Cardinals Cut WR Andy Isabella, Sign C Billy Price!!

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
How does anyone's?

Remember back to that draft and I'm pretty sure Keim let Kliff have this pick. Which may also be why he hung around so long.
Yeah, when he was selected Kliff did a fist pump like Kirk Gibson circling the bases after that dramatic HR. I saw it live and also later on video but I can’t find it now.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you need what is right in front of you.

Andy Isabella - Busts of all busts.
Chad Williams - I'd expect more from a 3rd Rounder.
Rondale Moore - Probably a bust due to health. Hope we're all wrong
Michael Floyd - Could absolutely ball out, just couldn't get clean. Could have been a star.
Christian Kirk. - Lived up to his draft position and wish we could have kept him, but not at what he got.

2 for sure busts, a 3rd on the horizon and Floyd who was a head case who showed signs of this in college. Did we fail him in this case case? Either way, we failed with the pick.

Kirk was the only good/correct pick. Hope Moore proves us wrong and is the second one.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don't really believe this. First, anything past round 3 is a long shot. So guys like Hakeem Butler and Johnson don't count.

Yes, Isabella sucked. But Kirk is a good player.

Chad Williams sucked but Rondale is obviously talented. He can't help his usage.

John Brown was good. JJ Nelson was decent for a 5th round pick for a while. Certainly value.

There's good and bad. Like any other team you look at.

We talk alot about the Isabella pick but the Chad Williams one might be even more egregious. Could have had Jonnu Smith, Trey Hendrickson, James Conner, Eddie Jackson. That pick was nasty.
Rondale has obviously not done anything yet in this league. He can very easily become one of those 2nd round busts, so using him to help this argument does the opposite. He still has time but has very much not done anything yet.

OP
OP
bankybruce

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
banky, you gotta give Rondale some more time. IMO.
That's why I said in the horizon. He's trading the wrong way, but could still turn it around. He seems to have all the talent in the world, but needs to get and stay on the field. At this point, Collins seems like the better pick of the two and after last season ended, I'm not sure most would have predicted that. Time will tell.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since you need what is right in front of you.

Andy Isabella
Chad Williams
Rondale Moore
Michael Floyd
Christian Kirk.

Of the 5 picks in the 3rd round or higher, Keim is 1 of 5. I'm including Floyd since he was Vice President of Player Personnel in May and the draft was the last week of April, which means he had to be in the mix. Even if you throw out Floyd, 1 out of 4 is a worse strike out rate than the league average. Throw in that the Cards had to trade a 1st round pick for a WR, knowing that they are either wasting the pick as a one year rental or will need to sign him to a mega deal when they already have D-Hop is glaring.

I do love that you are somehow trying to argue that Keim has been good at drafting WRs in particular though. It gives us something to talk about...

Well no, you don't get to include Floyd, but if you did he would be a win. He was a good player for some years. Keim can hardly control his personal life.

Kirk and Moore are wins. Moore is obviously a good player. If you can't see that I don;t know what to say. It's just still early.

Isabella and Williams were garbage.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well no, you don't get to include Floyd, but if you did he would be a win. He was a good player for some years. Keim can hardly control his personal life.

Kirk and Moore are wins. Moore is obviously a good player. If you can't see that I don;t know what to say. It's just still early.

Isabella and Williams were garbage.
Bruh. Crazy talk. You don't get to claim that Keim can't control Floyd's life when signs that there were trouble started IN COLLEGE.

I don't know how you think that Moore is a win at this point in his career. I'll go back to my point... some people have blinders. Do I want Moore to succeed? Absolutely. Has he succeeded so far, absolutely not. That's not to say that he can't or wont. Right now he belongs in that category.

Last edited:

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Moore needs to stop doing all his routes horizontal to line of scrimmage and give him the space upfield to use his shiftiness to get open on crossing routes or pressing the DB with sudden change of pace one cut routes.
I was just going to post the same thing. He just gets hammered running those routes. I would love to see him running down the field and use his speed more in the open field

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bruh. Crazy talk. You don't get to claim that Keim can't control Floyd's life when signs that there were trouble started IN COLLEGE.

I don't know how you think that Moore is a win at this point in his career. I'll go back to my point... some people have blinders. Do I want Moore to succeed? Absolutely. Has he succeeded so far, absolutely not. That's not to say that he can't or wont. Right now he belongs in that category.

So if we discount Rondale who it's too early to tell. And we discount Floyd who wasn't Keim's pick. And include John Brown who you missed off your list, you have.

Good - Kirk and Brown
Bad - Isabella and Williams

As I said, seems pretty much par for the position.

There isn't a team that hasn't taken their licks at WR in the draft.

Just in our own division in the same period

Rams - Tutu Atwell 2nd round
49ers - Dante Pettis 2nd round, Jalen Hurd 3rd round
Seahawks - Dwayne Eskridge 2nd round, Amara Darboh 3rd round

Keim's problem is that he picks WR's too late where the drop off in chance of making it is steep.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if we discount Rondale who it's too early to tell. And we discount Floyd who wasn't Keim's pick. And include John Brown who you missed off your list, you have.

Good - Kirk and Brown

Keim's problem is that he picks WR's too late where the drop off in chance of making it is steep.
We aren't doing that. Why should we? Keim either made the pick or was a large part of the decision making process.

I did forget about John Brown and he had a couple of 1000 yard seasons, so he probably doesn't belong in the bust category. That's still 2 out of 6.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We aren't doing that. Why should we? Keim either made the pick or was a large part of the decision making process.

I did forget about John Brown and he had a couple of 1000 yard seasons, so he probably doesn't belong in the bust category. That's still 2 out of 6.

Wait, you just said yourself Rondale can go either way. It's definitely too early to tell, and no, you can't count Floyd. Not unless you want to blame Isabella on Kliff.

You can't have "It's ultimately the GM's decision. He owns it" and try to shift Floyd to Keim.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, you just said yourself Rondale can go either way. It's definitely too early to tell, and no, you can't count Floyd. Not unless you want to blame Isabella on Kliff.

You can't have "It's ultimately the GM's decision. He owns it" and try to shift Floyd to Keim.
He COULD go either way, but right now he is a BUST. That isn't that hard to grasp.

I never said it is 'ultimately the GM's decision.' Those are words you put into my mouth. If you don't think Keim had a hand in who was drafted, two weeks before he was put into the VP or Player Personnel role, I don't know what to tell you.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
My Keim Mt. Rushmore of draft mistakes:

to qualify: must be a 1st or 2nd round pick, with good players passed on shortly thereafter. Maybe unfair. Criticize, mock, etc. All in the spirit of if you dont laugh you cry.

Troy Nicklas, TE. 2014 Davante Adams, WR was the next player picked. Nicklas is a window into how Keim thinks: the physical traits you want, a good personality, but a total projection.

Ameer Abdullah, RB, 2015* Detroit saved Keim here as All or Nothing spilled that he wanted Abdullah. The next players he had ranked: Markus Golden (ok- good) and Tyler Lockett. Keim's rankings were in inverse order of how they turned out and Amazon did Keim's rep no favors.

Robert Nkemdiche, DT, 2016 Chris Jones, DT was picked 8 slots later. Again -- fits Keims mode: elite physical tools, an engaging personality but a projection on if he would produce consistent effort (turns out "does he really like football?" is a gigantic red flag for an interior defensive lineman. Who knew?) Further, this was a pretty solid draft class with depth and so many good players taken in the next 15 picks or so.

Andy Isabella, WR, 2019. Everyone knows about DK Metcalf. But Dionte Johnson and Terry McLaurin were also taken shortly after Andy. The Keim formula here again: elite speed and a boy scout demeanor but a projection from UMass to the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Good - Kirk and Brown

Might want to add Aiyuk to this list soon...

Personally, I think the Steelers have WR figured out. Draft them nearly every year in the 2nd-3rd round area, and only resign the really good ones.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Might want to add Aiyuk to this list soon...

Personally, I think the Steelers have WR figured out. Draft them nearly every year in the 2nd-3rd round area, and only resign the really good ones.

True. About the only ones. Every team has a glut of failed WRs in the top 3 rounds. You only need to check the draft history.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Apparently he dazzled in training camp? Hope to see that soon - maybe as the 4th option he'll blossom.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose