Kansas City Chiefs @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame Thread. 9/2/22-9/10/22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So we really are going into the game with Murphy, Marco, and Christian Mathew as our only 3 corners.

KK just said Jalen Thompson will fill in at CB if needed.

This could really be a disaster.

Robert Alford must be better than I remember because he's the only change in the secondary from when we spanked the Titans.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we really are going into the game with Murphy, Marco, and Christian Mathew as our only 3 corners.

KK just said Jalen Thompson will fill in at CB if needed.

This could really be a disaster.
No, Javelin Guidry is the 4th guy right now and had a handful of starts the last two seasons.

Once healthy
Murphy
Hamilton
Wilson
Mullen
Mathew/Guidry

Mullen hopefully next week and Hamilton in week 5.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Got to get some semblance of a pass rush or the Burn Unit will be complete ashes really quickly in this game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cornerback talent or “lack” of cornerback talent doesn’t bother me cause they’re all dependent on our pass-rush.

Bills didn’t even have Tre White last night & they still dominated because they have a consistently great pass-rush.

Rams have Ramsey & that didn’t matter cause they have no pass-rush outside of Donald.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cornerback talent or “lack” of cornerback talent doesn’t bother me cause they’re all dependent on our pass-rush.

Bills didn’t even have Tre White last night & they still dominated because they have a consistently great pass-rush.

Rams have Ramsey & that didn’t matter cause they have no pass-rush outside of Donald.

Agreed. Pass rush is far more of a concern.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Robert Alford must be better than I remember because he's the only change in the secondary from when we spanked the Titans.
Trying to remember if some other guy had a monster game...can't remember his name....

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This game and likely our season are going to rely on Vance Joseph manufacturing a pass rush with a hodge podge of players. Preliminary reports seem to indicate that he is going to allow the DL to attack instead of simply occupy gaps which may help. ILB blitzes, safety blitzes, corner blitzes will all be on the menu.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
It will take a miracle to win. I'll still watch and hope (just checked and it is being broadcast here in SW Florida).

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The same people bemoaning the lack of quality CBs are the same ones who mocked the Cardinals for going with Robert Alford.

If the pass rush works, the CBs will be fine.
Who was out injured when the season was on the line? Yeah, the guy with massive injury problems. This greatly added to our decline last year.

If we knew he could be healthy, fine. Problem is, that just isn't Robert Alford.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Christian Mathew was our #3 corner last year? I must have missed that.

And yeah the difference between someone that is competent like Alford and someone who is incompetent like Mathew is huge, and Tannehille is not quite the threat of Mahomes either.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

And yeah the difference between someone that is competent like Alford and someone who is incompetent like Mathew is huge, and Tannehille is not quite the threat of Mahomes either.
Mathew is incompetent, just because he's a rookie? Weird take.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

And that doesn’t even take into account the secondary was boosted by a MONSTER game from CJ (who’s now gone without equivalent replacement) and a year younger AND healthier JJ Watt who might not even play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard