CB Antonio Hamilton out dealing with undisclosed issue

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
You guys are so silly so times. How much contact do you really want from our QB that has had nagging injuries in his career? Would you rather he end up like RGIII?

Besides Kyler, and any QB in the NFL would shred an 11 all out blitz. Even someone like McSorley.
I was being sarcastic, should’ve put the sarcasm emoji.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has spurned the pocket more than a few times. It's a significant problem for him. One he can, and I hope will, fix, but it is definitely a problem.
Of course QBs make mistakes in the pocket. All of them do.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Of course QBs make mistakes in the pocket. All of them do.
They do. For a guy who is supposedly top-10 and one of the best in the league, he does it far too much. If he was a JAG mid-tier QB, then he'd be right on par.

He's got the big pay check, and is "the guy." Now he has to clean up these areas of his game and go to the next level.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Um, for him to step up in the pocket rather than bail/go fetal. Yes, there were times that this wasn't an option, yet there were plenty of times he shied away from a clean pocket when all he had to do was freaking step forward and buy himself a few extra seconds. He must find that part of his game, or nothing else will matter.

And, yes, every once in a while he's going to have to stand in there and take a damn hit to make a big play. That's also part of the job. Of course you don't want him doing it all the time, because he's limited due to his size. He damn sure better be able to do it, though, or I don't want him.

This post, though it sounds highly critical of KM, isn't meant to be that. I want and hope for him to take the leap to the next level. The idea of thinking it's okay for our QB to just turtle at any sign of contact is silly to me.
What you said word for word my Cardinals brotha. 100%

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
How a team with still so much cap space is still virtually ignoring this position is baffling. At this point, one would think they would go out with no choice but sign whatever two remaining vets are on the free agent market which best fits their mode of operation, Alford being a give me since he knows the defense and whoever is left... yeah, you sign two now because this group is position thin. Someone needs to please ask this question of Keim, or rather ask Kingsbury or Vance Joseph who the press has the most access to, to put the pressure on the GM for not acting, "do you guys realize that you need CBs to play defense?"

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think they’re gonna try and get through Week 1 wit what they have and throw big (but not fully guaranteed) money at one or two name vets.
Being a Cardinal fan looking at our current stable of cornerbacks has me like a passenger on the Titanic screaming at the captain to turn, turn, turn damn it! But he keeps going straight towards the iceberg lol

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think they’re gonna try and get through Week 1 wit what they have and throw big (but not fully guaranteed) money at one or two name vets.
Oh God, I think you're right! We shouldn't be too cheapskate-stupid for this to be the real plan, but I think you have it!