We were missing 8 offensive starters tonight

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not defending Keim. He should have been fired in 2018. He should be fired now. I say that even knowing that we will go with Harris or Wilson who will likely be similar but hopefully less of a d-bag.
I know you’re not.

I just love how Brit claims no one defends Keim when consistently has an excuse on why is it Keim’s fault he constantly fails with drafts & signings. There’s always one with him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
And signs oft injured free agents.
It’s the re-signing them that’s extra bad. Like you signed James Conner to a one year deal and he made the Pro Bowl by vulturing a bunch of TDs that Kyler would’ve run in the year before. That’s good! Nice job!

Let someone else pay him for an outlier season and collect your comp pick. Don’t pay him $12 million! That’s dumb and bad!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s the re-signing them that’s extra bad. Like you signed James Conner to a one year deal and he made the Pro Bowl by vulturing a bunch of TDs that Kyler would’ve run in the year before. That’s good! Nice job!

Let someone else pay him for an outlier season and collect your comp pick. Don’t pay him $12 million! That’s dumb and bad!
I legitimately believe Steve Keim lives in his own football bubble from the rest of the league.

He does not realize what premium & non-premium positions are. Overpaying RBs, drafting ILBs high, drafting TEs high, ignoring using your premium picks for EDGE, etc.

I’m 95% sure he is the only GM doing this.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I legitimately believe Steve Keim lives in his own football bubble from the rest of the league.

He does not realize what premium & non-premium positions are. Overpaying RBs, drafting ILBs high, drafting TEs high, ignoring using your premium picks for EDGE, etc.

When you're bad at your job, you live moment to moment and focus exclusively on the immediate "win."

That gets you a five-year extension in the midst of a historic collapse, but it's pretty demoralizing for your fan base over time.

Think about how many people here we SO STOKED when Conner was re-signed. He's on the pre-roll for Cardinals Underground!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I wouldn’t mind this if he was getting keuchly and Kelce, but he’s just bringing in JAGs.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I know you’re not.

I just love how Brit claims no one defends Keim when consistently has an excuse on why is it Keim’s fault he constantly fails with drafts & signings. There’s always one with him.
The issue is that Keim has actually made some good moves so he isn't a complete train wreck and that is what some people hold on to even though it is silly.

I actually believe that Keim's lack of an overall plan is why some of his moves work because a person with a plan would not have made them. Like a guy who spends $950 on a carnival game to win the big prize and then brags about it without acknowledging he just spent $950 on a carnival game.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I actually believe that Keim's lack of an overall plan is why some of his moves work because a person with a plan would not have made them.
this aspect makes me wonder if Mike B plays "GM for a day" from time to time

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The issue is that Keim has actually made some good moves so he isn't a complete train wreck and that is what some people hold on to even though it is silly.
I would love to know how he isn't a complete train wreck. Planning? He's terrible at it. You see how many players will hit FA or any sense of a roster plan?

Draft - he's historically one of the worst in the last 10 years - that's a huge sample size!

FA - mostly misses, and filling holes with questionable players bc of bad drafting

Trades - he got Hop and Chan. Hollywood Brown? (first rounder for a questionable talent headed into the final year of his deal) Robbie Anderson?

Again - if your team has no depth, no identity, no passion, and has ONE WINNING SEASON in the last 8 years, your GM sucks!

Saying he isn't a complete train wreck is silly.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to know how he isn't a complete train wreck. Planning? He's terrible at it. You see how many players will hit FA or any sense of a roster plan?

Draft - he's historically one of the worst in the last 10 years - that's a huge sample size!

FA - mostly misses, and filling holes with questionable players bc of bad drafting

Trades - he got Hop and Chan. Hollywood Brown? (first rounder for a questionable talent headed into the final year of his deal) Robbie Anderson?

Again - if your team has no depth, no identity, no passion, and has ONE WINNING SEASON in the last 8 years, your GM sucks!

Saying he isn't a complete train wreck is silly.
1 winning season since 2015 = train wreck.

I don’t know how anyone argues anything else.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
1 winning season since 2015 = train wreck.

I don’t know how anyone argues anything else.
In a league where parity is an actual thing! No serious team would ever keep a guy like Keim around.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I actually believe that Keim's lack of an overall plan is why some of his moves work because a person with a plan would not have made them. Like a guy who spends $950 on a carnival game to win the big prize and then brags about it without acknowledging he just spent $950 on a carnival game.
lol dude

Chop, if you don’t believe Keim isn’t a train wreck(on & off the field, btw!), your standards are absurdly low & I’ve seen your posts to know you’re not a absurdly low standard-having guy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
lol dude

Chop, if you don’t believe Keim isn’t a train wreck(on & off the field, btw!), your standards are absurdly low & I’ve seen your posts to know you’re not a absurdly low standard-having guy.
I actually kind of agree that Keim isn't a "complete train wreck" in putting this roster together. He's not Dave Gettleman. He's not Ryan Pace. He's not Sashi Brown.

The draft picks don't look immediately ridiculous most of the time. We make trades that seem to make sense. The draft picks get signed on time. He's okay with the media.

I think that's a reason why a lot of people who were here from the real bad old days are hesitant to really throw him in the dumpster, no matter how much his results would indicate it's past time.

I don't want to trust Keim with another year of Kyler Murray or another coaching search. But I think that if he had two of a stronger head coach, an engaged quarterback, or a less-engaged owner, he'd be FINE. He's a C+ administrator, and I want my team to have better than that.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
lol dude

As a GM since...Arians left.

2018 was terrible but
-Signed Josh Bynes who is still in the league playing for the Ravens to a very smart contract
-Signed Justin Pugh who might be the best OL FA the Cardinals have signed since they moved to AZ
-Drafted Christian Kirk and Chase Edmonds

-Drafted Kyler Murray, Byron Murphy and Zach Allen
-Signed Jordan Hicks, Corey Peters
-Drafted Jalen Thompson
-Traded for Kenyan Drake

-Fleeced the Texans for Deandre Hopkins
-Got off the terrible David Johnson deal
-Signed Kelvin Beachum and Devondre Campbell
-Traded for Markus Golden

-Signed Colt McCoy, James Conner, JJ Watt and Matt Prater
-Drafted Collins, Moore and Wilson

These are all decent moves, and some actually good. Of course the bad have outweighed them by a significant margin.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Again, this isn't to argue that Keim is good or even league average. He isn't. He isn't even a good person from reports. He should have been fired after 2018. But, he has made some good moves which is why Bidwill can argue to keep him around (even if I don't agree with the argument).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
As a GM since...Arians left.

2018 was terrible but
-Signed Josh Bynes who is still in the league playing for the Ravens to a very smart contract
-Signed Justin Pugh who might be the best OL FA the Cardinals have signed since they moved to AZ
-Drafted Christian Kirk and Chase Edmonds

-Drafted Kyler Murray, Byron Murphy and Zach Allen
-Signed Jordan Hicks, Corey Peters
-Drafted Jalen Thompson
-Traded for Kenyan Drake

-Fleeced the Texans for Deandre Hopkins
-Got off the terrible David Johnson deal
-Signed Kelvin Beachum and Devondre Campbell
-Traded for Markus Golden

-Signed Colt McCoy, James Conner, JJ Watt and Matt Prater
-Drafted Collins, Moore and Wilson

These are all decent moves, and some actually good. Of course the bad have outweighed them by a significant margin.
I think the lack of good players before the past few years is what really hurts the Cardinals the most. Not a ton of second contract guys.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I actually kind of agree that Keim isn't a "complete train wreck" in putting this roster together. He's not Dave Gettleman. He's not Ryan Pace. He's not Sashi Brown.

The draft picks don't look immediately ridiculous most of the time. We make trades that seem to make sense. The draft picks get signed on time. He's okay with the media.

I think that's a reason why a lot of people who were here from the real bad old days are hesitant to really throw him in the dumpster, no matter how much his results would indicate it's past time.

I don't want to trust Keim with another year of Kyler Murray or another coaching search. But I think that if he had two of a stronger head coach, an engaged quarterback, or a less-engaged owner, he'd be FINE. He's a C+ administrator, and I want my team to have better than that.
God no!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good job they paid him $7m per year then.

Everything you said is true, no need to embelish it with bad numbers.

Of course had they not signed him all the same people would be shouting "Why didn't you resign the guy that had 1100 scrimmage yards and 18 TD's! Keim is dumb"

Derrick Henry couldn't run behind this beat up O line with a passing YPA so low the defense just plays the underneath.