Cards v Chargers Post Game

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
They have a new coach and a retread QB...they have bottomed out and started the rebuild this year. They have been fairly competitive, all things considered.
Nah, they are very much like the Cardinals. Hold them on third down in the waning moments of the game, no problem, run into the kicker and give the other team a first

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And again Maxx falls down coming off the LOS, he's supposed to chip the end but he didn't so the end took away the easy handoff to Conner, which Kyler read correctly. Now the safety reads the play on Trey so that's not there. Hollywood is blocking he's not running a route.

But the wide open play there is as the guy said, in the middle of the field, Maxx can run forever, but he fell down coming off the LOS and then when he got up Kyler had already gotten off that completely and was about to throw the ball to D Hop. If Maxx gets off the LOS cleanly he's wide open there but he fell down.
Kyler's assessment of being "schematically kind of F'd" seems pretty accurate

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
there was clearly an option in the play design to hand the ball off then
If you go back and watch the play, the edge rusher to Murray's right is in the backfield on the snap and would have destroyed Conner. Conner barely even got a chip on him then released at the LOS, with Murray looking to McBride on the left. If he comes back to Conner for the pass, that defender is there for the sack or hit on Murray. Kyler is right that it was a bad scheme from jump.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Amazing that there were pages of people blaming this play on Kyler.

The play was designed to go 2 places, Conner or McBride, and the defense took away both of them. Kliff is running amateur stuff on 4th and inches instead of punting or pounding the ball.
play never should’ve happened in the 1st place. Should have punted or at least run the ball considering how we were gashing them. I don’t blame K1 for that at all.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Amazing that there were pages of people blaming this play on Kyler.

The play was designed to go 2 places, Conner or McBride, and the defense took away both of them. Kliff is running amateur stuff on 4th and inches instead of punting or pounding the ball.
I still can't believe Kliff went for it on 4th down at his own 35 in the 2nd quarter with a lead. That is just some world class buffoonary.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
How do we not run on 4th and inches with Connor getting 5 yards a carry. Why does Kliff always scheme long passes on very short yards. Makes no sense and you would think he would learn. We need to throw the vault at Sean Payton
No no no no no! You punt the damn ball!!! You’re on your OWN 35 yard line with the lead & 7 mins left in the half. No excuses. I’m sooo sick & tired of these analytical fools chasing fools gold each & every game, especially out idiot coach. What analytics does not measure into the equation is the consequences of when you fail. It cost us 7 points & probably momentum.

Just reason number 78 to fire Klownsbury!!! Punt the damn ball. Klownsbury put Kyler, & his whole team in a bad situation because he’s sooo brilliant. Ugh

Last edited:

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
No no no no no! You punt the damn ball!!! You’re on your OWN 35 yard line with the lead & 7 mins left in the half. No excuses. I’m sooo sick & tired of these analytical fools chasing fools gold each & every game, especially out idiot coach. What analytics does not measure into the equation is the consequences of when you fail. It cost us 7 points & probably momentum.

Just reason number 78 to fire Klownsbury!!! Punt the damn ball
He’s coaching scared now and not making logical decisions. He’s so afraid of losing that he doesn’t even recognize when we actually have the momentum and control of the game.

He’s a total liability to this team. I will be really disappointed if he’s not let go tonight or tomorrow. VJ can be interim coach until the end of the season.

Buckybird

Reaction score
He’s coaching scared now and not making logical decisions. He’s so afraid of losing that he doesn’t even recognize when we actually have the momentum and control of the game.

He’s a total liability to this team. I will be really disappointed if he’s not let go tonight or tomorrow. VJ can be interim coach until the end of the season.
Nope he’s been doing the same questionable 4th down gambles since he’s been here!!! It’s sickening

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Guys, this board is near unanimous Kliff is not a good coach. Almost as unanimous about removing Keim too. Only question is what to do with Bidwill who looks clueless since Bruce Arians left the franchise? Why doesn't Bidwill have a VP of football operations instead of bum chilliups Keim?

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Just reason number 78 to fire Klownsbury!!! Punt the damn ball. Klownsbury put Kyler, & his who team in a bad situation because he’s sooo brilliant. Ugh
I didn’t say not to punt. I’m saying if you are going to go for it. Run

Buckybird

Reaction score
I’m saying if you are going to go for it. Run
Given the score, situation & how both teams had been playing until that point that shouldn’t be an option to a sane NFL coach.

Imo this was one of Klownsbury’s biggest gaffes as a HC to date & that’s saying something

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Guys, this board is near unanimous Kliff is not a good coach. Almost as unanimous about removing Keim too. Only question is what to do with Bidwill who looks clueless since Bruce Arians left the franchise? Why doesn't Bidwill have a VP of football operations instead of bum chilliups Keim?
Sadly, I’m concerned that, because of the looking-worse-everyday extension KK was gifted this past offseason, ownership will look at this as a learning experience. As in “It’s only his 4th season, he has another 4 to get this right.” I know, completely insane, but in what sane moves has this franchise engaged of late (or mostly ever)?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Other observations:
1) McBride sucks. Can’t catch the ball.
2) How did Hebert not have anybody within 30 yards of him on that long run?
3) Clement came in and made a nice play then never saw him again.
4) On our fumble recovery reversal. The person that come out of the pile with ball always gets rewarded with the recovery. No whistle blew.
5) Price and his low snaps impact plays. Makes it tough on KM. The guy is a *******.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson