Wk6-Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pregame thread. 10/10/22-10/15/22

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you know the patterns being run and how the play is supposed to be timed, you don't have to see the guy to accurately throw the ball to them. That's the point of practicing.
This as well.

But I guess as far as Proximo is concerned we should just throw up our hands and just move forward with the offense as currently limited because there’s no way to get around Kyler’s height.
( even tho we’ve seen small QB’s like Brees and Wilson excel with offenses that could run anything despite their QB’s size.)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No, it's because he doesn't view the walkthrough as having a meaningful impact on how the team will play, and thinks the questions are silly.

The reason he thinks it is ridiculous is because he does not think he has any issue mentally comprehending the offense, and I don't think he does either.

If there are issues, it is with the plays called, and his ability to actually throw/see over the middle IMO.
:shock:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure I buy the "Kyler needs more practice reps" argument. Not that it can hurt.

He's played with Brown before. Green and Dortch were here last season, as was Ertz for most of it.

And he's never really been a timing and rhythm QB. It's always been one of his issues. I can't ever recall him throwing a ball while the receiver wasn't staring him down. He's always been a "see open man, throw ball" QB.

He's just playing poorly. Seems largely mental but also some mechanics issues.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get we’re all frustrated with Kyler’s play, including myself, but you guys need to stop this mindset that QBs are going to keep up elite-level of play without a top 10 WR/TE on their team.

Is Josh Allen having the same level of play without Diggs?

Is Jalen Hurts having this breakout without AJ Brown?

Is Joe Burrow finishing with that hot play last season without Ja’Marr Chase?

Why Herbert hasn’t been that generational Herbert without Keenan?

Again, this is not excusing Kyler. He HAS to play better. However, I do hate & always hated this mindset that you should expect the same level of play without a star WR/TE.

I have super high standards for Kyler & obviously he’s not meeting them, but I also have super high standards for roster construction & obviously that hasn’t been met, either.

Also, DeAndre Hopkins is not a top 5 WR in 2022. Nobody outside of this forum considers him that anymore.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Most pivotal week of the season?

By this time next week we could be:
4-3 momentum behind us, D Hop back
2-5 season over

or 3-4 pretty much where we are now. A stay of execution

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I need more clarification on this: was Kyler taking questions from Kliff during the walkthrough and not understanding why the walkthrough was intense, or was him taking questions from the media about walkthrough and not understanding the media's passion toward it?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I get we’re all frustrated with Kyler’s play, including myself, but you guys need to stop this mindset that QBs are going to keep up elite-level of play without a top 10 WR/TE on their team.

Is Josh Allen having the same level of play without Diggs?

Is Jalen Hurts having this breakout without AJ Brown?

Is Joe Burrow finishing with that hot play last season without Ja’Marr Chase?

Why Herbert hasn’t been that generational Herbert without Keenan?

Again, this is not excusing Kyler. He HAS to play better. However, I do hate & always hated this mindset that you should expect the same level of play without a star WR/TE.

I have super high standards for Kyler & obviously he’s not meeting them, but I also have super high standards for roster construction & obviously that hasn’t been met, either.

Also, DeAndre Hopkins is not a top 5 WR in 2022. Nobody outside of this forum considers him that anymore.
Wait-- is Keenan Allen a Top 10 WR now? Sounds sus. Yes, five Pro Bowls (LOL), but just two top ten seasons in receiving yards and 0 seasons with double-digit TEs.

Not quite buying that.

Diggs didn't make a Pro Bowl UNTIL he was paired with Josh Allen.

We're waiting for Kyler to start showing that he can be an above-average NFL starter without a top-five-type WR.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I said statistically he's better. Weird thing to randomly bring up. Especially as he hasn't really played yet.
You did not. I'll find it later.

It's hilarious that you don't consider availability to be an important part of a player's profile.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait-- is Keenan Allen a Top 10 WR now? Sounds sus. Yes, five Pro Bowls (LOL), but just two top ten seasons in receiving yards and 0 seasons with double-digit TEs.

Not quite buying that.

Diggs didn't make a Pro Bowl UNTIL he was paired with Josh Allen.

We're waiting for Kyler to start showing that he can be an above-average NFL starter without a top-five-type WR.
Keenan is borderline when he’s on the field.

Stefon Diggs was stringing 1K yard seasons in a run heavy offense. He was already a house-hold talent before Buffalo traded multiple picks for him & before Josh Allen became a house hold talent.

Again, I doubt anyone outside of this forum & overall AZ fanbase still believes Hop is a top 5 WR, but that’s not the main point.

I’m waiting for Kyler to play at a top level too, but I’m not gonna act like missing a top WR is not going to effect his play like it wouldn’t for anyone else.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Burns is going to have a big market with back to back 9 sack seasons only playing 75% of snaps and a Pro Bowl.

And he's not even 25 for 7 months.

If they are openly shopping him like this then might be too rich for us.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's hilarious that you don't consider availability to be an important part of a player's profile.

I don't no. Because its largely random.

Mullen was healthy 2 full seasons and 5 games then had a leg injury that could happen to anyone.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure I buy the "Kyler needs more practice reps" argument. Not that it can hurt.

He's played with Brown before. Green and Dortch were here last season, as was Ertz for most of it.

And he's never really been a timing and rhythm QB. It's always been one of his issues. I can't ever recall him throwing a ball while the receiver wasn't staring him down. He's always been a "see open man, throw ball" QB.

He's just playing poorly. Seems largely mental but also some mechanics issues.
You're kidding right? You are the one that keeps complaining about Kyler throwing it to someone 1 on 1 on the sidelines on 3rd and 1 while the WR runs underneath it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Thinking about it, Mullen is the Raiders version of Byron Murphy.

Shown flashes, never been consistent enough, 4th year etc. Raiders not living in some fever dream where they pretend he's great though.

If anything Mullen has been better than Murphy so if you like Murphy you can't complain.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You're kidding right? You are the one that keeps complaining about Kyler throwing it to someone 1 on 1 on the sidelines on 3rd and 1 while the WR runs underneath it.

Yeah. That's not a practice issue after 3+ years in this scheme and 1+ years with these receivers.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. That's not a practice issue after 3+ years in this scheme and 1+ years with these receivers.
That's not what you were saying.

you said:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I was saying, and also the other thing. Two different points.
You can talk about two different things.

So does Kyler throw or not throw timing routes on 3rd and 1?