Wk 9-Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals pregame thread. 10/31/22-11/5/22

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Then the week after McVay doesn't even need a weapon when Kliffy has a gun because Kliffy ***** his pants every time he faces him lol. The smell will be so bad he'll throw the weapon down & run lol.
It’s insane how much McVay owns this team. But what’s crazy to me is that even great coaches like McVay can get owned by other teams in the division. Have the 9ers win like 7 straight regular season games against them??

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For what it’s worth they were talking on 98.7 about how banged up the Cards have been. They are literally the most injured team this season after 8 weeks.

Does make you wonder what might be different if we had been playing with Hop, Hollywood, Conner, Hudson, & Prater the whole time.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
L

Lol your takes continue to be hot.. Joey B gets sacked so much bc he holds on to the ball foreeever been his knock since college. I’m a huge Joey B fan but his career will end early unless he develops an internal clock as he’s a statue.

Mahomes too is notorious for trying to extend the play hence his total of sacks.

Lastly I’m sure if I wasted the time to do research on messages on this board I’m sure you and Shane were also prob the crowd on another thread saying sacks aren’t everything in regards to our defensive pressure… believe it was in the Chandler Jones thread

Let’s go on facts pal.. the facts are he’s been hurried more than ANY QB in the league because of pressure. Period.
That beong said, I would much prefer the QB on my team having the toughness and determination to make and/or extend a play when pressurred rather than gets folded as soon as the defense breath on him.

Being hurried is a math problem. Hurry is defined as Qb being forced to go out of pocket or throw the ball before they supposes to. Let's assume the stats is accurate. Would it count as a hurry if the QB needs 5 seconds to make a decision or find target to throw but the pocket collapses after 4 seconds? If that's a hurry. Does that mean the Oline play bad? No. It means the QB sucks.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
L

Lol your takes continue to be hot.. Joey B gets sacked so much bc he holds on to the ball foreeever been his knock since college. I’m a huge Joey B fan but his career will end early unless he develops an internal clock as he’s a statue.

Mahomes too is notorious for trying to extend the play hence his total of sacks.

Lastly I’m sure if I wasted the time to do research on messages on this board I’m sure you and Shane were also prob the crowd on another thread saying sacks aren’t everything in regards to our defensive pressure… believe it was in the Chandler Jones thread

Let’s go on facts pal.. the facts are he’s been hurried more than ANY QB in the league because of pressure. Period.

What part of hurries are a sub set of pressure and the same site that counts the hurries says the pressure percentage is 24th least is difficult for you to grasp?

He has the same pressure % as 8-0 Jalen Hurts. 4 of 8 games he's had less than 12% pressure.

If you remove game 1 he's been pressured 14.69% of the other 7 games.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards Hard Knocks debut might be Geno Smith basically all but ending they season in week 9 lol

It doesn't start with this game mate. It starts at he beginning of the season. It's 9 weeks behind to start off with and usually covers a couple of weeks per episode so that by the end of the season it's pretty much caught up.

I would expect week 1 to cover some pre season and the Chiefs then Episode 2 to cover the Raiders and Rams.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seahawks at Cardinals

Seahawks WR DK Metcalf (knee) and WR Tyler Lockett (hamstring, ribs) are off the injury report, but WR Marquise Goodwin (groin) and LB Darrell Taylor (groin) have been ruled out.

S Budda Baker (ankle) and RB James Conner (ribs) headline a list of questionable Cardinals. LB Dennis Gardeck (ankle), T D.J. Humphries (back), and DE Jonathan Ledbetter (ribs) are also on that list. G Max Garcia (shoulder), C Rodney Hudson (knee), and CB Christian Matthew (hamstring) are listed as questionable.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It doesn't start with this game mate. It starts at he beginning of the season. It's 9 weeks behind to start off with and usually covers a couple of weeks per episode so that by the end of the season it's pretty much caught up.

I would expect week 1 to cover some pre season and the Chiefs then Episode 2 to cover the Raiders and Rams.

So we get to relive the entire first half of this agonizing season? Ughh! I suppose if we somehow pull out a win tomorrow it would make it alot more palatable.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This offense looks vastly different with D-Hop and this defense will look vastly different without Budda. If Budda does not play, we have just as much chance of winning as when we do not have D-Hop, those are just the facts of two players which this team cannot seem to overcome on their respective sides of the ball

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this debate about pressure on Kyler. So what can this offense do to help this?
1. Put Kyler under center with play action designed rollouts. Insane huh?
2. Always ALWAYS have a short crossing pattern as an automatic outlet.
3. Screens
4. Draw plays which would be more effective with KYLER UNDER CENTER.
5. Stop the negative one yard passes that put us in 2nd and long.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If we lose this game we'll be 3-6 and will need to win 7 of the next 8 just to get to 10 wins this year(and that just won't happen my friends!).

So, tomorrow's match up vs. SEA is officially a must win. Like @phillycard said previously, a loss tomorrow and we'll be done, so I think you may as well start playing the young players (do we have any young players? :) ) . Hell, throw Colt McCoy out there vs. the Rams next Sunday for all the difference it will make.

But also, it won't be the end of the world if we don't make the playoffs this season, as long we we can Trust Keim to properly rebuild the roster in the offseason (haha).

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Nahhh my eyes are just fine… His over all pressure % is 19% hardly “constant pressure” many times Kyler takes off when it’s not even necessary. Right about the league average.

He panics often unnecessarily…. @ajcardfan had a good point though there does seem to be 2-3 plays a game where a rusher comes in completely unblocked. Which is maddening.

It would not surprise me if this was common in almost every NFL game. Odds alone say there will be a couple of times where the defense calls the perfect play and has a rusher come in unblocked.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
L

Wow, this may be a historic post, one for the ages. Why bother with real facts when you can just make up alternative facts instead.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If we lose this game we'll be 3-6 and will need to win 7 of the next 8 just to get to 10 wins this year(and that just won't happen my friends!).

So, tomorrow's match up vs. SEA is officially a must win. Like @phillycard said previously, a loss tomorrow and we'll be done, so I think you may as well start playing the young players (do we have any young players? :) ) . Hell, throw Colt McCoy out there vs. the Rams next Sunday for all the difference it will make.

But also, it won't be the end of the world if we don't make the playoffs this season, as long we we can Trust Keim to properly rebuild the roster in the offseason (haha).
Yup
Lose and you revert to the familiar role of spoiler. :(

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How ill do you have to be to not be able to hoof a ball 4 times a game?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All this debate about pressure on Kyler. So what can this offense do to help this?
1. Put Kyler under center with play action designed rollouts. Insane huh?
2. Always ALWAYS have a short crossing pattern as an automatic outlet.
3. Screens
4. Draw plays which would be more effective with KYLER UNDER CENTER.
5. Stop the negative one yard passes that put us in 2nd and long.
You mean basically better playcalling and scheming yeah? Wouldn’t count in it KK like to keep doi mg the same **** that has proven to be ineffective…

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose