Our franchise QB

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s a thought. There was 25 seconds left when Kyler came up short. That’s plenty of time to make sure what was going on. A good coach would have had a play ready for the 3rd down. What would we have done if Kyler came up 5 yards short? Clocked it and try a 48 yard fg?
If they had the poise and got confirmation it was not a first down then really we should have left the clock run down to 3 seconds.
Not being ready with a play based on the results of second down is sad.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hard to say you get past the sticks like you’re supposed to and you easily have 2 More Plays to get much closer barring a penalty of course.
Potentially. Or Reddick dogwalks Beachum again, Kyler gets sacked as time expires and the board melts down even harder.

None of it would matter if they actually played real football in the 1st quarter instead of whatever they have been doing, though.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You want to reference all the other posts where I called it a dumb and unforgivable play?

In that moment though if you're being told by the guys on the sidelines and in the booth to clock it I think there's a lot of blame to go around.

Here’s a thought. There was 25 seconds left when Kyler came up short. That’s plenty of time to make sure what was going on. A good coach would have had a play ready for the 3rd down. What would we have done if Kyler came up 5 yards short? Clocked it and try a 48 yard fg?
If they had the poise and got confirmation it was not a first down then really we should have left the clock run down to 3 seconds.
Not being ready with a play based on the results of second down is sad.
Problem with Kyler is that we're counting on our star QB to be above sideline mishaps. Either he uses his skill and bounces it outside for the 1st/gets out of bounds. Or uses good judgement and glances at the chains/call for another play instead. Not to mention he slid short of the 1st. Star Qbs get teams outta tight spots.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Problem with Kyler is that we're counting on our star QB to be above sideline mishaps. Either he uses his skill and bounces it outside for the 1st/gets out of bounds. Or uses good judgement and glances at the chains/call for another play instead. Not to mention he slid short of the 1st. Star Qbs get teams outta tight spots.
Kyler is part of the problem for sure.

He’s also the least replaceable (fired college coaches with losing records and alcoholic general managers both grow on trees) so some simple reasoning says you dump those two and let their hopefully capable replacements make the call on Kyler. It’s really not difficult.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Kyler is part of the problem for sure.

He’s also the least replaceable (fired college coaches with losing records and alcoholic general managers both grow on trees) so some simple reasoning says you dump those two and let their hopefully capable replacements make the call on Kyler. It’s really not difficult.
No thanks. I don't want a coward like that leading my team. Fire KK and Keim and replace them with competent personnel (hopefully), then trade KM to a team dumb enough to offer up a haul, if there is a team that dumb. We're not going anywhere with KM so there's no point wasting another couple of years with him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kyler has completed 5 passes over 15 air yards all season. And 2 of those came in garbage time vs the Chiefs.

Kyler had games last year he'd have 5 in a game.

This is why he is bad and why the offense is bad. And it's not the receivers. We have seen those passes to receivers that are open. The one to Ertz in the final drive last night didn't even land in the same zip code.

Kyler's two greatest assets through 3 seasons have been his legs and his deep ball. And both are pretty much none existent at the moment.

Last edited:

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
Because we’re all hopelessly addicted.

How people still haven’t figured this out about die hard fans… the type of fans that waste a TON of time talking about the team, I don’t know what to tell them.
I’m 64 years old. Been a die hard Cardinal fan for 56 years. Been thru all the bad teams for a long ass time. I don’t resort to calling grown professionals trash, wussies, dumb asses, etc. It’s juvenile, and childish. I clearly don’t get it. The hatred for Murray by this fan base is mind blowing.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I’m 64 years old. Been a die hard Cardinal fan for 56 years. Been thru all the bad teams for a long ass time. I don’t resort to calling grown professionals trash, wussies, dumb asses, etc. It’s juvenile, and childish. I clearly don’t get it. The hatred for Murray by this fan base is mind blowing.

1000% - the vitriol on this board makes it almost unbearable.

Post of the year.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We call 'em like we see 'em. I mean, I don't know what you consider a player too afraid to put his body on the line to win a game, but, regardless on if it's posted or not, the opinions are still going to be there. This is a message board, after all, and long-suffering Cards fans have every right to vent.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Never said that.

Sorry if I misquoted you.

I've got to stay away from the Murray threads man. They really bring out the worst in me. A lot of the stuff is unfair, and then I end up defending some of the marginal stuff that he does just because I'm the type that likes to stick up for the players. Anyway, beers are me if we ever meet Krang! Have a good week!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You guys are ridiculous with your constant criticism.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I mean, if we had the records of either of those terms, or were in the playoffs like those teams then Kyler would have earned more leeway.

As it is he's playing very poorly, so doesn't have the credit built up to get away with such a boneheaded move in a 2 minute drill.

Plus, it's a tough physical sport and it just goes against the grain to watch your QB give himself up 5 yards short of the defender like that when going for the win. Take the hit man, be a hero. It's a CB, not a linebacker. In fact more than take the hit, smash him into the ground and try get the TD. But definitely don't slide half a yard short of the 1st down and then spike the ball.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Watch the highlights of Minnesota down 1 driving for the game winning score against Chicago. 3rd and 5, Kirk Cousins puts his head down with defenders around and dives for the 1st. Vikes win.
Hell, oft injured Zach Wilson put his head down and fought through defenders for a TD.

Do you think Mahomes, Allen, Herbert, or any other of the top paid QB's slide in that situation? I'm guessing there's not another QB in the league that slides there. There's absolutely no excuse for sliding. The spike doesn't bother me nearly as much and was on Murray AND the coaches. A competent staff would've saw he was short and yelled into the headset, run a play.

Mark22

VBhoopcoach
Reaction score
I mean, if we had the records of either of those terms, or were in the playoffs like those teams then Kyler would have earned more leeway.

As it is he's playing very poorly, so doesn't have the credit built up to get away with such a boneheaded move in a 2 minute drill.

Plus, it's a tough physical sport and it just goes against the grain to watch your QB give himself up 5 yards short of the defender like that when going for the win. Take the hit man, be a hero. It's a CB, not a linebacker. In fact more than take the hit, smash him into the ground and try get the TD. But definitely don't slide half a yard short of the 1st down and then spike the ball.
Devils advocate. GB game last year Kyler dove trying to score at the end of the game. Ankle injury. How’d that work out for us the rest of the season?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Devils advocate. GB game last year Kyler dove trying to score at the end of the game. Ankle injury. How’d that work out for us the rest of the season?

But he didn't pick that up running. Which just shows you can get injured any time no matter what you do.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We call 'em like we see 'em. I mean, I don't know what you consider a player too afraid to put his body on the line to win a game, but, regardless on if it's posted or not, the opinions are still going to be there. This is a message board, after all, and long-suffering Cards fans have every right to vent.

You missed the point

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler has completed 5 passes over 15 air yards all season. And 2 of those came in garbage time vs the Chiefs.

Kyler had games last year he'd have 5 in a game.

This is why he is bad and why the offense is bad. And it's not the receivers. We have seen those passes to receivers that are open. The one to Ertz in the final drive last night didn't even land in the same zip code.

Kyler's two greatest assets through 3 seasons have been his legs and his deep ball. And both are pretty much none existent at the moment.
Facts

PlayerHater

Veteran
Reaction score
I think fans of this team are just getting tired of seeing a top 3 paid QB who just got a big extension perform poorly week after week. What makes it worse is the guy can't seem to take any responsibility for his poor play or learn from his mistakes.