My take on Kyler, Kliff and Keim

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll give a summary about each of the 3 & where I stand:

Kyler - He looks broken. This is not what you want to see from a QB that just signed a huge extension. Does he seem content where he’s at? That could be possible. Could he be un-coachable? That also could be possible. Could he be toxic as well? There are signs showing he could be. However, we will never know until we bring a different regime that will get a better feel when it comes to him. If he stays like this with a new regime, then obviously, you try to trade him to the highest bidder. I do believe his dad plays a part in his personality than some would believe. From his arrogance to his God-like personality. You look up information about Jalen Hurts’ dad & see the person he has molded Jalen to be. Also helps having Nick Saban as a boss. Kyler needs to be checked. Lincoln Riley & Kliff Kingsbury are too laid-back to do such a thing. I’m not saying be a damn drill sergeant, but have some heart-to-heart, 1 to 1 conversation because I assuming they don’t even do that. It’s up to Kyler to change his way. Can’t hood your hand.

Kliff - Personality-wise, I actually like Kliff. He gives all the credit to the players & coaching staff. Unlike Arians, he takes blame & just doesn’t throw it all on his players. However, he is not the HC Arians was. It’s clear that he appears to not be the man for the job. From the constant game management errors, to the lack of pre-snap motion, to being fixated not moving WRs around constantly. You listen to a good amount of well-informed podcasts that talk about Kliff Kingsbury & points out these same exact flaws. You hear how they constantly talk about his playbook & how he runs mesh way too many times & has not diversified his passing game over the years. You go back & look at the evidence of QBs that played with Kliff, play better once they left him. How do you not give Dortch any PT on offense despite being the most consistent weapon for the early quarter of the season? Because Rondale came back? You can make them both work! He might get plucked by Shanahan or McVay, but it’s clear he’s just not cut out for it anymore.

Keim - Easily the biggest cancer when it comes to the organization. From the constant draft misses to idiotic FA signings. He has no clue what positional value is & runs a team like it’s 1994. Really troubling that him & the coaching staff doesn’t see eye-to-eye like they should. Instances like declaring outright that Zaven will be starting from his rookie year & to the coaching staff not trusting a kicker to make FGs. Not using premium picks on the trenches where that’s an area we have lacked big time while Keim has been the GM. We gotta remember Keim fielded one of the worst offenses in league history & had the number 1 overall pick before Kliff & Kyler even got here. He’s reactionary & never has a plan. Can’t even tell what the vision of this team is & haven’t been able to for a while. I honestly believe no matter who the HC & QB are, we will never be a consistent contender. Not under Keim. If you can’t see eye-to-eye with numerous HCs over the years, then what’s the point of you being GM? The day Keim gets fired will be a day a dark cloud will be gone from the franchise, but Bidwill could be that dark cloud so who knows?

That’s just my input on all 3. Just a lot of dysfunction & frustration.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Kyler - He looks broken. This is not what you want to see from a QB that just signed a huge extension. Does he seem content where he’s at? That could be possible. Could he be un-coachable? That also could be possible. Could he be toxic as well? There are signs showing he could be. However, we will never know until we bring a different regime that will get a better feel when it comes to him. If he stays like this with a new regime, then obviously, you try to trade him to the highest bidder. I do believe his dad plays a part in his personality than some would believe. From his arrogance to his God-like personality. You look up information about Jalen Hurts’ dad & see the person he has molded Jalen to be. Also helps having Nick Saban as a boss. Kyler needs to be checked. Lincoln Riley & Kliff Kingsbury are too laid-back to do such a thing. I’m not saying be a damn drill sergeant, but have some heart-to-heart, 1 to 1 conversation because I assuming they don’t even do that. It’s up to Kyler to change his way. Can’t hood your hand.

Kliff - Personality-wise, I actually like Kliff. He gives all the credit to the players & coaching staff. Unlike Arians, he takes blame & just doesn’t throw it all on his players. However, he is not the HC Arians was. It’s clear that he appears to not be the man for the job. From the constant game management errors, to the lack of pre-snap motion, to being fixated not moving WRs around constantly. You listen to a good amount of well-informed podcasts that talk about Kliff Kingsbury & points out these same exact flaws. You hear how they constantly talk about his playbook & how he runs mesh way too many times & has not diversified his passing game over the years. You go back & look at the evidence of QBs that played with Kliff, play better once they left him. How do you not give Dortch any PT on offense despite being the most consistent weapon for the early quarter of the season? Because Rondale came back? You can make them both work! He might get plucked by Shanahan or McVay, but it’s clear he’s just not cut out for it anymore.

Keim - Easily the biggest cancer when it comes to the organization. From the constant draft misses to idiotic FA signings. He has no clue what positional value is & runs a team like it’s 1994. Really troubling that him & the coaching staff doesn’t see eye-to-eye like they should. Instances like declaring outright that Zaven will be starting from his rookie year & to the coaching staff not trusting a kicker to make FGs. Not using premium picks on the trenches where that’s an area we have lacked big time while Keim has been the GM. We gotta remember Keim fielded one of the worst offenses in league history & had the number 1 overall pick before Kliff & Kyler even got here. He’s reactionary & never has a plan. Can’t even tell what the vision of this team is & haven’t been able to for a while. I honestly believe no matter who the HC & QB are, we will never be a consistent contender. Not under Keim. If you can’t see eye-to-eye with numerous HCs over the years, then what’s the point of you being GM? The day Keim gets fired will be a day a dark cloud will be gone from the franchise, but Bidwill could be that dark cloud so who knows?

On thing regarding Kliff that I wonder (and this isn't to absolve him at all), what if his offensive scheme is so bland and stagnant because that is the only scheme Kyler can mentally run? What if the scheme doesn't evolve because Kyler can't handle the evolution? None of that absolves Kliff of being the one who is in charge of getting Kyler to that level, but does that have more validity as we see Kyler regress while in the most simple of schemes?

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On thing regarding Kliff that I wonder (and this isn't to absolve him at all), what if his offensive scheme is so bland and stagnant because that is the only scheme Kyler can mentally run? What if the scheme doesn't evolve because Kyler can't handle the evolution? None of that absolves Kliff of being the one who is in charge of getting Kyler to that level, but does that have more validity as we see Kyler regress while in the most simple of schemes?
Then you get rid of Kyler to the highest bidder. That’s it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I was thinking that, too. Maybe the idea is that we just simplified everything down to the bare bones.

The point of the Air Raid is that it's simple enough to install with "student athletes" whose time on the field and in the classroom is limited by rules.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Then why is the offense mostly basic drop backs where Kyler has to read the defense and make progressions? Our offense is seriously designed for Tom Brady. Make it easy for him. Roll him out and scheme open a receiver for him to throw to. Look at what is drawn up for Hurts when they need to convert:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Then why is the offense mostly basic drop backs where Kyler has to read the defense and make progressions? Our offense is seriously designed for Tom Brady. Make it easy for him. Roll him out and scheme open a receiver for him to throw to. Look at what is drawn up for Hurts when they need to convert:

Was AJ brown schemed open, or did Hurts rolling out make him open (by pulling the Lbers)? This is the RPO offense the Eagle runs and its key is Hurts deciding whether to hand off or keep the ball. Hurts apparently made a great decision in this play. I saw the Cardinals ran RPO but every time Kyler's decision was just ...... not as smart as Hurts' (let's just leave it there).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was AJ brown schemed open, or did Hurts rolling out make him open (by pulling the Lbers)? This is the RPO offense the Eagle runs and its key is Hurts deciding whether to hand off or keep the ball. Hurts apparently made a great decision in this play. I saw the Cardinals ran RPO but every time Kyler's decision was just ...... not as smart as Hurts' (let's just leave it there).
Kyler also is not a good passer when on the run.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I don't know that asking about an undefeated team and it's offense as a reason of why ours is wrong.

The reason this play works is the threat of the run. We aren't running the ball well and Hurts runs the RPO action with significantly more deception than Kyler who looks like he is going through the motions.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Person I know thats close to Kyler's dad said there's a concern.

I've stayed outta defending Kyler as much cause he's been paid. Gotta get it done. However, his dad is pretty defiant that their current training/prep regime isnt the problem or a problem. Kyler is under his thumb and his dad isnt listening to anybody.

Maybe it isnt a problem. However, the fact they arent considering everything is a concern.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I've stayed outta defending Kyler as much cause he's been paid. Gotta get it done. However, his dad is pretty defiant that their current training/prep regime isnt the problem or a propblem. Kyler is under his thumb and his dad isnt listening to anybody.

Maybe it isnt a problem. However, the fact they arent considering everything is a concern.
I feel like this fits with all of the other things people are saying. Also pretty pathetic.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I've stayed outta defending Kyler as much cause he's been paid. Gotta get it done. However, his dad is pretty defiant that their current training/prep regime isnt the problem or a problem. Kyler is under his thumb and his dad isnt listening to anybody.

Please elaborate. I don't get the message here.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s pretty clear and there have been rumblings outside of this little inside tidbit. That Kyler only listens to his dad and his dad’s advice???
What else can we pile on to these Cardinals? Some of Kliff love life to spice things up to Nth level in time for HardKnocks?