keim are safe. It sucks, but I think this is the case.
So gross, but I think you might be right

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So gross, but I think you might be right
I only takes a cursory understanding of the team and organization to see that this is probably true. We've seen NO indicators that Kliff or Keim's job is on the line.

I actually get what they were thinking, but I would say they were way too focused on the best case scenario. Sure the Cardinals have had a crazy run of injuries, but they relied on Hudson and Pugh, and a bunch of unknowns at EDGE. They weren't prepared to really compete this year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Punting on last offseason or this coming one? If I recall correctly when a bunch of said that midway through last offseason you were on team “there’s plenty of talent still existing that we will sign. Don’t be chicken littles.” You may have changed your tune at the end of the offseason when it was a fact that they had punted on the offseason.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Punting on last offseason or this coming one?
I think my post makes it quite apparent.
If I recall correctly when a bunch of said that midway through last offseason you were on team “there’s plenty of talent still existing that we will sign. Don’t be chicken littles.”
There is enough talent...it's just that 1) Murray hasn't progressed, and in fact looks like he has regressed 2) the Cardinals are probably the most injured team in the NFL.

The chicken littles predicted that our cornerback group was in dire straits and that has been pure rubbish.
You may have changed your tune at the end of the offseason when it was a fact that they had punted on the offseason.
Google it. You'll see I said this same concept  during the offseason.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Punting on last offseason or this coming one? If I recall correctly when a bunch of said that midway through last offseason you were on team “there’s plenty of talent still existing that we will sign. Don’t be chicken littles.” You may have changed your tune at the end of the offseason when it was a fact that they had punted on the offseason.
Yup. C'mon, Ouchie, did you think anyone was going to own up to it?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I said before this season that I thought the Cardinals were basically punting on the offseason.
Punting on an offseason where your QB was still cost controlled, with many players available to be renegotiated, and a down NFC.

Punting.

Why should we care about the team winning when they clearly don't care? What are we doing here?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Punting on an offseason where your QB was still cost controlled, with many players available to be renegotiated, and a down NFC.
I don't think they would say punt. They resigned Murray, brought back most players from a team that went 11-6, added another good target for their QB.

But a team that really thinks they are close will make more moves. I don't think anyone will disagree with that.
Punting.

Why should we care about the team winning when they clearly don't care? What are we doing here?
Because building a team is a multi-year thing. Unfortunately we pull for a team that isn't really a major player.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I don't think they would say punt.
I don't care what they SAY, I care what they DO.
They resigned Murray, brought back most players from a team that went 11-6, added another good target for their QB.
If you want to try and argue we had better personnel this season than last, you're wrong. I told you this all offseason, and you didn't believe it. The proof is in the pudding.

Because building a team is a multi-year thing. Unfortunately we pull for a team that isn't really a major player.
Yes, good teams plan and build, have an identity and culture. The Cardinals have NONE of this, and until they do, they'll continue to be excuse makers.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't care what they SAY, I care what they DO.
Right.
If you want to try and argue we had better personnel this season than last, you're wrong. I told you this all offseason, and you didn't believe it. The proof is in the pudding.
I don't think the team is significantly less talented. I think they are a lot more injured. There is a strong correlation in teams winning the Super Bowl and their health.
Yes, good teams plan and build, have an identity and culture. The Cardinals have NONE of this, and until they do, they'll continue to be excuse makers.
I agree with this. It starts at the top. Keim is a reactionary GM.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
One of the reasons I didn't hate the McBride picks is because it's one of the few examples of Keim proactively addressing a future concern.

Granted, he likely resigned Ertz for too long and TE is not a premium position either.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
One of the reasons I didn't hate the McBride picks is because it's one of the few examples of Keim proactively addressing a future concern.

Granted, he likely resigned Ertz for too long and TE is not a premium position either.
Right idea, wrong position and definitely the wrong time.

We have major needs and need players now, and so far McBride looks like a big miss in general. With all of our needs on both lines, investing a 2nd round pick on a non-premium position on a guy that needs lots of work seems like another Keim Time masterpiece.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I am thinking this to. Kliff is acting guarded but I took a look at his latest pressers and it does not seem like a guy worried about his job unless that 30 million which would still be due him is a reason for a happy thought to ride out the season lol

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Settling scores I see...
Oh please. Darksiders get crucified when they're wrong and the eating crow threads start. When someone else is wrong, they go ghost and/or prevaricate. You were 100 percent mocking us darksiders over our offseason roster concerns, and it wasn't limited to the CB room. When the season approached and you caught on to how the wind was blowing with this roster, you changed your tune. Haven't heard a mea culpa out of you (and others) yet.

Own up to it like me and others owned up during the 7-0 start. I ate tons of crow then, and gladly I admitted I was wrong. Sadly that changed as the season concluded, but I was wrong bit time in that half of the season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose