Suns Off-season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm beginning to feel like I'm looking for the Northwest Passage or something but I'd like a third point guard Monty will play.

If some other player can fill the role I'm good with it.

I'd like to see the Suns add more depth at power forward or a distributer/shooter.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't see how he helps at all. He's a worse player, and not at a position of need.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Unfortunately this could really be the deal because beggars can't be choosers and Suns seem to want something done ASAP

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't see how he helps at all. He's a worse player, and not at a position of need.

Unfortunately this could really be the deal because beggars can't be choosers and Suns seem to want something done ASAP

Osman can help spread the court but he is not a good rebounder. I'd want Raul Neto in the trade.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Remember when I said that the Suns have a tendency to overrate white players, and everyone on the board told me I was crazy?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It makes one wonder if the pending sale of the team will impact the Suns willingness to spend.

It’s not only this offseason

It seems he’s messed up every chance he’s gotten after his first year

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember when I said that the Suns have a tendency to overrate white players, and everyone on the board told me I was crazy?

White sports fans in general.

They love nothing more than a “Great white hope”

That’s where the term comes from.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Who in Suns management is overrating white players?

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What would it take for us to get someone like Reggie Jackson from the Clippers. Does he even want to sit behind Wall?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would it take for us to get someone like Reggie Jackson from the Clippers. Does he even want to sit behind Wall?

I can't remember where I heard it, but Reggie Jackson is a fan favorite over there. He has been with the first unit during camp.

The Clippers might have the best roster in the NBA if everyone stays healthy.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't remember where I heard it, but Reggie Jackson is a fan favorite over there. He has been with the first unit during camp.

The Clippers might have the best roster in the NBA if everyone stays healthy.
Their roster is stacked. Always going to root for the Suns but of I had to pick a team that could win it all.. I think its the Clippers if they stay healthy.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their roster is stacked. Always going to root for the Suns but of I had to pick a team that could win it all.. I think its the Clippers if they stay healthy.

If the Clippers stay healthy, they should be the favorite. Ty Lue is a good coach as well.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Crowder, Shamet, and Craig for Kevin Love and a future first. Cleveland won't want to give the pick up, but they could flip Crowder and/or Craig later in the season for additional value.
I would do this but imagine Love and Saric on the court together if the situation ever arose lol

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Root for the Clippers. Watch them as much as possible. Work a backdoor jinx to help the Suns. I have a feeling they'll need it this year.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would do this but imagine Love and Saric on the court together if the situation ever arose lol
Imagine there's no heaven

Only hell.

Don't want to think about it. Love is a shell and so is Saric likely.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe that was the case in the past?!? Anybody that think's James Jones and Monty give a damn about any of that is crazy.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
He was excellent last season. 13.6 points and 7.2 rebounds in only 22.5 minutes per game, and he shot 39% on threes. Played 74 games.
Love is washed is such an odd take - he was one of the main reasons Cleveland was as effective as they were. He rebounds and shoots 3's, pretty much exactly what we need.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love is washed is such an odd take - he was one of the main reasons Cleveland was as effective as they were. He rebounds and shoots 3's, pretty much exactly what we need.
Yeah, the problem is I believe he's very content with his role there. He gives them veteran leadership and seems to be fairly popular. At almost 30M he's well overpaid but it's the last year of his contract so I doubt they give away assets in search of someone willing to pick up that salary.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yeah, the problem is I believe he's very content with his role there. He gives them veteran leadership and seems to be fairly popular. At almost 30M he's well overpaid but it's the last year of his contract so I doubt they give away assets in search of someone willing to pick up that salary.
For sure...we want him for the same reason any team would. Perhaps our best hope is that they're mediocre and want to dump him at the trade deadline? Seems that might be our best avenue at improving the team at this point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose