CB Antonio Hamilton out dealing with undisclosed issue

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Our CB situation needs to get fixed like yesterday lol. Just can't catch a break at that position. I've read where the Cardinals are constantly trying to deal for one pretty much everyday. More than likely teams are holding out till after the last pre season game to know which way to go, who to keep & who to trade or cut. Guess we'll find out by Tuesday at the earliest?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point, I would seriously consider just moving Simmons to corner. I really think he is probably better than anyone else we have.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think there would be better success with Budda at corner and Simmons in Buddas safety spot.
A lot of Isaiah Simmons at slot CB talk. Also, Jalen Thompson played some nickel CB in college. I hate the idea but it seems that the Cardinals are trying to use what they have.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this point, just send all 11 on an all out blitz every snap. I know Kyler would go fetal immediately, maybe other QB’s would too.
You guys are so silly so times. How much contact do you really want from our QB that has had nagging injuries in his career? Would you rather he end up like RGIII?

Besides Kyler, and any QB in the NFL would shred an 11 all out blitz. Even someone like McSorley.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just another thing that makes it easier to feel even more meh about football this year.. lol

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People forget that Ronnie Lott came out of college as a monster safety, but Bill Walsh played him at corner immediately and for the first 5 or so years of his HOF NFL career. Was an absolute beast at both positions. I say go ahead and move Simmons or Budda to corner and try to make it work. What they have now is hot garbage.

HammerCards

Veteran
Reaction score
The biggest issue isn’t Hamilton getting hurt. The biggest issue is this just shows what we are looking at if ONE of our guys can’t go for a couple weeks.

We need to trade for a starting caliber corner and sign another for depth.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You guys are so silly so times. How much contact do you really want from our QB that has had nagging injuries in his career? Would you rather he end up like RGIII?

Besides Kyler, and any QB in the NFL would shred an 11 all out blitz. Even someone like McSorley.
About the only way the Cards used to be able to beat the Cowboys (Aikman and Romo) was with all out blitzes. Obviously not every snap, but when the games were on the line, that was the only thing that would work.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The biggest issue isn’t Hamilton getting hurt. The biggest issue is this just shows what we are looking at if ONE of our guys can’t go for a couple weeks.

We need to trade for a starting caliber corner and sign another for depth.
Hell, we were looking horrific at corner before he got hurt.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Um, for him to step up in the pocket rather than bail/go fetal. Yes, there were times that this wasn't an option, yet there were plenty of times he shied away from a clean pocket when all he had to do was freaking step forward and buy himself a few extra seconds. He must find that part of his game, or nothing else will matter.

And, yes, every once in a while he's going to have to stand in there and take a damn hit to make a big play. That's also part of the job. Of course you don't want him doing it all the time, because he's limited due to his size. He damn sure better be able to do it, though, or I don't want him.

This post, though it sounds highly critical of KM, isn't meant to be that. I want and hope for him to take the leap to the next level. The idea of thinking it's okay for our QB to just turtle at any sign of contact is silly to me.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um, for him to step up in the pocket rather than bail/go fetal. Yes, there were times that this wasn't an option, yet there were plenty of times he shied away from a clean pocket when all he had to do was freaking step forward and buy himself a few extra seconds. He must find that part of his game, or nothing else will matter.

And, yes, every once in a while he's going to have to stand in there and take a damn hit to make a big play. That's also part of the job. Of course you don't want him doing it all the time, because he's limited due to his size. He damn sure better be able to do it, though, or I don't want him.

This post, though it sounds highly critical of KM, isn't meant to be that. I want and hope for him to take the leap to the next level. The idea of thinking it's okay for our QB to just turtle at any sign of contact is silly to me.
This is happened maybe a couple of times at most. Most of the times he 'goes fetal' is when he scrambles or a sack is imminent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose