Suns Off-season Thread

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think also like that tough love dad, Monty is waiting for DA to come to him & bow down...I mean apologize.

And if it don't happen then silent treatment until you need me....because as parents say "you gonna need me before I need you."

And when DA comes for that talk, DA will be surprised when Monty apologizes too.

This could all well be, but this is a basketball team getting ready to start the season. There is no such luxury of waiting. Too much time has passed already.

James Jones needs to step up or involve a professional to mediate whatever issues they have.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When the Suns are getting segments like this, it's pretty obvious this story is only going to get bigger, because normaly they would never cover the Suns in the preseason.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yeah, the media is going to connect this to the Robert Sarver situation and build the problem even bigger.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Or make your current players happy and not dick around with things like flexibility.

Maintaining flexibility and not overpaying is a GM's job. His job is to get this team in a place to win a championship. Not placate young entitled players who need a dose of humility in order to be motivated.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Id rather Lose Monte than DA, yeah Monte is a cool cat but a blind one armed monkey could coach this team. CP3 does most of the work.
There's maybe a handful of people in the country that can do what DA has done and will do.
Its damning that Monte hasn't talked to DA since that game. And I DO blame Monte for that as the coach.
Fix it and lets get rolling.

Monte for Kuzma and picks
DA all day, as long as we get decent trade value.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty inexcusable for a coach not to talk to his player after an incident. The coach is supposed to be the bigger person and initiate those conversations. Coupled with his lack of adjustments, my preference would be for Monty to go over Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty inexcusable for a coach not to talk to his player after an incident. The coach is supposed to be the bigger person and initiate those conversations. Coupled with his lack of adjustments, my preference would be for Monty to go over Ayton.

If it came to having to make a choice.

What concerns me a bit, the only serious team we know was after Deandre was the Pacers.

Yet no team offered an acceptable sign-and-trade for him to my knowledge.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the Suns are getting segments like this, it's pretty obvious this story is only going to get bigger, because normaly they would never cover the Suns in the preseason.

Skip: Booker is defending Sarver

Which is a reach imo, i dont get the impression Book is defending Sarver, just giving his truth of experiences.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Skip: Booker is defending Sarver

Which is a reach imo, i dont get the impression Book is defending Sarver, just giving his truth of experiences.
I respect Booker for being honest about what he has experienced with Sarver, especially considering he is going to get backlash for "defending" Sarver. Plenty of people would either just be too afraid to say anything or would hop on the bandwagon and condemn him. Obviously the actions that he was accused of committing should be condemned and that's what Booker did. Of course it's possible that most of his crappy behavior was typically without the player's being around.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I respect Booker for being honest about what he has experienced with Sarver, especially considering he is going to get backlash for "defending" Sarver. Plenty of people would either just be too afraid to say anything or would hop on the bandwagon and condemn him. Obviously the actions that he was accused of committing should be condemned and that's what Booker did. Of course it's possible that most of his crappy behavior was typically without the player's being around.
Not accused of… ADMITTED. And where did Booker “condemn” anything? Saying he’s sensitive to other peoples experiences isn’t condemnation in any way shape or form. It’s Chicken-ish garbage.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not accused of… ADMITTED. And where did Booker “condemn” anything? Saying he’s sensitive to other peoples experiences isn’t condemnation in any way shape or form. It’s Chicken-ish garbage.
Hmmm, I must be getting quotes from players mixed up. Could have sworn he called the behavior absolutely inexcusable, but I see that is not part of his quote. That being said he has known Sarver for something like 6 years and hasn't had any negative interactions with him in that time. Is he supposed to just immediately do a 180 on everything that he has experienced based on a report? As to Sarver's statement after the report came out are we to assume that he meant everything he said in the statement or do you think a lot of it is probably just PR and trying to get people to move beyond it with the promise that he is a changed man or a better man now?

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

yes. Booker had plenty of time to prepare and communicate exactly what he wanted to get across. No "offense" came across, and that can be interpreted as playing defense on the issue -- and that concerned me as soon as others started stepping up

i credit you for your honesty, given that you are a strong Booker advocate. It's hard not be, considering how important he is to the team. But it doesn't matter that fans disagree on this. What is important, as is demonstrated by Skip's impression, is that it doesn't help Booker's leadership standing or alleged "rerouting rep." It's an unforced error when all he had to do was add one word of condemnation to his statement

that's why i put it this way weeks ago -- the professional who handles Booker's public relations should give the young man the right advice to get ahead of this scandal rather him lag behind everyone else and look weak

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes. Booker had plenty of time to prepare and communicate exactly what he wanted to get across. No "offense" came across, and that can be interpreted as playing defense on the issue -- and that concerned me as soon as others started stepping up

i credit you for your honesty, given that you are a strong Booker advocate. It's hard not be, considering how important he is to the team. But it doesn't matter that fans disagree on this. What is important, as is demonstrated by Skip's impression, is that it doesn't help Booker's leadership standing or alleged "rerouting rep." It's an unforced error when all he had to do was add one word of condemnation to his statement

that's why i put it this way weeks ago -- the professional who handles Booker's public relations should give the young man the right advice to get ahead of this scandal rather him lag behind everyone else and look weak
Lol at me being a “strong Booker advocate”. I’ve been repeatedly slammed over the years for not fluffing Booker as a “superstar”. But I don’t find every reason I can to tear him down like you do.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not just DA

Some of the comments from Monty are really alarming. Saying he would see guys working out at the facility and not come out of the office to just “give them space”

He honestly sounds like he’s scared to death of confrontation. You can’t lead men and not be willing to confront issues when they come up

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Is he supposed to just immediately do a 180 on everything that he has experienced based on a report?
no. again. simply do both. add a word of condemnation -- like everyone else did

"i was shocked because Sarver always treated me very well and my experiences with him have always been good. The results of the NBA's investigation, however, are clear and that kind of behavior is unacceptable"

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol at me being a “strong Booker advocate”. I’ve been repeatedly slammed over the years for not fluffing Booker as a “superstar”. But I don’t find every reason I can to tear him down like you do.
even when we agree, you just can't resist "another reason to tear me down" can you?

i guess we're both set in our ways

Last edited:

Fumats20

Veteran
Reaction score
I think Bookers statement could have been a lot stronger. He's signed, seal and delivered and there would be no penalty if he really spoke his mind.

I just think he really didn't know what to say since he too thought the rumors he heard internally weren't true. I think he had a bamboozled deamonor....like how did this guy fool me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's reported the Cavaliers may have some interest in Jae Crowder.

This would be a place that makes a lot of sense for the Cavs. What do they have to deal for him? They just traded 3 1sts… what do they have on their bench?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Bookers statement could have been a lot stronger. He's signed, seal and delivered and there would be no penalty if he really spoke his mind.

I just think he really didn't know what to say since he too thought the rumors he heard internally weren't true. I think he had a bamboozled deamonor....like how did this guy fool me.

I thought it was interesting, Booker said he had not talked to Earl Watson in the 2022 Media Day interview.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would be a place that makes a lot of sense for the Cavs. What do they have to deal for him? They just traded 3 1sts… what do they have on their bench?

A trade for Caris Levert might be interesting. The Suns would have to include another contract like Craig.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It’s not just DA

Some of the comments from Monty are really alarming. Saying he would see guys working out at the facility and not come out of the office to just “give them space”

He honestly sounds like he’s scared to death of confrontation. You can’t lead men and not be willing to confront issues when they come up
How much coaching are they allowed to do in the summer? Players union has to have something about real practice times. And for DA I think everyone on this forum wanted someone anyone to light a fire under his ass..................................

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How much coaching are they allowed to do in the summer? Players union has to have something about real practice times. And for DA I think everyone on this forum wanted someone anyone to light a fire under his ass..................................

He’s not coming out to coach them. He said he went out of his way to avoid them period

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
This makes me miss the best player-management coach the Suns ever had during my time observing them: Alvin Gentry. Wish he were here instead of Monty Williams.

(No doubt Cotton was good at that, but I say his greatest strength was his boldness and innovation.)
Gentry in my opinion is by far the most underrated coach in the Suns history.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose