Arizona Cardinals @ Las Vegas Raiders pregame thread. 9/11/22-9/17/22

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't know why, but I'm expecting a better performance by the Cardinals, this week. Not saying that they'll win, because the Raiders are desperate and playing at home. Also, their QB is VG, as is their TE and Adams (WR) is great. And, on paper, we don't have anyone to match up. However, I sense that the entire team (AZ) feels a sense of urgency and our poor performance against KC might make the Raiders feel overconfident. My guess that our two top performances this week will be turned in by Kyler and Hollywood. And on defense Gardeck will continue to surprise.

There is one Raider who can dash my hopes and that's Chandler Jones who will be very motivated. Still think we'll come out of the game feeling better about ourselves. Team and fans.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't know why, but I'm expecting a better performance by the Cardinals, this week. Not saying that they'll win, because the Raiders are desperate and playing at home. Also, their QB is VG, as is their TE and Adams (WR) is great. And, on paper, we don't have anyone to match up. However, I sense that the entire team (AZ) feels a sense of urgency and our poor performance against KC might make the Raiders feel overconfident. My guess that our two top performances this week will be turned in by Kyler and Hollywood. And on defense Gardeck will continue to surprise.

There is one Raider who can dash my hopes and that's Chandler Jones who will be very motivated. Still think we'll come out of the game feeling better about ourselves. Team and fans.
I can explain why. They have to play better because they can’t play any worse.
Imagine this board if we lay another egg like we did Sunday?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How can Kyler or anyone else see this and not know Snead is blitzing?

There's already a CB off Ertz so Snead is free. Garbage from Kyler and everyone.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Because it can't be worse

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Sunday's game. I think it will be a much better barometer of whether this team is going to be mediocre/possibly scratching into the playoffs or just another one of the old 5-11 (plus 1 whatever ways) teams that bled us dry almost every season in the old days.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If there’s something positive the Cardinals can hang their helmets on after their embarrassing season-opening loss at home to the Chiefs, there’s this: They’re playing on the road this Sunday, where they went 8-1 a year ago.

Not only was that a franchise record, but when it came to road games, the Cardinals led the NFL in points scored (267), total touchdowns (31), rushing touchdowns (12) and passer rating (111.2). Additionally, they had the best turnover margin on the road (plus-18), the most forced fumbles (14) and fumble recoveries (11) and also had the fewest turnovers (3).

Can that type of success carry over to this week's road opener at the Raiders?
It's kind of our only hope at this point. Losing what 7 straight home games for a playoff caliber team is embarrassing. I remember the Cards actually having home field advantage not too long ago.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to Sunday's game. I think it will be a much better barometer of whether this team is going to be mediocre/possibly scratching into the playoffs or just another one of the old 5-11 (plus 1 whatever ways) teams that bled us dry almost every season in the old days.
My fear is that we put enough bad tape on the field to show teams how to beat us the rest of the year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fear is that we put enough bad tape on the field to show teams how to beat us the rest of the year.
I just can't bring myself to totally give up on the season after 1 week where I knew we'd get killed. we get killed again this week and all bets are off... but I'll probably fool myself into one more week against the Rams.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's becoming more and more painfully obvious that we really do miss Jordan Hicks. Say what you want about that man, but the mental lapses on defense weren't a regular occurrence with him on the field. He made his share of mistakes no doubt, but he was integral in softening the angst and irritation that Zaven's inability to get on the field caused us. Especially early on during that run last season.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't bring myself to totally give up on the season after 1 week where I knew we'd get killed. we get killed again this week and all bets are off... but I'll probably fool myself into one more week against the Rams.
Me either. I think we keep the game close, and will probably win the Cards +6 line.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's becoming more and more painfully obvious that we really do miss Jordan Hicks. Say what you want about that man, but the mental lapses on defense weren't a regular occurrence with him on the field. He made his share of mistakes no doubt, but he was integral in softening the angst and irritation that Zaven's inability to get on the field caused us. Especially early on during that run last season.
Vikings defense had a massive turn around week one against the Packers. The leader in tackles for them was Jordan Hicks. Pat Peterson had a great game as well.

Letting Hicks go and then picking Vigil up from the Vikings was the worst swap ever.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson