Season Prediction

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm seeing a decent amount of predictions for 6 wins.

Last year the following teams won 6 games or fewer: Jets, Texans, Jaguars, Giants, Bears, Lions, and Panthers. I really don't see how we are that caliber of team (barring injuries, of course) where we'd be in line for a top 7 pick.

Anyways, my prediction is 9-8 or 10-7.
Brother, we lost to two of those teams handily last year!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm seeing a decent amount of predictions for 6 wins.

Last year the following teams won 6 games or fewer: Jets, Texans, Jaguars, Giants, Bears, Lions, and Panthers. I really don't see how we are that caliber of team (barring injuries, of course) where we'd be in line for a top 7 pick.

Anyways, my prediction is 9-8 or 10-7.
I don't think you understand how bad our defense is - especially our corners.

I expect our D to be bottom 5, and quite possibly the worst in the league.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm gonna say that the Cards finish 10-7, come in second in the division, and make the playoffs.

Kyler is too good to let the Cards have a losing record
I think either the Rams or the 49ers take a major step back (I think it's the Rams)
I think this is the year Kliff's offense finds the next gear and finishes in the Top 10 for DVOA

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Brother, we lost to two of those teams handily last year!
Ok, but what's your point? We also won 5 games against playoff teams including the SB champions. Does that mean we're the best?

I just don't see how, over a season-long sample size, we're equivilent to that quality of team last year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I think we need to re-calibrate what secondary play looks like in the 2020s.

Last year we had Robert Alford, Byron Murphy, and Marco Wilson -- the consensus on this board was that we maybe had the worst secondary in the league.

Turns out we finished sixth in DVOA, ninth in weighted DVOA, and fifth in passing DVOA. People hate Vance Joseph because #reasons, but he's been a g-d magician considering the personnel he's had to work with. I get that Chandler Jones is gone, but it's hard for me to think this isn't at least a mediocre unit this season based on the evidence.

Having Budda and Jalen up high is going to cover up for a lot of sins.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ok, but what's your point? We also won 5 games against playoff teams including the SB champions. Does that mean we're the best?

I just don't see how, over a season-long sample size, we're equivilent to that quality of team last year.
I hope not! I don't think we'll be a bottom 5 or even bottom 10 team, but I think we're closer to disaster than we are to legitimately competing.

Even if our offense improves, the overall talent on our D is just pitiful. If Vance can make chicken salad out chicken....it'll be very impressive.

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score

I agree that defense is absolutely our weak spot. Just not sure who exactly we've lost in the secondary that should tank our performance completely from last year.

12th in points allowed
11th in total yards allowed
7th in pass yards allowed
20th in rush yards allowed

Edit: K9 posted better DVOA stats for defense that people can reference versus my antiquated yardage and points stats :)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I agree that defense is absolutely our weak spot. Just not sure who exactly we've lost in the secondary that should tank our performance completely from last year.
Robert Alford was our most consistent CB all year! Marco Wilson went from an encouraging rookie to a guy that was attacked mercilessly in the second half, and has had a terrible camp. Hell, our team was heavily reliant on Antonio freaking Hamilton as a starter, and even that seems questionable based on injury.

Apparently the team is cool with the situation, but it's quite worrisome to the outside observer.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I must have missed it. But it looks like you've seen our 'final' roster. Did we go with four or five corners, and who are they? Thanks.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm gonna say that the Cards finish 10-7, come in second in the division, and make the playoffs.

I think either the Rams or the 49ers take a major step back (I think it's the Rams)
I think this is the year Kliff's offense finds the next gear and finishes in the Top 10 for DVOA
Until McVay has a losing season, I cannot do it.

Shanahan & the Niners OTOH, I can see it, especially if Trey doesn’t live up anywhere close to his billing.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I mean, he has been doing that the past few years. Keim should buy Vance a Lamborghini for the mediocrity Keim has supplied him with.
This would be his greatest illusion yet!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Robert Alford was our most consistent CB all year! Marco Wilson went from an encouraging rookie to a guy that was attacked mercilessly in the second half, and has had a terrible camp. Hell, our team was heavily reliant on Antonio freaking Hamilton as a starter, and even that seems questionable based on injury.

Apparently the team is cool with the situation, but it's quite worrisome to the outside observer.
This. Marco Wilson has been absolutely awful. Hammilton is ok for a number 3, but who knows if he is even going to play. Byron Murphy just isn't that good either.

Just don't see how teams with star recievers don't torch us.

Don't trust our middle linebackers or most of our DT's to stop the run either.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The NFCW is an Aaron Donald injury away from the Cardinals having a legit shot to win the division. SF/SEA will be nothing special this year. They won't be poop or pushovers, but they will hardly be dominant teams. Depending on Stafford and his elbow, who knows what's gonna happen with the Rams.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Until McVay has a losing season, I cannot do it.

Shanahan & the Niners OTOH, I can see it, especially if Trey doesn’t live up anywhere close to his billing.
Totally get it. As Ron says above, I think the Rams are one injury away from going 9-8. Apparently vibes there are pretty concerning. As I said, I think that either the Rams or the Niners are likely to take a step backward. I actually think that Shanahan might be the better coach, and that roster seems good and deep.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

All this

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you know how good or bad our 'D' will be, and therefore your prediction is meaningless.
Dude tone it down. The whole reason for the thread is to predict and If you want to give your Reasons.

No reason to attack somebody for their reasons. Calling somebody’s prediction meaningless is over the top.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose