All Other games 10/23-10/24

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Steelers are going to stink for a while. Pickett has an arm. Is it NFL caliber?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think Steelers are going to stink for a while. Pickett has an arm. Is it NFL caliber?
Pickett was a one year wonder in college with a superstar WR and all-senior OL. He’s a day two pick that went first rd because the Steelers were desperate. He’s nothing more than (coincidentally) a Mitch Trubisky type QB from his Chicago days.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Everything is early and rookies are tricky

FWIW, Seattle got absolutely killed for taking Walker.

How could they not take a QB there, that is their need. They are fine at RB, etc.

It was very clear that Carson's career was done - we've seen this many times in Seattle - sucks, but it happens

Then Walker gets hurt in camp and more noise.

Bottom line is they needed a back. Penny is on a 1 year deal and has had a ton of injuries. Carson done. Dallas and Homer are solid depth, but it doesn't work when they need to be THE option

So far, so good with Walker

He thankfully healed up and started to get touches before Penny got injured.

Penny wasn't exactly conceding touches either. Was on pace for over 1,500 yards at 6 ypc. He's just snakebite after a very durable college career

RB is tricky and can change game to game, year to year

Walker will need to develop on passing downs and adjust to the adjustments that will come his way and most importantly stay healthy

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We never should have let him leave our premises.
I thought we were too good to hire him because we dominated him during his tenure on the Eagles. Articles were being written saying you don’t hire a coach you dominated. I guess hindsight is 20/20 :(

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
SF defence vs KC: 44 pts - 529 yards

AZ defence vis KC: 44 pts - 488 yards

*some say that SF has a Super Bowl ready defence capable of bringing pressure with just four, yada, yada.
I believe Niners D was ranked number 1 going into yesterday. They also had numerous injuries. When they are reasonably healthy the D is very good. Wouldn’t judge them on one game vs. Chiefs.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I believe Niners D was ranked number 1 going into yesterday. They also had numerous injuries. When they are reasonably healthy the D is very good. Wouldn’t judge them on one game vs. Chiefs.

Sure, and I wouldn't over-emphasize our results against KC, either.

Unlike SF, we didn't have a half dozen tapes to analyse going in.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

*some say that SF has a Super Bowl ready defence capable of bringing pressure with just four, yada, yada.
I thought I read that SF was missing 6 starters on their D? They still came out strong early on, but Mahomes/Reid, as great as they are, exposed their injury riddled secondary.

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think so. Panthers offense looks just as bad as when we played them, their defense looks the same. I think the Bucs miss having Bruce Arians around.
I agree, have not seen anything from Leftwich that he could be a good OC.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

And this was done with Vance running schemes that everyone knows the Chiefs feast one (i.e., blitzing Mahomes).

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Am I the only one who was actually encouraged by the play of the NFC this weekend compared to us? Sheez, besides the eagles and mayyyybe the Giants, who really is about that life? I mean we still suck but so does everyone else.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Makes you think that maybe Wilson was holding the team back...
He most certainly was. Pete ball makes so much sense now. They focused on the run game and deep ball because that's what Wilson is good at. There's a reason the Seahawks offense has looked basically the same through 3 different offensive coordinators.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort