Cards RELEASE Eno Benjamin

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bullcrap, solid means he belongs in this league and is average which he is and knows the system. I have high hopes for Ingram but Eno is still more proven till that happens. Eno is replaceable, but not up to the same easy transition since we are knee deep into the season and one needs to know the offense. He can start in stretches, and he was probably not complaining about not being the main back but wanting at least some touches which he was not given, but I do see why the Cards released him because he probably went off after a win and he is just average for his role
I also do not think the size factor makes him automatically a liability because I saw a back named Stump Mitchell play for the Cards who weighed in usually around a whopping 185 lbs playing in a league which was much more brutal, and he did not miss much time being highly productive. I will give Eno his due, not good or great, but he is a solid for what he is. Do not mind the release because Williams if healthy is just as solid if not more with experience and you have the potential in Ingram

He can't pass protect. He has a drop issue and he doesn't play teams. There are all things 2nd string backs need to do. Especially ones that are modeled as 3rd down backs.

I would not be surprised to see Eno out of the league within 2 years.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I liked Eno. He was an underdog and seemed like a great guy that you could cheer for. And the fact that he was an ASU guy endeared him to the local fans. But I don’t think he was going to be an everydown running back for the Cardinals or any team for that matter. Like most people, for me its a head scratching move at this point in the season but at least he landed somewhere. I think Cris Carter once said the best thing that ever happened to him was getting cut by Buddy Ryan and the Eagles. Turned out pretty good for Cris Carter. Not that Eno will end up in the hall of fame, but maybe this will motivate him and inspire him in Houston and wherever his career takes him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I liked Eno. He was an underdog and seemed like a great guy that you could cheer for. And the fact that he was an ASU guy endeared him to the local fans. But I don’t think he was going to be an everydown running back for the Cardinals or any team for that matter. Like most people, for me its a head scratching move at this point in the season but at least he landed somewhere. I think Cris Carter once said the best thing that ever happened to him was getting cut by Buddy Ryan and the Eagles. Turned out pretty good for Cris Carter. Not that Eno will end up in the hall of fame, but maybe this will motivate him and inspire him in Houston and wherever his career takes him.
There is a broad spectrum of roles
Between Ladanian Tomlinson and Marcel Shipp.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Davis Mills 'excited' for Eno Benjamin to join Texans offense​

The Houston Texans brought in third-year running back Eno Benjamin vis waiver claim this week, and the team is already looking forward to getting him involved in the offense. In the team’s media availability session following Wednesday’s practice, quarterback Davis Mills addressed Benjamin’s arrival, and made it clear that the running back would be a welcome addition to his unit.

“I’m excited for him,” Mills told reporters on Wednesday. “I think he’s going to be here for practice tomorrow. He’s another really talented player to add to that running back room. I heard he’s a really good pass catcher out of the backfield as well, so just excited for another way to attack defenses and switch up the looks.”

Mills’ excitement is certainly understandable, as the move to claim Benjamin was a clear indication that the Texans intend to lean into their run-first mentality by beefing up their backfield with another capable ball carrier. Rookie sensation Dameon Pierce won’t see his workload dwindle with the signing, but Houston’s new insurance policy on his production is sure to pay dividends later in the season should injuries become a concern.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently Hard Knocks director mentioned that we will get to see shocking moment that caused Eno to be released in episode 3.

Figured as much considering this week was all about the Rams game and he didn’t get released till the day after.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some comments from the HBO Hard Knocks director.

Jeremy Cluff Arizona Republic:

"Absolutely. I would say. We were hearing a lot that he was a fan favorite, being a hometown guy." Riley added. I'll say yes, stay tuned and watch Show 3."

After being asked for more details on Benjamin and his release, Riley said: "It was shocking to me, yeah, I will say that. For us, yes. That have been documenting and doing these shows for a while, yeah, it was a little shocking."

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"Absolutely. I would say. We were hearing a lot that he was a fan favorite, being a hometown guy." Riley added. I'll say yes, stay tuned and watch Show 3."

After being asked for more details on Benjamin and his release, Riley said: "It was shocking to me, yeah, I will say that. For us, yes. That have been documenting and doing these shows for a while, yeah, it was a little shocking."

Shocking? They’re good at teasing this out.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That should say it all really. It can't be getting cut that was shocking, they have seen that 100 times. Must be what Eno said or did.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Discontent players can destroy a position room. Eno isn't good enough to cause discontent. This is crazy this thread has gone on for 12 pages (almost 13). We will see what he did soon.
Perhaps it's gone for so many pages because of who Eno is... Again, he never was a malcontent. Ever. He is universally loved and respected as being a leader, the type of player teams loved to have in the locker room.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Perhaps it's gone for so many pages because of who Eno is... Again, he never was a malcontent. Ever. He is universally loved and respected as being a leader, the type of player teams loved to have in the locker room.

Maybe but I'm pretty sure it's 13 pages because many want to blame the Org

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This thread is about Eno, not Larry Fitzgerald lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Come on now I’m not saying Eno is any kind of bad guy overall. But what you just said above sounds like hyperbole. I follow the Cardinals pretty close can you show anything that says he is absolutely universally loved and a leader??? I’ve never heard him referred to as a “leader” in that locker room. Kyler sure didn’t look too broken up about it when asked… He said “yea we were friends and it surprised me” but with pretty near zero emotion.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yup…. They may be too blame too. 100% No doubt about it. But I’m not just so easily willing to write off what Eno did until there’s proof or we have some sort of firm idea of what happened and what was said. It might not just be what was said on the sideline with the assistant coach it could be what happened afterward in a meeting with him whithbthe sit down to talk. You never know how bad or heated it got from him….

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Come on now I’m not saying Eno is any kind of bad guy overall. But what you just said above sounds like hyperbole. I follow the Cardinals pretty close can you show anything that says he is absolutely universally loved and a leader??? I’ve never heard him referred to as a “leader” in that locker room. Kyler sure didn’t look to broken up about it when asked… He said “yea we were friends and it surprised me” but with pretty near zero emotion.
Utterly not backed up by....anything.

I liked Eno. He was a good story and I loved him as a Sun Devil (though I probably like X Valladay even more). But anyone who has worked in a military like environment, which football is similar to, knows you can't keep discontents around. If he is yelling, screaming, calling coaches personal slurs, he's gotta go. That destroys the superior-subordinate relationship, destroys discipline.

The biggest mistakes I've ever made in my Army career has been getting too close to Soldiers or letting discipline infractions slide.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Utterly not backed up by....anything.

I liked Eno. He was a good story and I loved him as a Sun Devil (though I probably like X Valladay even more). But anyone who has worked in a military like environment, which football is similar to, knows you can't keep discontents around. If he is yelling, screaming, calling coaches personal slurs, he's gotta go. That destroys the superior-subordinate relationship, destroys discipline.

The biggest mistakes I've ever made in my Army career has been getting too close to Soldiers or letting discipline infractions slide.

I can't wait until the X Valladay thread.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played here locally for years before joining the Cardinals and was a fan favorite in that people were pulling for him to get playing time and excel at what he does. It is not surprising that there are so many pages discussing why he may have suddenly been released with no clear explanation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose