Cardinals at Vikings gameday thread 10-30-22

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's not the plays, per se, it's the time that he takes in selecting and then calling in the plays. Seems to always/often result in Kyler not having time to call and execute the play, thus having to call an early timeout. It shouldn't happen as often as it does. I look at it as by doing both jobs, it takes away time from both jobs. I know I'm not doing a VG job in explaining my position, but hope you understand my point.
Yep

Seems like there's an extra step in our communication process that means we are always pressed for time

Whether that's with Kliff, Kyler, the upstairs laptop brigade or the communication direct to the other players on field I have no idea.

Efficiency lacking.

Also wondered whether we don't have sequences of plays ready to go that are malleable depending on the down/yards required.

We seem to wait and see what happens each individual play then rush to decide what to do.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grounds for firing right there. Coaching malfeasance at its finest.

NOTE: I just posted this because I like the word malfeasance. But I do think Kliff needs to go.
But Britcard says it’s all Kyler and KK is not at fault! Trade for a better WR and he gets 7 snaps and AJ who shouldn’t even be on the field gets 37 snaps what a ******* joke! KK is a moron and his love affair with throwing sideways passes to Moore and game management alone should get him fired!

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes. And the solution bring Kyler wears a wristband should tell us all what the problem is.
Maybe the ******* problem is Kliff trying to rattle off instructions quickly and not getting **** in on time, which is what it looks like to most people except YOU! Doing this shows at least they are trying to fix it! Yo I think Kyler is yelling at Kliff and having to take time outs all the ******* time is because they got the right play in on time and had time to line everyone up? Jesus man your blind hatred is just stupid at this point. You spend so much time researching and pointing out just negative stuff you must be a joy to be around…

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I once again love Isaiah Simmons.

Posting this everywhere I see fit. <-- Wasn't joking

Warning, some NSFW language in the audio.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So it’s not just on offense that the cards have difficulty with this . . . institutional terrible game management. Starts with the head coach.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do we know it wasn't his idea? You keep saying the issue is he's forced to wear one, but reality is we are both speculating on that, at best.

Forced or chose. The problem is the same.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe the ******* problem is Kliff trying to rattle off instructions quickly and not getting **** in on time, which is what it looks like to most people except YOU! Doing this shows at least they are trying to fix it! Yo I think Kyler is yelling at Kliff and having to take time outs all the ******* time is because they got the right play in on time and had time to line everyone up? Jesus man your blind hatred is just stupid at this point. You spend so much time researching and pointing out just negative stuff you must be a joy to be around…

I mean, Kliff was yelling at Kyler because Kyler screwed up. Not vice versa.

The play is ALWAYS in with 15 seconds left on the clock at least so please tell me how it's Kliff's fault several times a game and how the solution to fixing Kliff is Kyler wearing a wristband.

I'll wait...

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm told by MANY people that most teams get their plays in with more than 20 seconds left. And that NO ONE takes longer than Kliff to do so. And that explains to me why we have so many plays that either result in delay of game penalties or are rushed as the clock nears zero. In Kliff's defense he's trying to do two jobs.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep

Seems like there's an extra step in our communication process that means we are always pressed for time

Whether that's with Kliff, Kyler, the upstairs laptop brigade or the communication direct to the other players on field I have no idea.

Efficiency lacking.

Also wondered whether we don't have sequences of plays ready to go that are malleable depending on the down/yards required.

We seem to wait and see what happens each individual play then rush to decide what to do.
Maybe we should ditch the Quality Control person, the Quality Assurance person, and the Quality Accountability person where plays have to filter through before they reach the field.

urs

All Star
Reaction score

The play is ALWAYS in with 15 seconds left on the clock at least so please tell me how it's Kliff's fault several times a game and how the solution to fixing Kliff is Kyler wearing a wristband.

I'll wait...
The play isn't "ALWAYS" in with 15 seconds left, that's just when the communication cuts off...which knowing what we know about Kliff is probably about half way through him calling the play. You are blinded by your hatred of Kyler here to not see this for what it is.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The play isn't "ALWAYS" in with 15 seconds left, that's just when the communication cuts off...which knowing what we know about Kliff is probably about half way through him calling the play. You are blinded by your hatred of Kyler here to not see this for what it is.

It is ALWAYS in before 15 seconds is up. It's literally the first thing that happens after the last play is over. Or they would call a time out at 14 seconds.

What they don't ever do is not call the play in time, go and line up like everything is fine and just stand there while the clock runs out before someone remembers they didn't get the play.

It's peak Kyler denial to think that this is anything other than a Kyler issue. You can tell a true Kyler homer when they try make out this is something else.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Sure, for all we know the wrist band could be there to make it easier for Kyler to call his own play if Kliff is too busy nervously staring at his play sheet to get it in on time. I don't think that's the case, but the claims that the wristband is there because of Kyler doing something wrong are also pure speculation. My theory based on what Kliff said is that it's just to make the process quicker for everybody. Kliff can just say a single word and then Kyler can read the intricacies of the play to the huddle so everybody knows their assignment.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
It is ALWAYS in before 15 seconds is up. It's literally the first thing that happens after the last play is over. Or they would call a time out at 14 seconds.

What they don't ever do is not call the play in time, go and line up like everything is fine and just stand there while the clock runs out before someone remembers they didn't get the play.

It's peak Kyler denial to think that this is anything other than a Kyler issue. You can tell a true Kyler homer when they try make out this is something else.
You are wrong. How do I know this? Kliff has said as much, that he has to be quicker and get plays in before the communication cuts. He's said it since his first year here, hasn't helped. Maybe the wristband will.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
I'll also add that giving everyone so many days off every week probably adds to the confusion in the huddle as Kyler has to explain every detail to each player who didn't practice that week, when the plays actually do get called in on time.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it’s several things and not one person. KK does at times seem too long to get the play in. KM does seem to not get the play Called quick enough out of the huddle, scan the field and position players. Our WRs and TEs seem confused more than normal where they need to initially line up. All this happens way more than it should. I like the idea of a wristband so KK doesn’t have to spit out a fifteen word play and just call a number for KM to find and call. Whatever the reason is we always seem to have one of these not in sync

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are wrong. How do I know this? Kliff has said as much, that he has to be quicker and get plays in before the communication cuts. He's said it since his first year here, hasn't helped. Maybe the wristband will.

He's said this once and it's typical "protect the QB" talk. It happens 2-3 times a game and every single time they are lined up at the LOS ready to go and Kyler just has no idea where the clock is forcing Kliff to call a timeout.

What do you think is happening here? Do you really think that Kliff doesn't get the play call in at all, the mic cuts out, they go and line up as if they have a play call and then suddenly realize they don't so just stand there frozen like a toy that hasn't been wound up?

If there was no play call they would call a timeout at 14 seconds.

urs

All Star
Reaction score
He's said this once and it's typical "protect the QB" talk. It happens 2-3 times a game and every single time they are lined up at the LOS ready to go and Kyler just has no idea where the clock is forcing Kliff to call a timeout.

What do you think is happening here? Do you really think that Kliff doesn't get the play call in at all, the mic cuts out, they go and line up as if they have a play call and then suddenly realize they don't so just stand there frozen like a toy that hasn't been wound up?

If there was no play call they would call a timeout at 14 seconds.
Yes, I do, as evidenced by Kyler looking at the sidelines while the play gets called via signals rather than the headset. Sorry bud, not EVERYTHING is Kyler's fault. Bad passes? Yes. Bad Sacks? Yes. Sliding early? Yep. See, plenty for you to go on about not this wild theory that he's too dumb and needs a wrist band.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This is from an excerpt article that is 10 years old on wrist bands QBs wear.

“I finally used it in Arizona,” said former St. Louis Rams, Arizona Cardinals and Giants quarterback Kurt Warner. “You’d love to have somebody call the play to you (via the helmet radio), so you get to hear it one time. And then you get to call it a second time, so it gets to process in your mind twice.”

“I definitely did enjoy having that,” Warner said. “Where I could spend more time at the line of scrimmage and seeing stuff and dictating stuff on my own.”

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'll wait...
Absolute nonsense you have no idea what’s happening, you’re just stating **** as fact when it’s not! Kliff has said himself many times I have to do a better job of getting plays in on time! What part of that don’t you grasp? Kyler is not blowing up yelling at his coach on national tv because everything was in on time. **** the whole offense doesn’t even know where to line up half the time that’s coaching dude! What the hell do these guys practice? This team is a walking penalty waiting to happen consistently that’s bad coaching! We mess up simple stuff all the time, we run stupid plays all the time, we waste timeouts all the time! Go ahead and tell us what KK does well? We will wait… have been for years now and he’s not gotten any better…

Reactions: urs

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Absolute nonsense you have no idea what’s happening, you’re just stating **** as fact when it’s not! Kliff has said himself many times I have to do a better job of getting plays in on time! What part of that don’t you grasp? Kyler is not blowing up yelling at his coach on national tv because everything was in on time. **** the whole offense doesn’t even know where to line up half the time that’s coaching dude! What the hell do these guys practice? This team is a walking penalty waiting to happen consistently that’s bad coaching! We mess up simple stuff all the time, we run stupid plays all the time, we waste timeouts all the time! Go ahead and tell us what KK does well? We will wait… have been for years now and he’s not gotten any better…

He's covering for his QB.

The plays are always in before 15 seconds. What part of that don't you understand?

Did Kyler just start wearing a wristband to help fix it because it's Kliff's fault?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose