Wk6-Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pregame thread. 10/10/22-10/15/22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You can talk about two different things.

So does Kyler throw or not throw timing routes on 3rd and 1?

Not the type I'm referring to no.

Never even seen him throw a good comeback where the ball is out before the receiver turns back. In fact I've seen him throw quite a few late that's allowed them to be broke up.

If you see one let me know.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wait-- is Keenan Allen a Top 10 WR now? Sounds sus. Yes, five Pro Bowls (LOL), but just two top ten seasons in receiving yards and 0 seasons with double-digit TEs.

Not quite buying that.

Diggs didn't make a Pro Bowl UNTIL he was paired with Josh Allen.

We're waiting for Kyler to start showing that he can be an above-average NFL starter without a top-five-type WR.
"Horse and Carriage, they go together like Love and Marriage. You can't have one without the other."

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Burns is going to have a big market with back to back 9 sack seasons only playing 75% of snaps and a Pro Bowl.

And he's not even 25 for 7 months.

If they are openly shopping him like this then might be too rich for us.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I heard Antonio Hamilton wants nothing to do with Burns. Too soon?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well how many are on the street waiting their turn? And had there were 3 other teams with street
Kickers as well. Which is kind of unusual. I dont know the answers and not making excuses I seriously don’t know?
I would venture to guess there are a LOT more kickers out there than 3. And keim doesn’t have to exhaust them in his initial search, but when the dude that you signed ends up with Hershey stains in his drawers due to a 43 yard fg, with his record from 40+, maybe the next week you try out 4 more guys trying to improve instead of SIGNING the guy who just failed. I swear the team culture for the cardinals is “fail and we’ll reward you!”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
No, it's because he doesn't view the walkthrough as having a meaningful impact on how the team will play, and thinks the questions are silly.

The reason he thinks it is ridiculous is because he does not think he has any issue mentally comprehending the offense, and I don't think he does either.

If there are issues, it is with the plays called, and his ability to actually throw/see over the middle IMO.
Well this ends our conversation because it’s foundational to what we are discussing and I believe you’re way wrong here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Knowing the patterns being run, and being able to actually see the guy to acurately throw the ball are two different things. That's how.
Apparently you don’t get what cheese is saying. You can know the plays, but if you don’t practice them you don’t learn how, when and where to slide to gain the necessary sight and throwing lines/lanes necessary to make the play work.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would venture to guess there are a LOT more kickers out there than 3. And keim doesn’t have to exhaust them in his initial search, but when the dude that you signed ends up with Hershey stains in his drawers due to a 43 yard fg, with his record from 40+, maybe the next week you try out 4 more guys trying to improve instead of SIGNING the guy who just failed. I swear the team culture for the cardinals is “fail and we’ll reward you!”
It just screams laziness. Like Keim doesn't have it in him to use his rolodex.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Mullen still out. Wow.
How does a gm make two pre season trades where both players are injured? Both Mullen and the guard (Ford?) have yet to see a snap. If that doesn’t show major incompetence I don’t know what to say. Unless he knew they were injured which would be more idiotic

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does a gm make two pre season trades where both players are injured? Both Mullen and the guard (Ford?) have yet to see a snap. If that does show major incompetence I don’t know what to say. Unless he knew they were injured which would be more idiotic
Was Ford injured when he got here?

Even so, this is the epitome of a Keim time signing. Take injury riddled players and pray that the make an impact.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Burns is going to have a big market with back to back 9 sack seasons only playing 75% of snaps and a Pro Bowl.

And he's not even 25 for 7 months.

If they are openly shopping him like this then might be too rich for us.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Do it

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, it’s only week six and we are now facing our 3rd must-win game of the year.

They are 2 for 2 thus far with their backs against the wall. Let’s see if they can make it 3 for 3 and pull off the upset (I don’t care what the spread is, we are underdogs in this game).

I really despise saying this because it’s been addressed so much already, but all things considered, how can you not be ok with a 3-3 record and a motivated Hop returning to the lineup.

IF we can get back to .500, and I know that’s a big if, this team’s playoff hopes remain alive and well.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, it’s only week six and we are now facing our 3rd must-win game of the year.

They are 2 for 2 thus far with their backs against the wall. Let’s see if they can make it 3 for 3 and pull off the upset (I don’t care what the spread is, we are underdogs in this game).

I really despise saying this because it’s been addressed so much already, but all things considered, how can you not be ok with a 3-3 record and a motivated Hop returning to the lineup.

IF we can get back to .500, and I know that’s a big if, this team’s playoff hopes remain alive and well.
I'd bite your hand off for 3-3, tbh. To be fair, though, I don't think Hop will have the same level of impact immediately as a lot do. He'll take time to get up to speed.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's not unusual for kickers, who aren't the great kickers to have an up and down career. A good year, followed by a not so good. Not sure if that theory applies to games within a season.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals at Seahawks

The Cardinals have ruled out RB James Conner (ribs), CB Trayvon Mullen (hamstring), K Matt Prater (right hip), and RB Darrel Williams (knee). G Max Garcia (toe), C Rodney Hudson (knee), DT Rashard Lawrence (hand), and CB Byron Murphy (groin) are all listed as questionable.

The Seahawks will not have WR Penny Hart (hamstring) and they’re unlikely to have G Gabe Jackson (knee, hip) or DT Al Woods (knee) after listing them as doubtful. S Joey Blount (calf), CB Artie Burns (groin), WR D'Wayne Eskridge (illness), WR Marquise Goodwin (knee, back), and DE Shelby Harris (hip) are questionable for the home team.

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
And now Murphy on the injury report and questionable (groin)
Wow…how does this happen? During practice?…he just suddenly pops up on the injury report! Are there really this many injuries? It just never ends! Maybe they just list every ache and pain as an injury. This team is sure brittle!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose