Cards v Chargers Post Game

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Zaven Collins had 3 tackles and a dropped INT that could have sealed the game today. The tip at the line made the INT more difficult, but he still needs to make that play, especially since he really didn't make any others.

I am done waiting for the light to go on for that dude. It ain't happening. At least we will always have the pick 6, I guess.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sadly, I’m concerned that, because of the looking-worse-everyday extension KK was gifted this past offseason, ownership will look at this as a learning experience. As in “It’s only his 4th season, he has another 4 to get this right.” I know, completely insane, but in what sane moves has this franchise engaged of late (or mostly ever)?
No. He has another 5. It was an extension. This is the last season of his last contract.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Other observations:
1) McBride sucks. Can’t catch the ball.
2) How did Hebert not have anybody within 30 yards of him on that long run?
3) Clement came in and made a nice play then never saw him again.
4) On our fumble recovery reversal. The person that come out of the pile with ball always gets rewarded with the recovery. No whistle blew.
5) Price and his low snaps impact plays. Makes it tough on KM. The guy is a *******.
No whistle has to blow. If on the replay they see the chargers player with control of the ball, on the ground and a cardinals player touching him (all of which was obvious on replay) he’s down by contact. They don’t have to wait to see who wrestles it free from the pile. They only used to do that bc (a) there wasn’t replay; and/or (b) you usually can’t tell what happened, even on replay. But here it was unfortunately obvious.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No whistle has to blow. If on the replay they see the chargers player with control of the ball, on the ground and a cardinals player touching him (all of which was obvious on replay) he’s down by contact. They don’t have to wait to see who wrestles it free from the pile. They only used to do that bc (a) there wasn’t replay; and/or (b) you usually can’t tell what happened, even on replay. But here it was unfortunately obvious.
I have seen many times a player gets on the ball and has it pulled away. This one they both were grabbing at it and the announcers said tie goes to the runner and the off field official they go to agreed.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No no no no no! You punt the damn ball!!! You’re on your OWN 35 yard line with the lead & 7 mins left in the half. No excuses. I’m sooo sick & tired of these analytical fools chasing fools gold each & every game, especially out idiot coach. What analytics does not measure into the equation is the consequences of when you fail. It cost us 7 points & probably momentum.

Just reason number 78 to fire Klownsbury!!! Punt the damn ball. Klownsbury put Kyler, & his whole team in a bad situation because he’s sooo brilliant. Ugh
Absolutely the truth! This team lacks discipline & as a coach, by punting in this situation, you are disciplining your team. You need to send them the message that first downs are made on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd down plays, NOT 4th down. My HS coach preached that to us. It puts a certain amount of emphasis & focus into a team. And it hurt like hell when he forced us to punt on 4th down, even when we had inches to go & we knew we were the better team & would probably get the first down. It was his way of punishing us for not getting the 1st down in 3 plays. But, I guess when you’re running right up the damn middle on 1st down 95% of the time, you put your team in too many 4th down pickles. It’s one thing to go for it deep in the other teams territory, but you should never do it on your own 35, unless of course, you’re forced to at the end of a game.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
And again Maxx falls down coming off the LOS, he's supposed to chip the end but he didn't so the end took away the easy handoff to Conner, which Kyler read correctly. Now the safety reads the play on Trey so that's not there. Hollywood is blocking he's not running a route.

But the wide open play there is as the guy said, in the middle of the field, Maxx can run forever, but he fell down coming off the LOS and then when he got up Kyler had already gotten off that completely and was about to throw the ball to D Hop. If Maxx gets off the LOS cleanly he's wide open there but he fell down.
Added to that, I'm actually glad Kyler threw that up there deep. Why not? If it's complete, awesome! Incomplete is a better deal than a sack, which gives the Chargers even more yardage. And the INT was far better than turning it over on downs.

This loss was not on Kyler. He played quite well overall.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First up. Fire Kliff.

He deserves to be fired just for the turtling at the end of the game. 3 drives of 3 and out when up 7. Scared to throw the ball. We deserved to get beat.

Second. I hate this from Kyler.

"Oh yeah that pass I underthrew by 4 yards wasn't even supposed to go to Hop. We were schematically ****** on that play. Not my fault"

If only the QB could read a defense and call audibles at the line. Or use one of the 3 time outs that we have because he doesn't like what he sees.

There's no deep safety and you have Hopkins and Brown in single coverage and you cant audible a 1st down out of that? Get out of here with your excuses. Kliff can only call the play, it's the QB's job to assess if he has the right look.

Mike sucks. Keim sucks. Kliff sucks. Kyler sucks.

Oh and look at the first comment on this tweet to see what the wider NFL fan base thinks of Kyler. Actually all the comments.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kliff needs to go just because he very obviously does not trust Kyler.

Looks like a completely different coach with McCoy at QB. Not only his interactions with the player but the way he coaches.

Considering Kliff banged the table to get Kyler and built this offense around him I can't think of a bigger indictment of Kyler as a QB.

But as we are stuck with Kyler there is no choice but for Kliff to go.

Stout

Reaction score
Kliff needs to go just because he very obviously does not trust Kyler.

Looks like a completely different coach with McCoy at QB. Not only his interactions with the player but the way he coaches.

Considering Kliff banged the table to get Kyler and built this offense around him I can't think of a bigger indictment of Kyler as a QB.

But as we are stuck with Kyler there is no choice but for Kliff to go.
This loss was all on KK, not on Kyler. And I've been one of the biggest Kyler critics all year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This loss was all on KK, not on Kyler. And I've been one of the biggest Kyler critics all year.

It was. That's not what I'm saying. The loss was on Kliff but that's in part because he doesn't trust Kyler. He's managing him.

We went 3 drives of 3 and out because he doesn't trust Kyler to make the right reads and doesn't trust him to make accurate passes.

Kliff's body language when Colt plays and when Kyler plays are words apart. With Colt he looks chill and confident. With Kyler he just looks pissed all the time.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
First up. Fire Kliff.

He deserves to be fired just for the turtling at the end of the game. 3 drives of 3 and out when up 7. Scared to throw the ball. We deserved to get beat.

Second. I hate this from Kyler.

"Oh yeah that pass I underthrew by 4 yards wasn't even supposed to go to Hop. We were schematically ****** on that play. Not my fault"

If only the QB could read a defense and call audibles at the line. Or use one of the 3 time outs that we have because he doesn't like what he sees.

There's no deep safety and you have Hopkins and Brown in single coverage and you cant audible a 1st down out of that? Get out of here with your excuses. Kliff can only call the play, it's the QB's job to assess if he has the right look.

Mike sucks. Keim sucks. Kliff sucks. Kyler sucks.

Oh and look at the first comment on this tweet to see what the wider NFL fan base thinks of Kyler. Actually all the comments.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
There were two initial options that weren’t open. After that hence the comment. At that moment He chose to throw the 50/50 ball to Hopkins. Btw he never said “ not my fault”. Crystal clear you hate Murray but don’t make **** up.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There were two initial options that weren’t open. After that hence the comment. At that moment He chose to throw the 50/50 ball to Hopkins. Btw he never said “ not my fault”. Crystal clear you hate Murray but don’t make **** up.

You don't mention it if you aren't trying to lay blame elsewhere and that's exactly how it's being taken on social media.

If it wasn't there then it's on him to change the play or call TO.

Stout

Reaction score
You don't mention it if you aren't trying to lay blame elsewhere and that's exactly how it's being taken on social media.

No, it's:
#1 on Kliff to not go for it
#2 on Kliff to call a non-up-the-gut run or sneak
#3 circumstantial that the run option was taken away IN PLAY. Not a pre-snap read.
#4 on McBride for going short
#5 on Williams for slipping and falling

Then Kyler, out of options, can either take a sack, throw it away, or chuck it deep. Taking the sack is the worst option, throwing it away gives them great field position, and chucking it deep gives a chance at a completion, with the worst alternative being an incompletion. The interception was actually a better outcome at that point.

So, pray tell, where did Kyler have any culpability on that play?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

If the play had been blocked correctly the run would have worked. You are pissed at him for not being able to see the future it seems to me. That said a plain old run up the gut would have been a much better call than an RPO in that situation.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, it's:
#3 circumstantial that the run option was taken away IN PLAY. Not a pre-snap read.

Then Kyler, out of options, can either take a sack, throw it away, or chuck it deep. Taking the sack is the worst option, throwing it away gives them great field position, and chucking it deep gives a chance at a completion, with the worst alternative being an incompletion. The interception was actually a better outcome at that point.

1. Kliff should not have gone for it
2. Having gone for it it wasn't a good choice of play call
3. At this point if Kyler thinks he's "schematically ******" he should check out of the play or call TO.
4. This is what you pay $255m quarterbacks to do
5. Having not done any of that the pass to Hop was on and it was an awful pass.

Kliff sucks for the call. Kyler sucks on all his part in executing it.

And I wouldn't have even brought it up if Kyler hadn't acted like it was outside of his control in the presser. He made the decision to run that play based on what he was seeing, he threw the awful pass.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the play had been blocked correctly the run would have worked. You are pissed at him for not being able to see the future it seems to me. That said a plain old run up the gut would have been a much better call than an RPO in that situation.

What run? We are talking about the 4th down pass play.

What I'm pissed about is Kyler acting as if he's blameless. As if it's not on him to assess if they are "schematically ******".

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No, it's:

We are going to disagree on this other than Kliff should have never gone for it.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It was. That's not what I'm saying. The loss was on Kliff but that's in part because he doesn't trust Kyler. He's managing him.

We went 3 drives of 3 and out because he doesn't trust Kyler to make the right reads and doesn't trust him to make accurate passes.

Kliff's body language when Colt plays and when Kyler plays are words apart. With Colt he looks chill and confident. With Kyler he just looks pissed all the time.

I'm so glad we have a body language reader back on the board! That's awesome! (j/k with you Britcard)

Stout

Reaction score
1. Kliff should not have gone for it
2. Having gone for it it wasn't a good choice of play call
3. At this point if Kyler thinks he's "schematically ******" he should check out of the play or call TO.
4. This is what you pay $255m quarterbacks to do
5. Having not done any of that the pass to Hop was on and it was an awful pass.

Kliff sucks for the call. Kyler sucks on all his part in executing it.

And I wouldn't have even brought it up if Kyler hadn't acted like it was outside of his control in the presser. He made the decision to run that play based on what he was seeing, he threw the awful pass.
I think "schematically *******" is a post-mortem comment. All the problems happened after the snap. I don't see how Kyler could possibly know Maxx would fall down, McBride would screw up, JC would get jammed...These were all post-snap problems, not "can be sniffed out" problems.

But hey, continue getting your hate on.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose