2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The league will not host any games on election day this year. All 30 teams will play that Monday though as part of a civic engagement night where they'll encourage fans to vote.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The media wants to talk about the Lakers after Lebron was extended.

Nets reportedly want more than two first round picks for Kyrie Irving and the Lakers do not want to trade two first round picks for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield.

I hope neither team helps the Lakers with these trades.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Nets want a win now package, they will never get value for KD or Kyrie.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Nets want to be competitive and rebuild at the same time. Adding a player like Jaylen Brown would allow them to do this.
There is so much grey in what is being reported. I mean, it would seem like they would jump at Jaylen Brown if that was the case and get the KD deal done. However, if even half of the rumors are true about the Nets? They have delusions of grandeur about what KD is worth.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Pacers are building their team around Tyrese Haliburton.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Haliburton but he's not a centerpiece to build around. He's a good #2 and probably a great #3 but you can't really build a strong contender around a PG. The teams that do like Golden State don't have real PG's. Steph is a combo guard, more of a SG than a PG though and isn't the playmaker for the Warriors. Memphis has Ja but he's also more of a combo guard like Iverson vs a passing PG.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haliburton is a nice player, but the next Reggie Miller? Come on now.

I would guess that he means it in the "Pacer's franchise guy who doesn't make it clear he expects to be in LA one day" mold.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There is so much grey in what is being reported. I mean, it would seem like they would jump at Jaylen Brown if that was the case and get the KD deal done. However, if even half of the rumors are true about the Nets? They have delusions of grandeur about what KD is worth
There is so much grey in what is being reported. I mean, it would seem like they would jump at Jaylen Brown if that was the case and get the KD deal done. However, if even half of the rumors are true about the Nets? They have delusions of grandeur about what KD is worth.
At this point you almost have to assume Jaylen Brown was not offered.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get they both play/played for Indy, but their styles are SOOOO Different! No other comparisons?

The Pacers GM, Chad Buchanan, made the comparison.

I think the Pacers need to sell the fans they have a star to build around. After all, they traded two time All-Star Domantas Sabonis for him.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haliburton is a nice player, but the next Reggie Miller? Come on now.
I don't find that to be that far fetched. Reggie Miller was not really that great of a player, and Halliburton is only going to get better.

As far as giving up Sabonis - you want to talk overrated, that guy is the poster boy for it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't find that to be that far fetched. Reggie Miller was not really that great of a player, and Halliburton is only going to get better.

As far as giving up Sabonis - you want to talk overrated, that guy is the poster boy for it.

I don’t think Sabonis is overrated he could be a really good player on a winning team, but he’s not a #1 to carry a franchise and that’s the position they had him in

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

A volatile, high-voltage scorer from the off guard position, Reggie Miller was one of the supreme shooters of any era. With 2,560 made 3-pointers, he ended his career as the NBA's greatest long-range shooter. He poured in 25,279 points to finish his career in 12th place on the league's all-time scoring list.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reggie Miller was must see TV for a time. He deserves his respect.

I don’t think he meant he’s Reggie Miller in terms of play I think he meant he’s Reggie Miller in terms of he can carry the flag for the franchise for the next 10 years.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Reggie Miller was just see TV for a time. He deserves his respect.

I don’t think he meant he’s Reggie Miller in terms of play I think he meant he’s Reggie Miller in terms of he can carry the flag for the franchise for the next 10 years.
Reggie did it for 18 years, btw. He was the Larry Fitzgerald for Indy. Revered and liked by all in his state. As well as a damn good if not great NBA player. Just commenting that it's really unfair to put that young man in the same mold as Reggie Miller this early in his career.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reggie did it for 18 years, btw. He was the Larry Fitzgerald for Indy. Revered and liked by all in his state. As well as a damn good if not great NBA player. Just commenting that it's really unfair to put that young man in the same mold as Reggie Miller this early in his career.

Agree, it's unfair to compare the two players NOW.

Reggie Miller was also a five time NBA All-Star.

The Pacers GM used the word, "hopefully."

However, if one wants to project based on the first two seasons for each player, the link below shows the stats.

Interestingly, Reggie Miller was also two years older.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
oh boy... Chet Holmgren already has feet issues. Bad sign for a super lanky super tall rookie big man.

I would have been terrified to draft him. An impact between him and even a dude like Torrey Craig might cause him to do a back flip.

He makes Shawn Bradley look thicc.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose