Seahawks at Cardinals gameday thread 11-6-22

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Just stated the obvious he was in shotgun no way for him to throw it backward to Dortch lined up on the line, if your gonna run it he has to know to throw it laterally or backwards to Connor just common sense…
Encapsulates the 2022 Cardinals.

We failed to execute on a poorly designed and idiotic play.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Just stated the obvious he was in shotgun no way for him to throw it backward to Dortch lined up on the line, if your gonna run it he has to know to throw it laterally or backwards to Connor just common sense…
Given we throw the ball at or behind the LOS more than anyone else in the NFL, I wouldnt say it was obvious. Also, wasn’t it like 3rd and 16, the second pass being forward makes a lot more sense in this down and distance scenario.

Also, just for the record, I’m a STH and was at the game, so didn’t have the benefit of whatever replays they showed on TV. It sounds like Dortch messed up, just surprised me since Dortch throwing downfield made more sense to me in the situation. Saying he “blamed” Dortch was a little editorializing on my part, too.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Proof of the presser? Listened to it on the radio on 98.7 on way home from the game (they broke away from caller on Cardinal Talk to air it).

Proof of if anyone was behind LOS? I was asking and not telling.
That cost us the game…. Sure.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I miss the Kent Graham yrs talk bout some card like Murray gms!!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Oh I know. I wasn’t directing that at you or really anybody. I just thought it was silly to bring up a play that is a mere blip in comparison to the flaws on this team.
I thought him blaming his receiver publicly was noteworthy, not the play itself. Especially because, before others chimed in, I wasn’t sure that was even correct without knowing where other players were on the field.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
It was a designed play, not a scramble drill. If Dortch was supposed to throw it backwards, someone should have been backwards to catch the pass. I don’t know if anyone was or not, that was my question. It is very possible Dortch was at fault on that play, but if so someone h should have been behind the LOS to be ready for a catch.
Connor was behind the LOS. He had to go approximately 4-5 yds to catch the ball

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
It’s crazy how much talent is on this team.
KM
Hop
Hollywood
Connor
Ertz
Humphreys
JJ
Allen
Budda
Murphy
Moore?
Thompson?
Simmons?
Collins?
That’s possibly 14 out of 22 starters that, if on a well coached team would be better players. But this coaching staff can’t make it happen.
Time to clean house!

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully this ends the silliness about relying on a 6th and 7th round rookies for the offensive line next season and any silliness about taking anything other than the best offensive lineman in the first round.
Eh, I’d still go EDGE/Pass-Rusher in the first.

There’s something there with Cam Thomas, but I don’t think I’ll ever see it with Myjai. Need an Alpha there. But if Myjai were to blossom, that would be great.

Now, I’m Center in Round Two & RT with one of our 3rd round picks(or flip them around).

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hopefully this ends the silliness about relying on a 6th and 7th round rookies for the offensive line next season and any silliness about taking anything other than the best offensive lineman in the first round.
I only saw the second half, But Simth looked fine for me. He held his stands most of the time and was much more reliable than both Price & Ford. Beachum needs to be benched yesterday.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Encapsulates the 2022 Cardinals.

We failed to execute on a poorly designed and idiotic play.
Didn't we mess up the exact same play last year at the playoff game? Kirk threw a forward pass to Conner as Dortch did today.

Ironically we throw necessary behind LOS all the time and the only time we actually need a backward pass they can't do it.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only saw the second half, But Simth looked fine for me. He held his stands most of the time and was much more reliable than both Price & Ford. Beachum needs to be benched yesterday.

Yeah Lecitus got a false start penalty but it was actually Price's fault IMO everyone moved but Price didn't snap the ball and they called it on Smith is how I saw it

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sample size is large enough for Kyler. He is never going to be great. I know everything isn't his fault but he is just going to be that guy that is good enough to give you great games here and there but then just frustrate you with the stupid in-between the occasional great game. He doesn't suck for sure but he will never be a Tier 1 QB. Never. Matching that with Kliff? This team isn't going anywhere under this front office and coaching staff and we can't afford to be underwhelming at the same time between our franchise QB and the Front Office/Coaching staff.

Good post

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave