Seahawks at Cardinals gameday thread 11-6-22

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sample size is large enough for Kyler. He is never going to be great. I know everything isn't his fault but he is just going to be that guy that is good enough to give you great games here and there but then just frustrate you with the stupid in-between the occasional great game. He doesn't suck for sure but he will never be a Tier 1 QB. Never. Matching that with Kliff? This team isn't going anywhere under this front office and coaching staff and we can't afford to be underwhelming at the same time between our franchise QB and the Front Office/Coaching staff.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
What I would give to have Coach Mac back....crying his eyes out telling us all about the fabric of a player

Yeah I was thinking about that team today too. Big difference between 2000 and 2022 is that this year's version of the Cardinals has way more talent.

In both cases though, I don't think we're a well coached football team.

Two weird stats co-existing at the same time kind of bear this out too. SEA was 10/15 on 3rd down today, including converting their last seven in a row.

Also, we scored our league leading 5th defensive touchdown.

The Cardinal's have lot's of play makers on who frequently make big plays, but over sixty minutes, we still look like a pretty bad football team. I'm pretty sure that's coaching.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Kyler blamed Dortch for the double forward pass at his presser, saying Dortch needed to throw it backward. Was anyone even behind the line of scrimmage?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nope. Not counting on it, at least as long as Keim is GM.
Yep. If the coach isn't some well respected winner and alpha type like Payton than it will just be rinse and repeat... This team is so lost at the the top that they need to get heads out of asses and hire someone who can build and they'll listen to. Only saying the last part because we all know Keim isn't going anywhere.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully this ends the silliness about relying on a 6th and 7th round rookies for the offensive line next season and any silliness about taking anything other than the best offensive lineman in the first round.

The fear is we need more interior OL and that's not the strength of this draft. Neither really is Tackles.

I think we'll end up taking an edge, a DT or a CB. We do have some pieces on the defense. Zach, Budda, Jalen, Byron all are good players, we have to redo Zach. Zaven and Isaiah are showing enough they're keepers at this point. I think Cam Thomas looks like a keeper, Myjai sanders has some talent. But we need help at DT, Edge and CB.

We've spent a ton of money on the offense. If there's a good OL there in the first round yeah take them if not get another piece to add to the defense and then try and get C and Guard.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The fear is we need more interior OL and that's not the strength of this draft. Neither really is Tackles.

I think we'll end up taking an edge, a DT or a CB. We do have some pieces on the defense. Zach, Budda, Jalen, Byron all are good players, we have to redo Zach. Zaven and Isaiah are showing enough they're keepers at this point. I think Cam Thomas looks like a keeper, Myjai sanders has some talent. But we need help at DT, Edge and CB.

We've spent a ton of money on the offense. If there's a good OL there in the first round yeah take them if not get another piece to add to the defense and then try and get C and Guard.
This OT class is actually really good.

It’s not exactly Wirfs/Becton/Wills/Thomas, but it’s not too far behind.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Proof of the presser? Listened to it on the radio on 98.7 on way home from the game.

Proof of if anyone was behind LOS? I was asking and not telling.
Yes, of the presser.

I feel like something like that would actually catch traction like the “You gotta be up to speed when you’re playing with me” or whatever Kyler said over a month ago. I don’t see that anywhere.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler blamed Dortch for the double forward pass at his presser, saying Dortch needed to throw it backward. Was anyone even behind the line of scrimmage?

They don't have to be. Essentially that's a play late in teh game where you just keep lateralling the ball, as long as they're backwards it's legal. And people can be downfield too because you already threw the forward pass.

I'm convinced that was Kliff's trick on that play, the first pass is forward then throw it backwards to Conner with blocking in front, totally legal. But that's an awfully long throw to expect a Wr to do correctly and he didn't.

But I fully believe Dortch screwed that play up not Kyler. But I don't think it matters we would have lost anyways

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They don't have to be. Essentially that's a play late in teh game where you just keep lateralling the ball, as long as they're backwards it's legal. And people can be downfield too because you already threw the forward pass.

I'm convinced that was Kliff's trick on that play, the first pass is forward then throw it backwards to Conner with blocking in front, totally legal. But that's an awfully long throw to expect a Wr to do correctly and he didn't.

But I fully believe Dortch screwed that play up not Kyler. But I don't think it matters we would have lost anyways
Wouldn’t have matter anyways as if Dortch would have thrown it laterally Seattle would have been on it.. they just had poor tackling even w the forward pass head start

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

It was a designed play, not a scramble drill. If Dortch was supposed to throw it backwards, someone should have been backwards to catch the pass. I don’t know if anyone was or not, that was my question. It is very possible Dortch was at fault on that play, but if so someone h should have been behind the LOS to be ready for a catch.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was a designed play, not a scramble drill. If Dortch was supposed to throw it backwards, someone should have been backwards to catch the pass. I don’t know if anyone was or not, that was my question. It is very possible Dortch was at fault on that play, but if so someone h should have been behind the LOS to be ready for a catch.

Conner was but he had to come forward because the pass led him.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just stated the obvious he was in shotgun no way for him to throw it backward to Dortch lined up on the line, if your gonna run it he has to know to throw it laterally or backwards to Connor just common sense…

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This OT class is actually really good.

It’s not exactly Wirfs/Becton/Wills/Thomas, but it’s not too far behind.

Looking online most have 1 T in the first 10 picks, either Skoronski or Paris Johnson, both of whom started their college careers as guards which isn't very promising for a top 10 pick at OT.

But I am not following closely this year so maybe there are other guys I'm not seeing in mocks

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking online most have 1 T in the first 10 picks, either Skoronski or Paris Johnson, both of whom started their college careers as guards which isn't very promising for a top 10 pick at OT.

But I am not following closely this year so maybe there are other guys I'm not seeing in mocks
Olu Fashanu & Broderick Jones are set to be 1st round picks as well.

It’s a good, not great, class imo.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Olu Fashanu & Broderick Jones are set to be 1st round picks as well.

It’s a good, not great, class imo.

I saw them later in the first round in the mocks.

I guess it depends where we pick.

We have to improve the OL I fully agree but I do think I'd rather pick say Jalen Carter or a CB than reach for an OL because we need one.

But of course we do that every year and that's why our OL is so bad.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

What I like about it is there are multiple guys who have been good at several positions. We just need to start adding pieces.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose