A simple question...

Do you think Kyler is adequately prepared for games?

• Yes

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 50 94.3%

• Total voters

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of blame floating around but for me it boils down to one simple question.

Do you think Kyler is adequately prepared for games? And if not, what does anything else matter?

If your QB is not adequately prepared it doesn't matter what Kliff does, or how the running game or the O line performs. If your QB, who owns the offense on the field, is not adequately prepared for games then we have next to no chance of winning.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler has regressed this season. I think it both on Kliff and Kyler. Kliff needs to have a game plan that attack the weakness of the defense. He seems so stuck on his scripted plays and won't/can't makes adjustments. Kyler seems like his reading defenses skills have not progress to the point he should be. In Hudson first season, I believe he was the one reading the defenses and translating that to Kyler, hence our hot start. Now Kyler has the natural abilities to be a great QB. He needs to put in the mental work, and he could be nearly unstoppable.

So long answer long, no he is not prepared.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of blame floating around but for me it boils down to one simple question.

Do you think Kyler is adequately prepared for games? And if not, what does anything else matter?

If your QB is not adequately prepared it doesn't matter what Kliff does, or how the running game or the O line performs. If your QB, who owns the offense on the field, is not adequately prepared for games then we have next to no chance of winning.

No he's not but some of that is on Kliff. Why is that so hard?

Now Kyler makes more in one year on his new contract than Kliff makes in his entire contract, who do you think they're going to replace?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
When your quarterback believes that he has some natural ability to just step onto the playing field and become Carnac the Magnificent you have a problem. There are times it seems he would rather improvise than run actual designed plays. I truly believe Murray thinks he could win games playing sandlot football because he thinks he's that good. I do not believe a change in coaches would matter.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Adequately prepared has two facets KK (game plan) and KM (execution).

If 'A' is an abysmal failure, don't expect 'B' to save it.

True in war... true in football.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If Kliff isn’t getting through to Kyler he has to go. Kyler is more valuable than a struggling head coach.

If Kyler isn’t listening to Kliff, what other solution is there?

Ultimately the fault is with Michael and Keim. A lot of people here recognized the dynamic from the outside. Still, I’m not sure what additional value Kliff brings right now that you couldn’t get from, like, Dirk Koetter.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No he is not
But this happen if u have the wrong coach
When a coach over the years has a trend of losing games in the final stretch of the season means he doesn't have answers at all regarding his job, how can he have a positive impact on his qb and helping him getting better?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No he's not but some of that is on Kliff. Why is that so hard?

Now Kyler makes more in one year on his new contract than Kliff makes in his entire contract, who do you think they're going to replace?

Because he's not a rookie. 4th year vets getting paid $45m a year are not expected to have their hand held to do their job.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adequately prepared has two facets KK (game plan) and KM (execution).

If 'A' is an abysmal failure, don't expect 'B' to save it.

True in war... true in football.

I'm talking about the part where Kyler clearly can't read a defense. Is getting confused by what he is seeing (so not throwing the ball) and generally playing poorly.

He said "It's never felt so hard since I was a rookie". Well it only feels that way if you are not adequately prepared no? If your are prepared then it shouldn't be hard.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about the part where Kyler clearly can't read a defense. Is getting confused by what he is seeing (so not throwing the ball) and generally playing poorly.

He said "It's never felt so hard since I was a rookie". Well it only feels that way if you are not adequately prepared no? If your are prepared then it shouldn't be hard.

The game should be getting slower and much less complicated to him by now. He should understand complex defenses and coverages by now. But that might require actually studying.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Problem is, we have a poor tool/poor tools, a poor carpenter, a poor business manager that hired said carpenter, and a poor owner of the entire business. Not good on any level.

All the Kliff and Keim talk is a distraction for me. It's a separate issue. Keim should have gone some time ago. I'm more ambivalent on Kliff because frankly I don't see who replaces him that is better.

But I won't accept Kyler doesn't have the tools to be much better. Before Kyler broke him Hollywood was on track for 1400 yards. Ertz was on track for 800. Since Rondale has been back he's had 50 yards a game. Green is a ghost but then Kyler ignores him like he's been boning his mom.

Kyler had a higher passer rating, YPA and QBR as a rookie throwing to Fitz's corpse, Kirk, Pharoah Cooper and Dan Arnold. His starting O line contained Sweezy, Shipley and Justin Murray.

There's no offensive talent issue. A QB playing poorly makes everyone look bad.

What pisses me off the most is in his presser it's all WE. Not once did he call himself out. He finished the game with a pass that got his best friends ankle crushed and he still couldn't say "It's on me. I have to play better".

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What pisses me off the most is in his presser it's all WE. Not once did he call himself out. He finished the game with a pass that got his best friends ankle crushed and he still couldn't say "It's on me. I have to play better".
This

Be accountable and not involve anyone but yourself

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because he's not a rookie. 4th year vets getting paid $45m a year are not expected to have their hand held to do their job.

Holy crap you can keep sayign the same thing and I agree with you but take a step back and ask what do you expect the Cards to do, bench Kyler for 36 year old McCoy? That's not going to happen, they're going to try and get better play from Kyler and it's apparent that's not happening with Kliff in charge IMO.

I get that Kliff has to deal with Kylers' poor play but it goes both ways, you can't just have Kliff say "play better". Everytime we get on a roll Kliff calls some stupid college play that loses 5 yards and has that look on his face like man that always worked against Sam Houston State.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose