Suns Off-season Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's reported the Cavaliers may have some interest in Jae Crowder.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'd like Isaac Okoro but not sure if they'd part with him. Caris Lavert doesn't really fit here, need to find third team. Too bad Cleveland can't deal Rubio until December. I'd really like to have him back behind Paul.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A trade for Caris Levert might be interesting. The Suns would have to include another contract like Craig.
It is interesting - but you are totally banking on him going back to form - and if he doesn't we already have Shamet who might be just as good.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's reported the Cavaliers may have some interest in Jae Crowder.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
If James Jones just trades Jae to move some money and get crap back in return, I am going to go off. It appears we are resolved to trade Jae. This might be our best and only chance to get a high impact player in return.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If James Jones just trade Jae to move some money and get crap back in return, I am going to go off. It appears we are resolved to trade Jae. This might be our best and only chance to get a high impact player in return.
Well, Monty said he wants the trade to happen by opening day - so you should prepare yourself to be getting a weak return.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Whatever th case, Monty better involve DA more in the offense, or this is going to get ugly very fast
Sure hope Ayton catches all the passes, doesn’t get stripped by guards, goes strong to the hole, and draws fouls.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
If James Jones just trade Jae to move some money and get crap back in return, I am going to go off. It appears we are resolved to trade Jae. This might be our best and only chance to get a high impact player in return.
How about if we throw in a few firsts to be done with it a la Kurt Thomas?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This would be a place that makes a lot of sense for the Cavs. What do they have to deal for him? They just traded 3 1sts… what do they have on their bench?
Looks like Rubio can't be traded, but I would be glad to get Ricky back.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a heartbeat. But why would Memphis do it?

The only reason I mentioned it, Ja Morant mentioned Crowder in a couple of tweets.

However, Brandon Clarke will be a RFA next season and the Grizzlies may not be able to pay him. The Suns would likely need to sweeten the trade with a pick(s).

All-in-all, it's a long shot possibility.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think the Suns acquire such a player in return unless the Suns take on more money for another player or they attach draft pick(s).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is interesting - but you are totally banking on him going back to form - and if he doesn't we already have Shamet who might be just as good.

Yeah, there are not any great options for Phoenix, especially since Crowder's trade demand has likely depreciated his value.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I prefer Ricky Rubio in a trade, but he is not yet eligible. I believe the waiting period for a trade is about 3 months. He was signed in early July.

Also, he is recovering from an ACL injury and is not projected back until December.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here are some Crowder trade packages I've seen for PF's:

1. Crowder, Craig, 2025 2nd rounder to UTA for Lauri Markannen
2. Crowder, Okogie, 2025 1st rounder to WAS for Kyle Kuzma
3. Crowder, Saric, 2024 lotto protected 2024 1st rounder to NY for Julius Randle

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

3. Crowder, Saric, 2024 lotto protected 2024 1st rounder to NY for Julius Randle
Markannen is not available for that price. I doubt he would be available with an unprotected 1st, let alone a 2nd.

I would do that Randle deal, assuming we are likely to get a wealthy owner willing to pay tax. But with the current uncertanty I'm not sure the current guy calling the shots would approve it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd do number 1 in a heartbeat and I wouldn't give much thought to either 2 or 3. But I think the Markkanen deal would take two firsts instead of a 2nd rounder and even then, I'm not sure Ainge would bite. I have no idea how Lauri is valued these days but a Crowder and Craig package can't be much more than neutral value given how poorly Torrey has played.