OT: Other games 10-2-22

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I get the same results from every person on my team.

I have had zero turnover in 3 years despite a company mandated 3% wage growth. I lead a major company in employee engagement.

Your employees performance are reflective of you.
Employees rise to your expectations. At least that was my experience.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Employees rise to your expectations. At least that was my experience.

Then why do NFL level players with good coaching still fail? It’s not a blanket recipe and some people just aren’t wired to handle things. Anyone claiming that they can turn anyone into a star has lost their noodles. It simply isn’t that easy. Good leadership mentorship and teaching can help. Absolutely 100% but some people will still fail. Some people will still panic under pressure. Some people will lag behind. That’s life and that’s a fact. No matter how nice Chris’ success story at work is nothing will change that.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then why do NFL level players with good coaching still fail? It’s not a blanket recipe and some people just aren’t wired to handle things. Anyone claiming that they can turn anyone into a star has lost their noodles. It simply isn’t that easy. Good leadership mentorship and teaching can help. Absolutely 100% but some people will still fail. Some people will still panic under pressure. Some people will lag behind. That’s life and that’s a fact. No matter how nice Chris’ success story at work is nothing will change that.

Okay let's reframe this.

Kyler struggles reading defenses. Is it because:

He can't
He won't
He lacks the ability to do so

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't believe he is disabled so it's not the third

So it comes down to a changeable outcome #1 or an active bad agent #2.

I don't see him as #2 either

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I've never been an NFL coach, but it worked for me. People are people. The other supervisors were putting employees down and wonder why they failed. Everyone wants to succeed and if you believe in them and help them achieve their best, they will work their a$$ off for you. At least that is my experience.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I certainly don't believe he is disabled so it's not the third

So it comes down to a changeable outcome #1 or an active bad agent #2.

I don't see him as #2 either

I def say it’s #1

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So #1 is about the manager more than him, especially when he looks way worse than last year.
It can absolutely be equal parts of both. Especially with the pretty much know quantity of Kyler willing to put in extra work. I’m not arguing that a better coach wouldn’t help we agree.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Packers were overrated their 13-3 year too, still have to battle them for a playof spot.

Dallas has a backup QB still.

Philly is actually playing well.

Who in your mind isn't overrated? Are you watching football this year or just saying things about teams you don't like hoping it's true?
Huh? I named 3 teams out of 32. How did you come
Up with that?? I don’t even know how to respond. Lol. It’s like if I named 3 good QBs right now and you said who isn’t good in your mind. Lol. I know sports. That wasn’t an outlandish statement. Well I guess to you.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As good as Lamar Jackson has been, it's obvious that he misses Hollywood. After two games someone posted that Bateman was having a better year than Hollywood. And I don't think that he was kidding. He might want to revisit that opinion.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Huh? I named 3 teams out of 32. How did you come
Up with that?? I don’t even know how to respond. Lol. It’s like if I named 3 good QBs right now and you said who isn’t good in your mind. Lol. I know sports. That wasn’t an outlandish statement. Well I guess to you.
You picked 3 teams with the best records and they are overrated because?

Packers, Eagles, and Cowboys have some of the top defenses right now.

Since you put the Eagles in your comment, it seems you just picked teams you don't like and calling them overrated. Eagles have been looking pretty sharp. How exactly are the Cowboys overrated?

No sure on your 3 QB example, it's not very clear what you are trying to say.

It would make more sense saying Tampa is overrated, or NYG, or something, so it begs the question.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just going to keep pointing it out the game is in Santa Clara stop showing Lombard Street!!!!!

I left early to pick up Lucy because she works 2 blocks from the stadium quite a bit of traffic but instead they showed cars going down Lombard Street. They did finally show some aerial shots of Santa Clara.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You picked 3 teams with the best records and they are overrated because?

Packers, Eagles, and Cowboys have some of the top defenses right now.

Since you put the Eagles in your comment, it seems you just picked teams you don't like and calling them overrated. Eagles have been looking pretty sharp. How exactly are the Cowboys overrated?

No sure on your 3 QB example, it's not very clear what you are trying to say.

It would make more sense saying Tampa is overrated, or NYG, or something, so it begs the question.
Dallas has t beaten anyone. Philly really hasn’t either. Green Bay has looked
Bad in beating people.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We’re the worst team in the division

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose